Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Futaba Radios and Electronics > Futaba CGY750 FBL System

Futaba CGY750 FBL System Futaba CGY750 Help and features Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2016, 01:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Well im all in. F3C and general setup questions

Going all in on Futaba. whent from vBar neo to this:

My focus is F3C, and im using a SAB Urukay comp 3 blade heli.

I seen all Nicks videos on how to setup 2.0, but still some question already comes to mind.

1: Head gain. Can i set the gain for ELEV and AIL independent or is the headgain for both?

2: In tail setup, where you setup the "ANG" ( rotation speed ). Can you have different rotation speed under the different fligth modes? Or do you have to adjust that with dualrate in the radio?

3: During setup and "servo type". My Hitec HSB-9360Th is 333Hz servo, should I put in 333 or leave it at stock 285?

4: During swash setup and cyclic rate "SWS rate". I use 3 blade head with 3x 725mm heavy blades. Should I use 10 degrees as stated in the manual for a 800 size, or is it any different for a 3 blade head?
Also as I am going to use one "bank" for hovering that I whant as stable as possible, should I use a lower cyclic pith in this "bank" ? Or use the same and then use another parameter to change the hover "bank" ?

Thats it for now.

Thanks for helping

And sorry for my bad English
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2016, 09:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilfish View Post
1: Head gain. Can i set the gain for ELEV and AIL independent or is the headgain for both? If you stay with the default "3D" mode than no the one head gain value controls both. If you change it to the "F3C" mode than yes. The F3C software as I understand it is basically version 1.4. I would find the instruction manual for that if you want more info on how 1.4 is programed. "3D" mode is good though and flies very nice. There are other settings specific to AIL and ELEV that may work for you in 3D mode.

2: In tail setup, where you setup the "ANG" ( rotation speed ). Can you have different rotation speed under the different fligth modes? Or do you have to adjust that with dualrate in the radio? No only one set up for both modes, might be nice if they add conditions to that on a future version.

3: During setup and "servo type". My Hitec HSB-9360Th is 333Hz servo, should I put in 333 or leave it at stock 285? Unless I am mistaken 285 is the fastest.

4: During swash setup and cyclic rate "SWS rate". I use 3 blade head with 3x 725mm heavy blades. Should I use 10 degrees as stated in the manual for a 800 size, or is it any different for a 3 blade head?
Also as I am going to use one "bank" for hovering that I whant as stable as possible, should I use a lower cyclic pith in this "bank" ? Or use the same and then use another parameter to change the hover "bank" ? I haven't messed with 3 blade setups so cant help you with the SWS rate on that one. In another thread Nick M. suggested not changing the SWS rate for the hover bank but to change the CYC rate and some of the other values to set up a stable hover mode.

Thats it for now.

Thanks for helping

And sorry for my bad English
Hey Devilfish,

No one more knowledgeable has answered so I'll give it a go. See above, good luck. Personally I really like the 750, I would love to hear your thoughts on it after you get a chance to become familiar with it.

Lance
Old 06-12-2016, 12:19 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm setting up the CGY for the first time and want a good F3C setup start point for the Version 2 firmware so hopefully we will get some more knowledgeable guys commenting soon. There is a great post for the earlier firmware for F3C setup and it would be great to see a similar post for v2.

//Dennis.
Thunder Fighter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2016, 04:14 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for helping !

Under gyro menu in the radio, I now see both "rudd" "ail" and "elev", should I just ignore "elev" when I set my cyclic gain?
Old 06-13-2016, 10:18 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilfish View Post
Thanks for helping !

Under gyro menu in the radio, I now see both "rudd" "ail" and "elev", should I just ignore "elev" when I set my cyclic gain?
Yea, you only need one channel to control the gain. On my 14SG it is the AIL gain settings, sounds like it is the same on your 18SZ. I turned the ELEV gain down to zero so i wouldn't forget which is which.

On the home screen of the 750 it shows you what the gain settings are, you can verify you are changing the right one by verifying the change there.
Old 06-13-2016, 11:04 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

thanks
Old 06-16-2016, 07:21 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

More questions:

During swash setup.
My servo horns are 90, swash is leveled. Zero pitch at midstick.
But my max and min pitch differ 1.3 degrees.
I tried to play around with the links, but the error is consistent, always 1.3 degrees error between max/min.

I tried to use the servo end points in the radio with great success.
If I use 109 instead of 100 on the pitch channel for "min" pitch, I get equal pitch numbers.
I then "relearned" the CGY750 in the pitch min/zero/max menu.
Is this a ok way to solve this, or should I go another route?

Thanks
Old 06-17-2016, 07:36 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would have told you to do just that. however, I had this same issue setting mine up. Nick told me to adjust it out with the pitch curve and not the endpoints.

Team KDE Direct, TRM Power, Byron Fuels, MKS Servos
LoveToFly1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2016, 08:25 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hmm ok..
I wounder if that is better to keep the linearity to use the pitchcurve vs endpoints?
Old 06-17-2016, 05:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToFly1 View Post
I would have told you to do just that. however, I had this same issue setting mine up. Nick told me to adjust it out with the pitch curve and not the endpoints.
I would have said the same, what's the difference between the two methods when it gets to the receiver/750. Seams to me the resultant signal would be the same.
Old 06-20-2016, 07:23 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

did som test with this today.

I first used "servo travel" and then "pitch curve" only to set up my pitch curve to be equal at max +-.
And I watched the numbers in the CGY at min/zero/max pitch menu while doing this.
The numbers (uS) is the same at max/min pitch no matter what method I use.
So to me this shows that the CGY dont care what method you use to achive this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in