Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > ELY.Q - Vision 90

ELY.Q - Vision 90 ELY.Q Vision 90 Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2011, 11:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Ely -Q 90 the good and the bad

im thinking about getting this bird here soon in the FBL. looking to find out what you guys think of this bird. please let me know the good the bad. anything and every thing you can tell me about the way it flys to the build of the heli thank you for your time...
raptor60flyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2011, 12:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Old 04-27-2011, 04:11 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'd like to know to, have a second hand opportunity but I'm a bit put off by the quietness of this forum. Is it that nobody owns one or there is zero problem with it?
HeliBenj is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2011, 11:07 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Same here the price is great but why
AMA#914306
JohnDoe. is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2011, 02:55 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The heli is good but there is not much said about it because another forum kinda got the ball rolling first and so is a little more popular for this particular model due to more info being shared there!
what do you want to know about the Vision 90? I can't answer any questions about the flybar version as I have not built one!
The heli is light (a little less than a TRex) and the frame assembly is very stiff and robust. The build is quite simple but the manual is vague in some areas and there are a few things you should do in a specific order that is not mentioned. for example installing the elevator servo before fitting the second half of the frame if you are using the bellcrank arrangement. It can be done after but is a bit of a Chinese puzzle!
I think IMO the quality and design is an improvement on the 50 but each time I replace a part on my 50 it has been improved in some way shape or form so if there is a problem with the 90 (I have not found one yet) and Emails start rolling in to Ely.Q then it will be sorted out quick smart!
Two addendum packs have been distributed to wholesalers, one is a few bolts in various places and the other is a one way shaft! the bolts are either longer or shorter for either strength or clearance depending on where they go. The one way shaft is a slightly larger diameter for a more precise fit in the torrington bearing!
In the air the heli feels very nice, lite, agile and responsive with solid tail performance but takes a half dozen or so flights to feel smooth and fluid due to it's very hard head dampening!
The one issue with such a stiff and light frame assembly is that any vibrations in the primary driveline will be transfered down the boom so balancing the fan, getting the correct engine to start shaft alignment and gear mesh are esentual!

Roll on the weekend, I can't wait to fly it again!
Alex
Ely.Q Vision 50
NitroAl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2011, 04:16 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 3 to 4 build issues

Hello Alex,

Have a buddy, that thinks about buying a Vision90 FBL-edition. For this purpose started to read about the subject and found your post

Always like, when people unbiased report pro's and con's about a helicopter. After reading in the other forum (the one people sometimes almost killing each-other), read about someone mentionning 3 to 4 issues to be known, when building this machine as well as some tricks, how to overcome this points.

You already stated the issue with the elevator-servo, do you know further points, the refer to ? Read a while in the other forum, but did not find out easely, what the 3 to 4 issues are.

Thank you very much for your response - I appreciate,
Best Regards,

Oliver
Raptor30_V1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2011, 05:38 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hello Oliver

LOL @ the RR sloughterfest.
I am a little biased but I don't see any point in trying to cover up any issues when Ely.Q are onto them as soon as they know! I have yet to own a heli that didn't have a little flaw or two, even the raptors and I still love them!
There was a few kits in the first batch that were supplied with a bellcrank spindle that was too short but apart from that I dont know of any other problems.
here is a handy pdf I found http://www.elyq.com/pdf/vision90comp...ricks_v90c.pdf that can make life a little easier when building either the 50 or 90.

Alex
Ely.Q Vision 50
NitroAl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2011, 02:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Thanks - I'm indebted

Hello Alex,

What shall I say ? Quick and dirty response and exactly to the point .. many many thanks

Buddy of mine first thought about buying an Outrage Velocity-90, but after reading on this *issue* and having some guy on our FF flying one (shall I say crashing it frequently?), he definetly favors the idea to go with the Vision-90.

As maybe it will be myself to assemble his Vision-90 FBL, I'm naturally interested in knowing as much as possible from experienced people that already have some expertise about this model. All I can promise is, if I find some things or have some procedures making life easier, I would share it with you guys and try to give back, what you guys already shared with me

Best Regards - many thanks, I appreciate,
Oliver
Raptor30_V1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2011, 04:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I own 2 ely q 90's fly barred and fbl. The kits are great for the price I would say equal to if not better and beefier than align. Like all kits there are a few very small build issues but nothing big. There are some pilot build tip on the ely q website. This heli has some very nice design thoughts put into it. It's one of the lightest feeling 90's on the market.. I woudnt hesitate to buy another kit myself well worth the money IMO... Hope this helps feel free to contact me if you guys have any more question....Call me direct 502 802 8690 no problem!!!!

Last edited by helinewby; 05-03-2011 at 05:44 PM..
helinewby is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in