Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Mikado V-BAR

Mikado V-BAR Mikado V-Stabi/V-BAR Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2013, 12:08 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yeah I think it is the same as on the disc but newest version on line. I dont have a disc but that is what taosgraveyard told me. You just need an unzip program, should be on Windows 7 already, can you just click on it and select unzip or extract files or whatever it says?
trippledigitss is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2013, 12:09 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

That Mel dude was really helpful, he replied to me pretty quick and gave me some guidance, maybe send him message or something?
Old 04-03-2013, 10:13 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Do you know the name of an unzip program that might come standard on a pc? I have windows 7 home basic. Weird part is I had no trouble with my 5.2.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:15 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hella frustrating not being gopd with computers lol.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:57 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj660raptor View Post
Do you know the name of an unzip program that might come standard on a pc? I have windows 7 home basic. Weird part is I had no trouble with my 5.2.
I dont know what version of Windows 7 I have (it worked on my XP machine too)but I just clicked on the file and hit 'extract files' and the rest, as they say, is history. As a wise man once told me, "google is your friend padawan" (ok, he didnt say padawan) Google "free zip file utility"or something like that and see if you come up with anything.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:59 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The one on my XP computer is called WinZip 11.2
Old 04-29-2013, 05:07 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMel View Post
RX pack, yes.

Check the sticky threads for my videos, they should cover most of what you need.
Hello sir - just wanted to come back and say thank you for your help on this thread and especially for all of your videos! Priceless info on those for sure! When I had first posted with my frustration about connecting the vbar I was clueless and no idea what I was doing. (still really dont) But with your videos and help from others, namely taosgraveyard, I have learned so much about my vbar and YGE controller, gov etc. I still have so much to learn but I think I have them setup well enough to fly - we'll see very shortly! I still need to find someone willing to look over my settings and double check them before I maiden my Goblin 630.

But I was a completely green noob in every sense of the meaning, never had built or setup a heli & electronic system and with your videos I was able to figure it out & learn. THANK YOU!
Old 09-09-2013, 12:13 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

why do we have to go through so much bs to load a program ? I have a helicommand fbl unit in another heli , and it loads perfect the first time , like others ive already spent hours trying to get this to work , should be insert disk and go ........
Dennis Everett is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2014, 07:15 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up

Hi n808,
Quote:
Originally Posted by n808 View Post
...EDIT: I was able to resolve the problem:
Step 1) system restore to before installing 5.3 drivers. This changed driver ?-mark to !-mark in Device Manager.
Step 2) Then I manually updated drivers, but instead of being "smarter than windows" and pointing to the 'x86' driver subfolder (32-bit system) I just pointed to the top level 4_0Stabi folder. Then Windows was able to find and install the driver. I also installed version 5.3 software, as I plan to upgrade at least one of my systems to 5.3 Pro, and both 4.0 and 5.3 software versions could now see my Vbars.
Thanks also to Rainer who personally replied to my mail to Mikado!
Thank You so much for saving a lot of my spare time. Your description (choosing the main Folder instead any subfolder containing the usb Driver) of installing VBAR 5.3 has worked fine on my Computer running W8.1
Old 05-12-2014, 03:02 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

I installed the program V5.3.4 and the drivers. The mini Vbar connects fine and I get the green USB symbol and "connected" when I hook everything up. My problem is I just cannot get the program to display the full window in Windows 7. The bottom cuts right off at the word "serial" and I can't even get the number to register my unit. How do I fix this to be able to see the full program window? Very frustrating since everything else appears to be working correctly.
jadewarrior is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2014, 10:47 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadewarrior View Post
I installed the program V5.3.4 and the drivers. The mini Vbar connects fine and I get the green USB symbol and "connected" when I hook everything up. My problem is I just cannot get the program to display the full window in Windows 7. The bottom cuts right off at the word "serial" and I can't even get the number to register my unit. How do I fix this to be able to see the full program window? Very frustrating since everything else appears to be working correctly.
I have several blue MiniV's, and I have been using Win 7 Pro on this laptop.

I would try un-installing the 5.3.4 and drivers. Perhaps it's easier to do that by switching to a "restore point" that is before the 5.3.4 and drivers were installed.

My point is...un-install...and then...

Are you sure your video drivers are working ok?...run a diagnostic on them?

Ensure that your have the proper downloads...made that mistake before...

On the Vstabi site, there is a video tutorial that I used.

Following the tutorial "to the letter", re-install the 5.3.4 S/W and drivers.

Hopefully the problem will be resolved.

FWIW
EEngineer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2014, 11:05 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Windows 8.1 laptop, trying like crazy to get my laptop to talk to the VBar. I have followed Mr. Mel's video to the T, and I still am not able to get the driver to load for the VBar. I do have the Rx (RG831BP (airplane guy) DMSS, because that is what I have laying around) bound to my JR XG11. Confirmed by plugging servos into the Rx, bypassing the VBar completely.

I have registered my VBar etc..... We tried for 4 hours at the local flying field today to get it as well.

It is very discouraging for a newer heli guy, such as myself, to get a product in which many locals have and use exclusively. But yet, I have issues.... Understand, I'm most certainly not putting down the unit itself, as I have read that I'm not alone. It simply seems to be the process.

I'm headed to IRCHA, on Sat, to seek the help of another JR DMSS/VBar user that my friend knows.

*EDIT* Got it all fingered out. Found that if I followed the remainder of the video, it showed that you shouldn't address the label like so,C:\Program Files (x86)\VStabi_53\driver\VstabiUsbDriver\x86 But when I took "driver\VstabiUsbDriver\x86" off the address, the driver loaded into VStabi and the red light bar went green. I was able to fumble my way thru the app. Still have a few things (all) that need looked over before it goes up.

Just goes to show that following directions always pays off! And it also pays to read up about something before you buy it, too! Seems like it is pretty easy to use too.
Old 11-14-2014, 09:57 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Windows 8 laptop here. Mine did not load the driver on it's own, had to do it manually. I tried the driver/64x and driver/96x subfolders with no luck, but then I chose the plain "drivers" main folder rather than the subfolders and it worked. Hope this helps the next guy.
Eric T is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2014, 07:24 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Guys,

New Vbar User. Previously have been a BeastX guy.

I am using a Windows 8 machine. I followed the videos for downloading the software and had to manually direct the drivers. It says the drivers are working and shows up under the USB Driver list. I've powered up the Helicopter (minus motor) and have the Vbar light on. When I pull open the vbar software, it shows USB as Green and a red no connection. Not really sure what I am missing... Any help would be greatly appreciated. I will be using my DX9 for programming and have two DSMX satellites, and tried it with the satellites and without to no success. I have not done anything with regards to my TX being powered.

CA
ayres is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2017, 08:33 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just got a new laptop with Windows 10....we know where this is going. I've watched all the videos, no luck...still have the red "no connection". Ive tried to manually install the drivers etc etc. no joy. I've been trying to sort out this issue and do as much research as possible to get this thing working. Not sure what else to try at this point. My computer does not want to show the vstabi in the device manager. Ive gone through this thread and all others that I could find. Very frustrating.
Old 08-20-2017, 01:07 AM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Windows 10 with creators update broke the USB STANDARD and you have to use the workaround to het VBC and Neo updated and after that they wil connect normally.

Win10 Creator Support | VStabi
Old hand at Planks
Peter
Vinger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2017, 06:01 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinger View Post
Windows 10 with creators update broke the USB STANDARD and you have to use the workaround to het VBC and Neo updated and after that they wil connect normally.

Win10 Creator Support | VStabi
Thanks for the response, I see it says for NEO and vbar control, I'm assuming that this is for the older mini vbar usage as well?
Old 08-20-2017, 07:04 AM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetblue2135 View Post
Thanks for the response, I see it says for NEO and vbar control, I'm assuming that this is for the older mini vbar usage as well?

I'm on Mac so have not had to deal with this yet. But I assume you are correct and why I didn't mention the work around as mikado has not updated the older units in years. I could be wrong but I don't think there is a work around for the older units that I know of. If you have a copy of windows 7 you could use virtual box that's what I use on my Mac for castle and other windows only software. Virtual box is free and works on Mac or Windows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tshelby73 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2017, 10:33 AM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Older Vbar units connect normally, BUT you need the same version for both PC software and VBar firmware for it to connect, or just do the online update as per videos here
Download, installation, registration, online update, recovery procedure | VStabi
Old hand at Planks
Peter
Vinger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2017, 07:17 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have managed to get this far. I have literally spent hours on this today trying to get it to work and no luck yet. I did everything that link said to do. When I go to run the "vbr32" in the virtual box this black box pops up asking for a id and password. Any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Vbr32.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	720212  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in