Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > DJI Heli Autopilot System(Naza-H/WooKong-H/Ace One)

DJI Heli Autopilot System(Naza-H/WooKong-H/Ace One) DJI Heli Autopilot System(Naza-H/WooKong-H/Ace One) Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2013, 01:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Naza GPS Prob

Hi! My dji f450 always drifts to the right.
How can I set position hold? Would it automatically hold position when i dont touch sticks in gps mode or anything i should set first? Ty
Tukmol is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2013, 11:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hmmm - it would drift a bit, then should stop.
As another flyier explained to me, it's like the craft is in a "bubble" - it will drift to the edge of that "bubble", then it should stop.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

do you give the GPS a little time to acquire enough satellites?
Old 03-01-2013, 04:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Battery

make sure your battery is balanced could cause it to drift a little. Was it windy? That too will cause it to drift a little. And make sure you have a good green light in gps mode too. Jay
AMA#939908
IRCHA#4219
LCRCC Member
cabojay is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2013, 06:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Naza GPS Prob

Its a bit windy. It doesn't stop drifting. Should i wait for no red light before taking off? Ty
Old 03-01-2013, 06:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Naza GPS Prob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alekoy View Post
do you give the GPS a little time to acquire enough satellites?
How would i know if theres enough sats? I didnt understand the manual lol.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Naza GPS Prob

Have you done IMU calibration? That usually clears up any remaining drift for me. It's in the manual and is an option in the Naza PC software.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylence519 View Post
Have you done IMU calibration? That usually clears up any remaining drift for me. It's in the manual and is an option in the Naza PC software.

It's in the manual pg 35
tt408 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2013, 08:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Naza GPS Prob

I did the imu calibration even if it says i dont need to, still drifts to right. I can stop the drift using trim, subtrims have no effect. Did you guys add trims to yours?
Old 03-01-2013, 08:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tukmol View Post
How would i know if theres enough sats? I didnt understand the manual lol.
red flashes before the yellow blink (atti mode) or green blink (gps mode) means:

3 red blinks = less than 5 satellites
2 red blinks = 5 satellites
1 red blink = 6 satellites
no red blinks and a single yellow or single green = 7 or more satellites.

two yellow or two green blinks just means you don't have your control sticks centered, so if you are getting two blinks GPS won't hold because it thinks you are giving it demand.
fiveflat is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2013, 10:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Naza GPS Prob

How many sats does it need to hold? Ty
Old 03-01-2013, 10:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

A handy [literally] way to check your GPS sattelite lock is to wait for it to acquire 6+ sats [when no red light is blinking], then cover the GPS unit with your palm [blocking the sats signal] - you should see one or more red lights blinking [I do it to check that I actually have sattelite connection].

try flying in a less windy conditions.
Try flying facing different directions - does it always drift to the right of you? or does it drift to the direction of the wind? Or does it drift to a certain compass direction?

If all else fail ... why not contact DJI? Just a thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveflat View Post
red flashes before the yellow blink (atti mode) or green blink (gps mode) means:

3 red blinks = less than 5 satellites
2 red blinks = 5 satellites
1 red blink = 6 satellites
no red blinks and a single yellow or single green = 7 or more satellites.

two yellow or two green blinks just means you don't have your control sticks centered, so if you are getting two blinks GPS won't hold because it thinks you are giving it demand.
Old 03-02-2013, 01:25 AM   #13 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tukmol View Post
I did the imu calibration even if it says i dont need to, still drifts to right. I can stop the drift using trim, subtrims have no effect. Did you guys add trims to yours?
Never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever and ever

use trim on a FBL controller. It is interpreted as input and bypasses the processing of the unit.

Trims should be removed from transmitters nowadays! hehe (I know, still used on planks, and on other shtufhlings)
Thalios is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2013, 02:20 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Naza GPS Prob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalios View Post
Never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever and ever

use trim on a FBL controller. It is interpreted as input and bypasses the processing of the unit.

Trims should be removed from transmitters nowadays! hehe (I know, still used on planks, and on other shtufhlings)
Thank u thank thank u! I Though its ok.

I tried RTH , WOW it returned and land, very stable,no drifting, but when in gps/atti mode when i llet go of the sticks its still drifting to right
Old 03-02-2013, 09:17 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

contact DJI support. I had the same issue. They gave me step my step instructions to fix this. In GPS mode, mine locks in tight and fast!
Old 03-02-2013, 09:18 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalios View Post
I agree, I hate that I have to use it slightly on my flybarred heli...
Old 03-02-2013, 09:35 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: Naza GPS Prob

I cant beleive DJI replied to you.I just setup a flip-fpv with naza (not mine) and in the IMU calibration screen I got a message "IMU working abnormally, please contact Us"...so I did and they immediately replied..."contact dealer for post sales support"...and cant get ahold of dealer.

Anyways...on my quad I had some drift so I recalibrated tx in asistant and it went away. I have heard you can calibrate imu with the drift direction raised a lil to help clean up drift as well.

Sent from my Galaxy SIII with Tapatalk...spelling will be bad
Old 03-02-2013, 09:38 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

It also depends on where the SATs in the sky are, that affect accuracy too. Mine does very well and don't know how can be as close as it usually is. My high end Garmin GPS usually puts position at 9 ft at it's best, and that's using the radio ground stations to augment the Sat signals.

I have noticed same thing too! At first may drift but after up for few minutes and guess aquires more or better satellites it hold much tighter.

Compass needs to be calibrated too!
LARRY2716 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2013, 09:50 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Maybe centering not great on transmitter and needs more dead band around center stick
LARRY2716 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2013, 10:35 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrceo View Post
I cant beleive DJI replied to you.I just setup a flip-fpv with naza (not mine) and in the IMU calibration screen I got a message "IMU working abnormally, please contact Us"...so I did and they immediately replied..."contact dealer for post sales support"...and cant get ahold of dealer.

Anyways...on my quad I had some drift so I recalibrated tx in asistant and it went away. I have heard you can calibrate imu with the drift direction raised a lil to help clean up drift as well.

Sent from my Galaxy SIII with Tapatalk...spelling will be bad
That seems odd... We exchanged emails back and forth until I got it completed.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in