Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Electric Helicopters > 600 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

600 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 600 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2012, 06:27 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Might need better batteries, I have seen better from the 600 pro.
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2012, 06:30 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

something in your setup maybe

I can do a full collective punch out from a 3 foot hove and my tail never moves and it climbs like crazy

I do run a v-bar and my electronics are run at 6v not 5v but thats no big deal

my cyclics while in bank 2 of my vbar are crazy fast.

maybe i'm just lucky, I run my headspeed at 2350 and have no issues
I do run 96mm SAB tail blades and edge main blades
other than that and my castle pro bec i'm 100% stock

I did put a couble of drops of teflon oil on every gear in my heli and it did help alot with gear drag and vibration
X-8 FPV Wing, TBS Discovery FPV, TBS Caipirinha FPV
satgod is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2012, 07:18 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If you have a charger that can do it (most these days can) check the internal resistance on your batteries.
Mike A. is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2012, 07:55 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I currently have no other bird in the air the moment I have a old logo 600 doing nothing so I may start at that one need a few things.

it could possibly be the lipo . I have always used turnigy nano techs no other brands I have used due to turnigy being very cheap, but i guess you get what you pay for

the tail holds fine in climb out no kick outs what's so ever but the problem is when pushing the tail to far it does tend to loose control . also like I said not very crisp feel to the tail due to the low tail ratio

I will post my set-up of v bar tomorrow to show you all my set-up

it also got me thinking it could be the lipo lacking of power .. I will post my log from esc tomorrow too ( I don't check very often ) I feel a loss of power when doing big air too for example big hurricanes , funnels , and big loops
Gaza-Davies is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2012, 06:20 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

here is my setup for my 600e pro with vbar !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	600e pro.png
Views:	134
Size:	243.8 KB
ID:	330183  
Attached Files
File Type: vbr Vbar setup 600e pro.vbr (5.5 KB, 49 views)
Old 07-09-2012, 09:42 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Turnigy Nanotech are notorious for voltage sag, I have a bunch of their new 65C, better than the previous 45C & lower, but still sag a lot, wich make the motor to bog, this is also why they are easy to puff.

I find the regular blue turnigy (40C) a bit better, but this is still cheap battery and heavier than the Nano.

Internal resistance of all the Turnigy Nanotech I had & the current on I have is in the range of 2 to 6, very few cells at 1.5 to 2 but normally between 4 to 6, first bad thing here is their pack are built with unequal cell resistance.

But I'm not totally convinced that our charger are up to the task to evaluate lipo performance, because I have other brand lipo with similar internal iR and can deliver much more, I can also see it in my log that they sag a lot less.
martin_ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2012, 10:32 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes i noticed this to during flight i would feel a loss of power at end of flight... also if i charge them up they don't tend to keep there charge very long for example I would charge them up on a weekend and will not use till the next couple of days which results in less flight time and less power !

it seems to me that I will need to get some better quality batteries if anyone has any suggestions please share
Old 07-09-2012, 10:53 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have had very good experience with the standard Turnigy packs. I have several sets with 60+ cycles and the ir is still 3-4 per cell, some as low as 2. But at your skill level you could probably see the benefit of some high dollar packs.

Whenever it comes time to replace one of my pairs of batteries I'm going to try out the Thunder Power batteries. The price is high but they support such a high charge rate and come with a 2yr warranty. I think the price may be worth it.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:29 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thunder power are way to expensive for a lipo in my opinion . Don't get me wrong they looks good batteries but at that price i might as well go to glow which I do not want to do. i notice that teraq use those gens ace which is a small price lipo never tried one out , does anyone have experience with Gens Ace
Old 07-09-2012, 11:40 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have one set of the Gens Ace 3300mah 25c Lipo's that are always out of stock. Performance wise I don't see a big difference from the Turnigy 30c batteries (non-Nanotech) or the Sky Lipo 30c packs.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:52 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaza-Davies View Post
also if i charge them up they don't tend to keep there charge very long for example I would charge them up on a weekend and will not use till the next couple of days which results in less flight time and less power !
It's not good for lipos to be stored for any length of time with a full charge. Doing so will shorten their useful life by quite a bit. Ideally you want to charge right before you fly them, or close to it. Otherwise you're much better off leaving them at storage charge.
GT86 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2012, 01:05 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_ View Post
Internal resistance of all the Turnigy Nanotech I had & the current on I have is in the range of 2 to 6, very few cells at 1.5 to 2 but normally between 4 to 6, first bad thing here is their pack are built with unequal cell resistance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike A. View Post
I have had very good experience with the standard Turnigy packs. I have several sets with 60+ cycles and the ir is still 3-4 per cell, some as low as 2. But at your skill level you could probably see the benefit of some high dollar packs.

Whenever it comes time to replace one of my pairs of batteries I'm going to try out the Thunder Power batteries. The price is high but they support such a high charge rate and come with a 2yr warranty. I think the price may be worth it.
My 3300mAh 6S 65C TP Packs with 50 charges on them still have an IR of 2 or less on all cells.
Thunder Power 65C LiPo & JR 12X
350Z_Al is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2012, 02:05 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am on my 3rd FBL system. While I can't explain it, I was never able to get it to fly the way I wanted it with the Vbar or Skookum 720. As a last ditch attempt, I threw on a BeastX I had kicking around, added pitch boost, dialed it in and it flies better than it ever has.
fastflyer20 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2012, 10:35 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

so im guessing the only solution to my problem would be to get expensive brand of lipos £110.99 http://www.fast-lad.co.uk/store/thun...5-p-13989.html

that is silly price !.

and i have used 3 different fbl systems ( vbar,beastx,GT5) vbar all the way ! expensive but unbeatable !
Old 07-10-2012, 10:44 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
so im guessing the only solution to my problem would be to get expensive brand of lipos
Well...I don't know about that. Check out this video, he is using Turnigy 30c 3300mah lipos. Seems to have good power.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EikpepRtAs&feature=g-user-u[/ame]
Old 07-10-2012, 10:55 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

thats crazy he has way more power than i have ...

are those standard turnigy ?

also i just connect my castle 80 to pc i have the graph right here if anyone want to check it out.

my max headspeed is [ 2724]

avg headspeed [1182] is it me or that just seem wrong

dropping from 2724 to 1182 that's alot man !
Attached Files
File Type: zip 600e flights.zip (36.1 KB, 45 views)
Old 07-10-2012, 11:12 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by 350Z_Al View Post
My 3300mAh 6S 65C TP Packs with 50 charges on them still have an IR of 2 or less on all cells.
65c would need a IR reading of less than .5 per cell. 2mohm per cell on a 3300 6s is closer to 30c. Maybe I will stick with a $100 pair of batteries instead of a $300 pair.

Quote:
thats crazy he has way more power than i have ...

are those standard turnigy ?
Yes, standard blue Turnigy. If I remember right from one of our exchanges a while back he runs set RPM governor mode at 2500rpm.

If your charger can measure IR that will probably reveal your problem.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:16 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

is it possible to run at 2500rpm in gov mode ? as there not much gap for the gov to work correctly , of course you can run it at 2500 in gov mode but the question is does it hold it at that head speed ?
Old 07-10-2012, 11:36 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The closer you get to the flat curve head speeds with a gov the more it acts just like if you were using flat curves.

Setting at 2500HS will give you only a tiny bit of leftover throttle for power needs, so the motor will still probably bog in the same spots a flat curve setup would.

Mike Dipalo--Synergy RC, MKS Electronics
Commodore8888 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2012, 11:52 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike A. View Post
65c would need a IR reading of less than .5 per cell. 2mohm per cell on a 3300 6s is closer to 30c. Maybe I will stick with a $100 pair of batteries instead of a $300 pair.
Cell IR isn't the only meaningful quality in a good pack.

How is a $100 pair that will only last you 60 charges better than a $300 pair that will remain consistent and last you a few hundred charges?

I haven`t finished reading these yet, but they are worth a read so far, lots of good information in them on cell IR:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1323465
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1392662

This was the first time I ever checked cell IR on any of my packs (new charger), so I'm not sure if I was doing it right. My charger does not show decimal places either, so I'm wondering about it's accuracy due to lack of precision now. I'll have to play with my charger more and figure it all out.

Anyways, let's keep this on topic and try to solve his problems... The battery debate can happen in a specific battery debate thread somewhere else.
Thunder Power 65C LiPo & JR 12X
350Z_Al is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in