Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > AH-64

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2016, 11:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Help with new Heli

Hello everyone,

Need help with my new Apache !!

Got my new AH-64 and was super happy

Downloaded the model settings from Spectrum website (I use DX6) and did the binding and everything went on smooth.

Did research online regarding the battery fit and carefully inserted the batteries. I removed the battery wraps to make it slim. Inserted the balance lead towards the front gently pushed it in.

The first lift off was fine but the heli flew backwards, could be the trim settings ???

The heli is not very stable.. wanted to do the trim flight but I am afraid I will not be able to do a 30 sec stable hover.

Could this be because of any vibration the AS3X® Flybarless System ? read somewhere because of vibration it might behave erratically .. but he heli doesn’t seem to vibrate !!

I use a Nano CP from Blade and it is damn stable .. so I thought thigh might as well be a stable heli

I fly in an underground car park so no wind issue ..

Any ideas and suggestions will be welcomed

Thx a ton friends ..

Happy Flying

Ajith

Align 500, Blade 130S, Blade AH-64 & Spectrum DX6
Ajith is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2016, 05:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have absolutely no experience with these heli's, but I know there should be no trim on a FBL system, but systems are different from manufacturer to manufacturer.

What does the manual say about trimming?
When you say flew backwards, how much, aggressively or subtle?

I'm assuming it's this one: http://www.horizonhobby.com/product/...64-rtf-blh2500

It's normal for smaller heli's to drift a bit, but if the problem is severe I think you should rather contact Horizon Hobby to help, not sure if anyone else on this forum might be able to help.

Good luck.
Old 07-12-2016, 05:17 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Try creating a new model on your radio and NOT use the downloaded file/settings. To calm it down maybe set a pitch curve of 30-40-50-65-85 after binding. Make sure to hold the throttle/rudder stick full down and right while binding (the whole time until done) to tell the model it's a computer TX.
Hope that helps.
BrokeDad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2016, 12:36 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeForce View Post
I have absolutely no experience with these heli's, but I know there should be no trim on a FBL system, but systems are different from manufacturer to manufacturer.

What does the manual say about trimming?
When you say flew backwards, how much, aggressively or subtle?

I'm assuming it's this one: http://www.horizonhobby.com/product/...64-rtf-blh2500

It's normal for smaller heli's to drift a bit, but if the problem is severe I think you should rather contact Horizon Hobby to help, not sure if anyone else on this forum might be able to help.

Good luck.
Hello,

Thank you very much for taking time to reply.

It is flying fine now .. more stable than before. I deleted the model file from the receiver, reinstated it, and re-binded. Now it flies fine BUT I feel I would need a trim flight in it.

I am having issue in getting into trim flight mode. Have written an e-mail to HH and waiting for their response.

Thx again

Old 07-14-2016, 12:38 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad View Post
Try creating a new model on your radio and NOT use the downloaded file/settings. To calm it down maybe set a pitch curve of 30-40-50-65-85 after binding. Make sure to hold the throttle/rudder stick full down and right while binding (the whole time until done) to tell the model it's a computer TX.
Hope that helps.
Thank you very much for the reply Appreciate it

I will try and go through the settings and play around a bit. As I wrote above, I will also try and do a trim flight.

having issue with getting into trim flight mode so have written to HH and waiting for their response.

Tags
ah64, apache, blade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in