Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > 4G6 / V120 Series

4G6 / V120 Series Walkera 4G6 / V120 Series Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2014, 07:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default v120d02s bobbing

hello all,
I'm Noticing alot of bobbing up an down, kind of hard to keep altitude and i'm a total newb with CP helicopters, anyone have any ideas as to what mabe causing this, i read one post that mentioned to check the collar to ensure it wa tight "which i did, and it's tight with no play", any other ideas ?
bagofsoup is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2014, 04:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

make sure that the is nothing touching the receiver.... is really sensitive to vibes, also check you servo movement.... make sure there is no notchy/jumpy spots....
Old 01-03-2014, 05:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Thanks.

Hey thanks for the info, i checked the Rx, nothing is touching it, although it's close to the servo, but this thing is tight for space anyway, also it has double stick foam tape which is holding it in place. swash is level, blades are tracking, the coller is snug and there is no play in the main shaft, there is no server binding, or twitching.. it just seems to bob up and down in a hover. is it normal?

It just seems that when im in a stable hover, it loses altitude, then i have to increase the collective, then correct it again, to get back at the same altitude. if i hover it steady in one place it is noticable, I'm a total CP noob, been learning from the people on these forums through trial and error. i use Normal for spool up, i hover in IDLE1 throttle is 80%-100%, IDLE2 throttle 95%-100%, im not an expert but from what i was reading i think the headspead should be fine.

Any thoughts ?
Old 01-04-2014, 12:06 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

that definitely doesn't sound right.... once you're in a stable hover, the v120 should stay rock solid if everything is right. Have you tried using a flat throttle curve in idle up? say about 85% ? that way you are only rely on blade pitch to gain of decrease altitude, rather than both blade pitch and throttle.... also.... you said you're a bit of a noob..(i still consider myself one, and been flying for well over a year!) are you running any expo on collective and cyclic? if not, that might be your problem... even tiny movements can send these things flying... you might be moving your collective without even noticing! a bit of expo could help soften that out a bit....
all that being said... they are just ideas.
the 2 times i've had "bobbing" first time it was the collar, second time it was the front servo, the servo took a looong time to figure it out... i checked it about 3 times using movement from collective and cyclic before a finally pulled the servo apart and found a broken tooth, fixed it, problem solved!
i hope some of this helps!
also... if you haven't already, checkout finless bobs setup videos in the tech section on here! they're awesome!
Old 01-04-2014, 07:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Check the head dampers and reseat all the connections.
Synergy E5, Gaui X5 FES, Mikado Logo 400 (sold), WK V400D02, Genius CP, CB100, 4#6, HBFPV2 and a few shelf Queens and Quad's.
Land; HPI Vorza, E Firestorm/Castle SCT 3800, Ansmann Mad Rat/Fusion race 10.5T.... Team OoPlE.
MiXiN is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2014, 08:59 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Lightbulb Thanks

Hey Thanks for your input, unfortunatly i thought it would be a good idea to fly after a few cocktails "bad idea" i ended up breaking the gear which drives the tail gear which is located under the main gear as well as a tail blade, i fixed the gear but still waiting on my tail blades, i will try all of your suggestions when my bird is back in action.

Thanks,
Old 01-14-2014, 06:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Solution

Thanks for all the information, i just got my tail blades in and after flashing my Devo8s with Deviation i put this little bird back in the air, while i was holding the heli i noticed that there was play between the collar, which apparently when i first checked i didnt push the main gear up, so i just assumed that there was no play, so after snugging the collar down to remove the play, this bird flies like a Champ..... amazing how a little bit of play affects these helicopters..

Thanks for all of your help....
Old 05-12-2014, 03:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagofsoup View Post
Thanks for all the information, i just got my tail blades in and after flashing my Devo8s with Deviation i put this little bird back in the air, while i was holding the heli i noticed that there was play between the collar, which apparently when i first checked i didnt push the main gear up, so i just assumed that there was no play, so after snugging the collar down to remove the play, this bird flies like a Champ..... amazing how a little bit of play affects these helicopters..

Thanks for all of your help....
I have this error in my new heli to, when in hoover it changes hight with almost 1m up and down.

Im not so good in english, could you please describe for me what the collar is?

Best regards!
Bollis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2014, 09:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

it's located on the main rotor shaft below the swashplate. when you push the main spur gear up, make sure there is no gap between the metal circular object and the main plastic frame.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140513_095946.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	508671  
fishcake is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2014, 10:46 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default v120d02s bobbing

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishcake View Post
it's located on the main rotor shaft below the swashplate. when you push the main spur gear up, make sure there is no gap between the metal circular object and the main plastic frame.

Thanks! Now its workingagain.
Bollis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in