Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > AH-64

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2015, 09:49 PM   #221 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I would think a hard rubber tire would be a lot heavier than a pneumatic tire, and would thus have no place in anything that flies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2016, 08:02 AM   #222 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question, will the LP5DSM transmitter work with the Apache? I'm asumming it won't, it takes at least 6 Ch to fly collective pitch. Just wanted to see if I was missing something.
Bladekeeper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2016, 05:49 AM   #223 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattinfla View Post
With the battery wires shortened a bit, and perhaps the full size servo connector for the motor / esc wiring replaced, this could become mostly painless.

Some pics:
Why can't we permanently glue the wire and the plug to the top of the battery ? Just a thought

Align 500, Blade 130S, Blade AH-64 & Spectrum DX6
Ajith is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2016, 08:05 AM   #224 (permalink)
Registered Users

Four months ago, my Apache disappeared into the undergrowth in a fence line. Lots of poison ivy in there, so no looking too hard for it. Now that the growth is dying off for the winter, I ventured back up there and actually found it. Two cracked main blades and everything else looked OK. It had been rained on many times, so when I plugged in a battery and everything worked, I was amazed.

It is now back in the air and just a hard to fly as it ever was.

Jim
jbewley is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2016, 09:01 AM   #225 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbewley View Post
Four months ago, my Apache disappeared into the undergrowth in a fence line. Lots of poison ivy in there, so no looking too hard for it. Now that the growth is dying off for the winter, I ventured back up there and actually found it. Two cracked main blades and everything else looked OK. It had been rained on many times, so when I plugged in a battery and everything worked, I was amazed.

It is now back in the air and just a hard to fly as it ever was.

Jim
Really? I find the Apache to be VERY easy to fly, at least in stabilized mode. If it has a flaw it would be that in stabilized mode the bank angle is limited to the point that you might not be able to fly in more than a light breeze.

But that is mine. I worked with someone last year at our indoor flying site whose Apache was unflyable due to very odd tail behavior. It was as if the gyro was either intermittent or had a very limited hold range before it let go. It was night and day different to mine. He took it to the shop where he bought it and had someone check it out. They said they could not find anything wrong with it and indeed..... it has flown perfectly ever since. We never figured out what changed.

I have found that larger blades help with tail authority, especially at the end of a battery. My guess is that as the head speed decays and you compensate with more collective, you end up with an inefficient angle of attack on the main blades and the mainshaft torque can overpower the tail rotor causing the tail to swing. I swapped the blades for four 130 blades (balanced in pairs) and I like how it flies. The collective seems a little crisper and it flies well down to the end of a 3 minute flight where on the original blades, the tail and the collective would be getting just a little mushy. I painted them with a light coat of Krylon Fusion "camouflage" black (really like that stuff) and they look great. They are the same length as the originals but have a tad more chord.

I wonder if yours survived the elements because the electronics are pretty well protected inside the body. Especially if it was not exactly upright. Nice that you got it back!

Paul
pgoelz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2016, 05:46 AM   #226 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgoelz View Post
Really? I find the Apache to be VERY easy to fly, at least in stabilized mode. If it has a flaw it would be that in stabilized mode the bank angle is limited to the point that you might not be able to fly in more than a light breeze.

But that is mine. I worked with someone last year at our indoor flying site whose Apache was unflyable due to very odd tail behavior. It was as if the gyro was either intermittent or had a very limited hold range before it let go. It was night and day different to mine. He took it to the shop where he bought it and had someone check it out. They said they could not find anything wrong with it and indeed..... it has flown perfectly ever since. We never figured out what changed.

I have found that larger blades help with tail authority, especially at the end of a battery. My guess is that as the head speed decays and you compensate with more collective, you end up with an inefficient angle of attack on the main blades and the mainshaft torque can overpower the tail rotor causing the tail to swing. I swapped the blades for four 130 blades (balanced in pairs) and I like how it flies. The collective seems a little crisper and it flies well down to the end of a 3 minute flight where on the original blades, the tail and the collective would be getting just a little mushy. I painted them with a light coat of Krylon Fusion "camouflage" black (really like that stuff) and they look great. They are the same length as the originals but have a tad more chord.

I wonder if yours survived the elements because the electronics are pretty well protected inside the body. Especially if it was not exactly upright. Nice that you got it back!

Paul
Thanks. I have some 130 blades and may give that a try.

Jim
jbewley is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2019, 04:54 PM   #227 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just added this "bad boy" to the collection and soon will be giving it my father (huge scale heli-fan) as a New Years eve present.

Can't wait to see this heli fly.

Are there any non-eflite batteries usable for this particular model? If so, please let me know

Grtz
PD

Psycho dad's Youtube Channel
Psycho dad's Instagram
Psycho_dad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2020, 06:05 AM   #228 (permalink)
Registered Users

After approx 1 year of ownership, I just sold the Micro Apache.

It was not HH best flying scale model

Psycho dad's Youtube Channel
Psycho dad's Instagram
Psycho_dad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in