Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2010, 08:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default FALSE DMCA Complaints from **************?

Will,
Tried to post this in the sticky but it's obviously a closed thread. What can we do to help other than avoiding this guys website and complaining to vendors who advertise on his site?
Thanks,
Rick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2010, 08:43 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrick69 View Post
Will,
Tried to post this in the sticky but it's obviously a closed thread. What can we do to help other than avoiding this guys website and complaining to vendors who advertise on his site?
Thanks,
Rick
Good question,after I read that sticky about Derrick Threatt I was infuriated about what that jerk did.He even had the balls to accuse Will of only caring about making a dollar off HF.That is all Derrick Threatt is doing on his site is making a dollar!It really disappointed me when I seen that readyheli is an advertiser on his ``make a dollar site``
Old 03-17-2010, 05:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Could help him raise legal fund money maybe.

This forum wasn't designed to make money

RCHR was (billions of ads, adsense everywhere, etc..it's a business).
Blade 130X
drdispatch is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2010, 06:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

There are penalties for false DMCA take down notices? Did somebody report it?

I agree that site is getting slower and slower because of all the ads that load.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I never heard about Derrick's site until I heard the hubub here. Perhaps it's best to let it go...
TRex 250SE | Scorp 3900kv | Phoenix 25 | Quark/3500G | 3xHS65KB
smccrory is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2010, 07:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It's not outside the realm of possibility that Derrick's DMCA filings could irritate Will's ISP to the point of them terminating service.

Meaning HF could go bye bye.

It is illegal to file a DMCA complaint when you're not the copyright holder. Pretty sure that's Perjury; and the line you sign on the complaint mentions that you swear, under penalty of perjury, the complaint is true.
Blade 130X
drdispatch is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2010, 07:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdispatch View Post
It is illegal to file a DMCA complaint when you're not the copyright holder. Pretty sure that's Perjury; and the line you sign on the complaint mentions that you swear, under penalty of perjury, the complaint is true.
Yep, it's perjury. The false claims against Will are strictly civil in nature; perjury is a criminal felony.

I second the motion to start a legal fund.
Graupner MZ-32

Experience is something you gain only after you need it.
I wouldn't mind social media so much if it didn't involve people.
TheBum is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2010, 08:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default $$$$

This is by far the best heli site. What will I do all night at work if helifreak goes away???
Will......where do I send the paypal?
bkc77 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2010, 09:16 PM   #9 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

God please... hold me back from going off again.... I wish I had my camera rolling the day at LA3D Derrick walked up to me specifically to tell me he was quitting his real job to focus on RCHR 100%. Why did he need to tell me that? A threat?
So he goes from 100K job a year or whatever to working on his site and what does he do to get income? Screw over other sites to do it!

Look you all are learning the truth... Do what you think is right. You all know what I do for the hobby and I know a lot of you do as well... THAT is why your helifreakers and to this day answer the same questions over and over or help n00bs all the time! Community and sharing are keys to success not any kind of ramped up cut to hell videos with adds all over the place....

Again.... show your TRUST and support in the way you know works!

Bob
Finless is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2010, 09:21 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just want to know the guy's name given at birth.

...I mean, really-Threatt?
Maxists The Baddist is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2010, 09:38 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdispatch View Post
It's not outside the realm of possibility that Derrick's DMCA filings could irritate Will's ISP to the point of them terminating service.

Meaning HF could go bye bye..
that isn't correct. Web hosting companies are aware that the DMCA take down requests are frequently used to harass, and are not silly enough to jump to conclusions and pull plugs.

In the end most legal threats are just posturing. I've run a popular site now for 10 years, one with forums that get postings that upset small businesses. We get threats every few months and have for years! 90% of them come to nothing, and the other 10% vanish when a law firm somewhere (usually florida!) gets (from our lawyer) a straight-forward request for more information to support their "claim".

It doesn't cost that much relative to even modest ad income to have a lawyer with dot-com expertise ready to send out these kinds of initial replies that shows that while you are prepared to respond correctly and act on any legit claims, you don't bend over for anyone.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:43 PM   #12 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Maybe in Sydney but I can tell you that Will's ISP was not happy about the complaints and gave him a cold shoulder and no help! In fact if the DMCA complaints are not responded to ASAP they will shut him down and force him to move to another ISP. COSTLY....... It does cost them Labor to manage these complaints.... Maybe some ISPs handle this differently I dunno... Only I do know it has been a problem for him so far.

Bob
Old 03-17-2010, 10:04 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

mate, my site is in new york, hosted at nac.net .. since 1990 ! all the legal hassles are 100% USA.

(australia would be worse, they are terrified of libel here).

honestly if they (theplanet) are screwing him around, he should find a better hosting company, one that runs a lot of community sites and knows the difference between a hot bed of pirate activity and a legit community. In particular, one that is not grown so large that it forgot how to know its customer..

edit: and yeah I realize a move sucks. But you could fit all of helifreak, front & back, on a single box.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:09 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless View Post
God please... hold me back from going off again.... I wish I had my camera rolling the day at LA3D Derrick walked up to me specifically to tell me he was quitting his real job to focus on RCHR 100%. Why did he need to tell me that? A threat?
So he goes from 100K job a year or whatever to working on his site and what does he do to get income? Screw over other sites to do it!

Look you all are learning the truth... Do what you think is right. You all know what I do for the hobby and I know a lot of you do as well... THAT is why your helifreakers and to this day answer the same questions over and over or help n00bs all the time! Community and sharing are keys to success not any kind of ramped up cut to hell videos with adds all over the place....

Again.... show your TRUST and support in the way you know works!

Bob
+1 bob, i thnk the best thing we can do is to not visit his site at all which overtime will decrease his ad revenues...less traffic = less advertisements
Blade~400~er is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2010, 10:10 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default i dont get it ....?

i dont get it...
why RCHR does not get DMCA complaints if some of the news i read there are form www.rcmania.hk/ pleace that i read after using google translator....
i do open every day runryder page...and rchr and for shure helifreak .....also i pay for bert and boby videos...(that say i do not have words for bob finless and allll his freee work on his videos)
each site i like it for one reason ...and its a little distubing to get to know all this problems after i see some videos like the last vegas fun fly ...with all this guys in one please ...
i was sad cause i live in argentina its 15.0000 kilometers from the states ..and cant share a gadering like vegas fun fly ......but looks like its not all good news arround there.....

ps. i still think mark ryder needs a steadicam workshop....for shure...
ps.2 bob finless make a video interview of your self...
carpo is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2010, 10:12 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless View Post
Maybe in Sydney but I can tell you that Will's ISP was not happy about the complaints and gave him a cold shoulder and no help! In fact if the DMCA complaints are not responded to ASAP they will shut him down and force him to move to another ISP. COSTLY....... It does cost them Labor to manage these complaints.... Maybe some ISPs handle this differently I dunno... Only I do know it has been a problem for him so far.

Bob
that sux, they must employ the "clean hands" technique....maybe Will would be better off with an ISP that actually had some sort of legal staff. I know you said it is costly but I for one would have no problem donating some money in order to make all of our lives easier. an im sure i wouldnt be alone
Blade~400~er is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2010, 10:25 PM   #17 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

So you understand the "deal" it was not until Will added the link at the top menu bar called "news" that this became an issue. RCHR is a heli news site not a forum right?

OK Will added the NEWS section or Blog and that was direct competition with RCHR. It was slow at first then some really GOOD helifreakers decided to pay back and helped post news articles in the news blog.... BAM that's when the DMCA complaints started rolling in! Seem someone doesn't like competition on the same level ground and decided to purger himself to win! Yep folks just plain BS, lies, and purgery because of fear of competition....

So once this happened and Will had to delete the content, the great people that were posting for FREE in the news section for you all to enjoy, stopped... They had no choice... Derrick won... YOU ALL lost.... BS....

One of the DMCA complaints was directly against a post I personally made myself and got the content ENTIRELY from here on Helifreak. The Helidirect Yellow frames. Helidirect posted it HERE first not anywhere else and certainly not on RCHR. I took the post from the forum they posted here on Helifreak and reposted it in the news... Yep you got it... DMCA copyright complaint... Will also has the direct permission and documentation direct from Helidirect proving it was a false complaint.

Honestly.... I know this is going to come to a head at some point. Will could use a IP lawyer possibly to help out. Any takers for some probono work to help this site that has helped so many?

Bob
Old 03-17-2010, 10:35 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default well here its my dmca rule breaking

so here its a photo of alan new 700e hi post it on his facebook ...i bring it here ...any way
by rules of facebook that picture belongs to facebook any way ...thanks alan for give us a sneek peek...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	alan700e.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	145821  
carpo is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2010, 10:55 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Actually, it's a temporary ownership by FB. If Alan ever moves it off of there, it ceases to be FB content and returns to the original owner of the IP.

Bringing people out of Radio Shack and into the hobby.

μολὼν λαβέ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ClayK is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2010, 10:59 PM   #20 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClayK View Post
Actually, it's a temporary ownership by FB. If Alan ever moves it off of there, it ceases to be FB content and returns to the original owner of the IP.
Yeah, I remember the big stink when FB tried to claim unlimited ownership. The Terms of Service changed pretty quickly after that.
Graupner MZ-32

Experience is something you gain only after you need it.
I wouldn't mind social media so much if it didn't involve people.
TheBum is offline        Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in