Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Miniature Aircraft Helicopters > MA Electric

MA Electric IonX2, Razor and Furion Support forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2010, 09:19 PM   #201 (permalink)
NERD

Just got my Mikado arms, and I like them. By the mold texture, feel, and when I scrape one with and x-acto knife, it appears to be a glass filled nylon or similar quality. Very strong, very simple.

EDIT: Just fitted them all on, and they fit great.

Last edited by Thrasymedes; 11-05-2010 at 11:40 PM..
Thrasymedes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2010, 09:36 AM   #202 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I bet Mikado made those arms using the same tech as they use to make their frames which I believe is carbon fiber reinforced plastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by epc2 View Post
Anybody knows the pitch range on the marks built into the blade Grips??

Thanks,

epc2.
So, I wasn't seeing things when I asked about that months ago.
prototype3a is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2010, 02:22 PM   #203 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by epc2 View Post
Anybody knows the pitch range on the marks built into the blade Grips??

Thanks,

epc2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype3a View Post
So, I wasn't seeing things when I asked about that months ago.
No you weren't seeing things!

Here is a close up shot, they are surprisingly hard to get a decent photo of..

A nice thought, but I really don't think they are accurate enough to set your pitch with. Having checked, the graduations give you around 4 deg for each one.
dauste is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2010, 05:42 PM   #204 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is it normal for white shaving on the first few flights? I assume the gears need to mesh together.

I have a very slight amount of backlash and it doesn't seem to be any different since the first flight.
fenwayrick is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2010, 02:18 AM   #205 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just the gears wearing in, nothing to worry about unless you start seeing whole teeth strewn about!

I did notice on my gears that there were some small bits of material at the ends of some of the tooth channels that had not been machined out. I cut it out with an x-acto rather than let the pinion cut it out in use. If you had this on yours, that would explain the shavings you've found.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:29 AM   #206 (permalink)
Registered Users

just a random minor question for you 6 owners. With the small O.D. boom, do you guys hear the belt slapping or rubbing? I had a Furion 450 and could never get the belt to stop slapping the boom no matter how tight I set the belt. Also had the same issue with my Lepton and Logo500. It's not a real big issue, but more of a pet peeve of mine. Also I guess it would reduce static buildup if there is less belt/boom contact.
djames is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2010, 07:29 AM   #207 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not had a problem with mine even with the belt tensioned loose, used to get it on my logo 500se but that had a smaller diameter boom
chilau is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2010, 10:09 AM   #208 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by djames View Post
just a random minor question for you 6 owners. With the small O.D. boom, do you guys hear the belt slapping or rubbing? I had a Furion 450 and could never get the belt to stop slapping the boom no matter how tight I set the belt. Also had the same issue with my Lepton and Logo500. It's not a real big issue, but more of a pet peeve of mine. Also I guess it would reduce static buildup if there is less belt/boom contact.
The Furion 6 doesn't use a small O.D. boom, it's 22mm which is a farily common size. FWIW, I have never heard my Furion 6 belt slap.
Old 11-10-2010, 11:58 AM   #209 (permalink)
Registered Users

I run the Align 700MX (510kv) motor so I never heard belt slapping, if any.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:47 PM   #210 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgjames111 View Post
The Furion 6 doesn't use a small O.D. boom, it's 22mm which is a farily common size. FWIW, I have never heard my Furion 6 belt slap.

Well, I was kind of comparing it to my Logo600 which uses 25mm,,,, but anyway, that's good to hear that it doesn't slap with the 22mm boom. I really like this heli and may try one.
djames is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2010, 01:57 AM   #211 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great information guys!
Old 11-11-2010, 02:46 PM   #212 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ok I am reaching out. I just attempted my maiden flight on the Fury 6 FBL and before I even got the mains up to speed the heli shakes like mad. The mains are balanced and I followed the build directions to the "T" during assembly, right down to the custom servo horns. It appears the heli shakes forward to backward rather than side to side. The shakes are so bad the heli skips around on the skids. I plan on double checking the belt for a twist and the main hub to be sure it is torque level since the main gear does have a visual wobble but other than that I have never had a new heli give me such a vigorous shake at ¼ throttle. I never even bothered to attempt a hover.

I have my normal TC set linear (0-100) and PC set to 35-42.5-50-75-100 since I see no need for negative pitch in normal flight. Which means my mains are not swinging at -13 pitch at initial startup. More like -4.
IU1 85 flat and IU2 95 flat both with linear PC.

Any suggestions?
Trex 600 ESP FBL - Beastx
adroc3905 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2010, 03:00 PM   #213 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Which FBL-stab unit do you have?
Old 11-11-2010, 05:44 PM   #214 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had the same problem with mine and put a set of fbl blades on. I also spool up and go right to mid stick, or 0 pitch. It still shakes a tad but seems to be getting better with each flight.
fenwayrick is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2010, 06:40 PM   #215 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mine shakes on spool up, as soon as you get it in the air it is very smooth though.
chilau is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2010, 09:08 PM   #216 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I am using the beastx with Edge FBL blades. My trex 600 shakes at spool up but not nearly this bad. Seriously it looks like the heli is going to shake itself apart. Something has to be mechanically causing this.

Sent from my DROIDX
Old 11-11-2010, 09:18 PM   #217 (permalink)
Registered Users

I committed the dumbest mistake and this "shake likes madness" occurred when I spool my heli up at less then 1/4 stick. I'd the linkages from the swash to the blade grip at two different lenghts. This happened on my T-Rex 600N.

After setting the head, I don't remember why I removed the links. However, when I re-installed the links, I accident took the link for the T-Rex 550 (about 1/4 inch shorter) and installed it in the 600N. She shook likes a mad woman with scorn!

My suggestion, go over the linkages to make sure the blades are zero pitch at mid-stick and have the same pitch throughout the range of travel, plus and minus.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:04 PM   #218 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

This is my first FBL setup. Is it true that to get zero at midstick the mains should parallel with the boom and level to one another when folded back?

Maybe the pitch length is my problem. I have to check that. I setup the beastx using a 4 part vid on youtube. It seemed pretty handy to me.

Sent from my DROIDX
Old 11-12-2010, 01:40 AM   #219 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by adroc3905 View Post
This is my first FBL setup. Is it true that to get zero at midstick the mains should parallel with the boom and level to one another when folded back?
That is correct and is much more accurate than a pitch gauge. The blades can be off to any side though as the pitch should be constant in all positions. Make sure swash to blade grip links are the same length.

Once you've checked that, I'd take the blades off, disconnect the tail rod link and spool up on the bench. May be easier to see if you have some other mechanical issue then.

If I unmesh my motor and spin the main gear by hand, there is zero wobble, so I'd have a look at that also. I hope you get it sorted!

Last edited by dauste; 11-12-2010 at 04:03 AM..
Old 11-12-2010, 08:21 AM   #220 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

adroc3905 after you are done checking your linkages and blade pitch try spooling it up at mid stick. Even though you have -4 it may be enough to make it wobble. I always put mine in idle2 with the hold on get it to mid stick and drop the hold. I do get a wobble sometimes but it quickly goes away. Usually from the main blades not being straight out from the grips.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in