Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 130X

130X Blade 130X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2012, 05:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 130X or modded mcpx

Really like this 130x alot but would it bring me the same happiness as a fully modded mcpx? Use my mcpx now as a test bed for trying different tricks. BTW im not brushless (yet) with mine. I do put it in alot and she usually bounces back quite nicely. The cost of this 130x is a little more than doing a total brushless mod to the mcpx so decisions, decisions. What do you guys think?
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2012, 07:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I really want a 130x but I dont think its gonna have the "crashability" as my MCPX.
MCPX BL(#1 V1 Hp05s/120SR tail, V1 C05m/Dual coreless tail)
Nano cpx stock
Trex 450 Pro, Spektrum Dx6i, Phoenix
tommy217xxx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2012, 07:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'd say do brushless now and fly the piss out of it. Once the 130 is finally released you should be to the point where you're not crashing so durability shouldn't be an issue.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojappa View Post
I'd say do brushless now and fly the piss out of it. Once the 130 is finally released you should be to the point where you're not crashing so durability shouldn't be an issue.
+1. I think the a properly equipped BL mCPx is a capable as the 130x will be, but you'll spend as much money (more ) to take the mCPx to that level. However it really depends on your skill level, your natural abilities (for me age), the type of flying you are interested in, and where you want to take the hobby. And finally how much you are willing to spend.
distructor is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2012, 08:34 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

brushless MCPx imo, brushless really turns it into a different beast. The 130x is 2 months away at the earliestand they will probably be sold out for a good month or two after release too.
youturnjason is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2012, 10:26 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm definitely waiting for the 130X, it will fly better and be more reliable than anything I could cobble together from upgrades, it's an off-the-shelf product and offers better visibility too; and I want to keep my mcpx as a practice heli to try out new moves.

I can't really see why anyone would upgrade now, unless you can't wait until the summer?

I'm really looking forward to this heli!
Andrew73 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2012, 01:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I like to build. So I am still flirting with the MCPX BL upgrade. I might go for it down the road when my 2 brushed motors die. By then I will hopefully have one of these 130x's to replace my MCPX in my 2 heli fleet while it is getting modded and figured.
litehawkdown is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2012, 02:00 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy217xxx View Post
I really want a 130x but I dont think its gonna have the "crashability" as my MCPX.
I'm going to disagree depending on what brushless setup people go. C05m to a low HP05 brushless setups will be more durable but high end HP05 to TA-915 brushless setups will be just as durable as the 130x and the TA-915 might even be less just by assuming what I've heard from the HH guys who've flown the 130x and people who've upgraded to a TA-915 setup.

Other then that I would say keep it stock if your kind of worried about money (if not ignore the rest and go brushless and get the 130x when it comes out). That way you can have the mcpx be the house flyer if you don't already have one and the 130x be the outdoor heli. In the meantime while waiting I'm sure you haven't even mastered the mcpx, I know I haven't and by masterd I mean what you see those pro pilots doing with there stock mcpxs, so you could just work on that and the 130x will just be a cinch to fly once you get it.
BurritoSnake is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2012, 02:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I really like the performance that I've seen from the 130X so far but the torque tube puts me off. I don't think it will have the same try something, crash, pick it up and try again factor that makes the mcpx so fun.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:00 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Take both! Both will have their places.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:01 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexis View Post
I really like the performance that I've seen from the 130X so far but the torque tube puts me off. I don't think it will have the same try something, crash, pick it up and try again factor that makes the mcpx so fun.

Flexis this is exactly what I was thinking and why I posted the question. I like the 130 alot but I want to be able to "hotdog" with it. I am not so sure a complete teardown everytime I put it in the lawn would make it a fun heli. My money is going to go either direction. Right now leaning toward the BL mod. A little part of it is my impatients as well.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:32 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

The mcpx, even with a brushless conversion is never going to to have the tail performance vs the 130x fully driven and variable pitch tail.

Personally, the tail performance increase would be the biggest reason to wait. To me the money is wasted on the brushless mod when you still have a mushy tail. Just my opinion, one of many..
Old 04-17-2012, 09:00 PM   #13 (permalink)
HF MR Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtheli View Post
The mcpx, even with a brushless conversion is never going to to have the tail performance vs the 130x fully driven and variable pitch tail.

Personally, the tail performance increase would be the biggest reason to wait. To me the money is wasted on the brushless mod when you still have a mushy tail. Just my opinion, one of many..
If you go with a brushless tail motor... Is it still to weak to hold the tail?
clouseau is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2012, 09:08 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

A motor driven tail will never ever be anywhere near as good as a belt or torque tube driven tail.
benboy207 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2012, 10:11 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by clouseau View Post
If you go with a brushless tail motor... Is it still to weak to hold the tail?
Yes. See video posted here: https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?p=3718674

As noted later in the above thread, the fliers main intent was to demonstrate tail hold on the double brushless machine, not his 3d flying skills. However this type Type of conversion take a fair amount of soldering skills.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:19 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have crashed my 120 very hard on the grass and no damage.
I think the 130X will be very close to the mcpx in crash "survivability" if thats a word.
newhelliguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2012, 10:22 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by benboy207 View Post
A motor driven tail will never ever be anywhere near as good as a belt or torque tube driven tail.
Old school thinking there...what motor tails have you flown? Not meaning offence but some are really good...most are crap.

Sr120 and plantraco prop is pretty darn good. Better than my Quark and Jr290 on a Gaui 200 with the 255 tail. Stops aren't as precise but all other aspects of accuracy are better!

There is also DDVP tails...that is a Variable pitch tail on a brushless tail motors shaft. Quite complicated but they perform very well.

Stock mcpx tail is pretty rubbish but that is a product of Horizon's choice of tail motor and small wiring and plug etc.

Amp
Ampdraw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2012, 02:09 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhelliguy View Post
I think the 130X will be very close to the mcpx in crash "survivability" if thats a word.
Why would you say that the 130x will be very close to the mcpx in crash "survivability" when there two completely different helis build wise? I'm guessing it won't even be close but the 130x won't crashed as much likely

So far my guess is 130x will have wear in the tail by guessing everyone talking about there walkera(or however you say it) experience and how those tails are similar and wear out after a certain amount of flights.

Basically what I'm getting at is that the heli will likely crash due to a tail failure possibly if wear does happen and kill the tail on some random flight if maintenance isn't done.

So that might be the only time people crash considering everything else about the heli seems to be a flawless upgrade compared to the mcpx that made the more advanced non-beginner pilots crash.
BurritoSnake is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2012, 05:51 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Right now seem to be crashing my mcpx due to tail blowouts and me loosing orientation when it happens. Has help me considerably in flying my 550. I do enjoy the mcpx just wish the tail didn't blow out so much. I have it extended already it just seems like in harder manuevers it can't keep up. Also like the idea of just getting them both. LOL I keep reading talk about the walkera. Do they make something similiar to eh 130X?
Old 04-18-2012, 05:55 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhelliguy View Post
Google it, it's a word. And no, it's not gonna have mCP style durability in a crash.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in