Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > For Sale Forums – KNOW your buyer/seller ratings! No Price bashing. NO FIREARMS > Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts

Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts Post your theft, scammed, ripped off reports here

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2005, 08:31 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well , Did ya get it back?
The suspense is killing me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2005, 06:29 AM   #42 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Yea good question??? Have you heard anything from David Rodney? Did the looser who ripped you off have the nuts to go back and try to pick it up from David's yet? I het he won't since David is going to get a copy of his drivers license before he releases it to him just to CYA himself.
Old 10-26-2005, 06:39 AM   #43 (permalink)

I may be crazy, but the hobby shop owner knows it's stolen merchandise, the cops have been called. Why isn't this heli back in the hands of Rodney?

Right is right and Wrong is wrong..... let's help Rodney get his heli back.
Hotshot Charlie is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2005, 09:12 AM   #44 (permalink)

My HF Map location

If I am not mistaken. Rodney went to the shop that has the heli when he was at the Blacksheep event. I don't remember exactly what Rodney said about the deal. But basically I don't think the shop owner can turn the heli directly over to Rodney. As Will mentioned. The shop owner was waiting for the guy to come back in and pick up the heli. Then he was going to get a copy of his driver licenses. Rodney is frustrated and wants the heli back, but I think he has done all he can do right now.

David
DavidH is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2005, 06:59 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

No I havent even tried yet. I talked to David, shop owner, whlie I was at BS.
He said he would give me acall if anything new came up with it. That has been a while. But Im sure he will do all he can do for me.
Lithuim Ion Dual Pack For Radikal
Rodney is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2005, 09:17 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You need to keep up with the cops on this.
I had a case many years ago where another person and I were claiming ownership of an item.
The cops took it into their position till it could be resolved.
When I called the cops 2 months later to check on the status, I was told that since the cops could not determine positive ownership, the item was sold at police auction and the proceeds went into the police general fund.
Neither the other person nor I ever saw a penny of the value.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:35 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Rodney I am the Chief of Police in a small town here in SC. PM and we can exchange phone numbers and you could give me some information and we will try and find this guy and see what options you have as far as 1. getting the product or 2. PUT HIS A#$ IN JAIL.

*****Do the Crime Do the Time is my motto.
ChiefWilson is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2005, 05:35 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got your number will call as soon as I can.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:04 AM   #49 (permalink)

I've just recently found this forum, and as an avid aviation enthusiast, I love it. A small intro...I am a 30 year law enforcement pro and currently a Sgt with a Texas police department. Bona fidis aside, I have a few suggestions that might help in situations like these. Ownership of a disputed item can be touchy. Like most "stolen" items, if you can show ownership without a doubt, it helps alot. Like car stereo equipment (or anything else of value) we suggest marking the object with your driver's license (state and number) in a not-too-accessable area (like inside a frame member not easily seen). An acid pen works well for this...kinda like VIN etching on your car. When it comes to juridictional problems...a whole new problem. In this case, who prosecutes? SC where the item was recovered or FL where the original case was filed? Federal can step in, but you have to understand that it has to be a pretty tall case before they will go to the time and expense of accually prosecuting this guy. Know who you are dealing with. If somebody doesn't want to tell you who they are and where they are including multiple ways (verifiable) they can be contacted...walk. I don't suggest using a go-between because they supply their own set of problems and roadblocks. Send items "return receipt requested". You get a signed receipt that the item made it there and who picked it up as well as when. I'm not sure about FL, but here in TX we accept a "handshake agreement" as a bona fide contract. Lastly, I saw a posting where an item was sold by a PD at auction after ownership could not be established. Doesn't happen here in TX. Abandoned property is property without ownership, not property where ownership is disputed. A PD is liable for the security and condition of ALL property they recover and cannot be disposed of until a prosecutor signs off on the paperwork. Guess who then becomes liable if the release of the property was in error? You got it...the prosecutor...and they hate paying for anything. Hope this helps some....I'm available if I can help in anyway.
Folkwulfe is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2005, 08:32 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well just got some very sad news. I heard that Charles Jackson and his wife past away this past week. Due to carbonmonoxide poisioning. Can anyone get me any info to confirm this. Name and home address. Maybe form newspaper.
Old 12-19-2005, 09:02 PM   #51 (permalink)

Not sure if this is 'The' Charles Jackson or not. Did a local search;
http://greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbc...73229979260822
Obituary: http://news.greenvilleonline.com/obi...ttext&id=88667
WayneBrown is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2005, 09:32 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

It seems it will be soon enough if the Freaks have any say in the matter..... :twisted:

Awsome job guys, keep at it, Hold him accountable. Can't wait to hear Rodney got his heli back.

-eSmith.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:38 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

hate to know the guy died but that sux... better get moving quick as im sure they'll sell everything he had for funeral expenses and any other outstanding debt he had......
Old 12-20-2005, 05:43 AM   #54 (permalink)

In the event that is him, I'll be going through the area this weekend.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:53 PM   #55 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Rodney,
Does the hobby shop still have the heli? If it does I would imagine this is going to create another problem now with the person that brought it to the shop now dead. Because there would be no one that could tell the owner of the shop to release the heli to you.
Sorry to hear about anyone's death. But even with him dying, I wouldn't think it would be any easier to get the heli back.
Hope it all works out for you, I know you have worked hard trying to get the heli back that was stolen from you.
David
DavidH is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2005, 05:25 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yea I agree David. I dont think I will ever see it again.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:14 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

News flash!

Not the same guy.

Charles worked for Metromont Materials and was not that old. Sorry for the false alarm.

Later,

Toxic Racing Motors
IRCHA #1716
bigrcr is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2005, 06:17 PM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrcr
Charles worked for Metromont Materials Later,
Worked, or still works for? Which division? harrassment can be useful.
Old 07-11-2006, 12:23 PM   #59 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

I know this is an old thread but after reading it now I am curious. Did you ever get the heli back? What happened?

Bob
Finless is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2006, 01:31 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I just got off the phone with Rodney (looking for a crown gear) and he happened to mention that he will be picking this helicopter up shortly from the hobby shop.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in