Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Gasser Helicopters

Gasser Helicopters Gasser Specific Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2012, 05:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default What's Helibug up to?

I don't exactly understand what this does. I could email Helibug,but I don't plan on buying one just now. So it's more fun to ask here.
Is this another T-rex 700 conversion? Looks like you wouldn't use much of the original heli.
http://www.helibug.com/HB7OSS.htm
Looks like it might make it easier to run more than one motor in the heli. Iduno
Fred
Bob8crow is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2012, 08:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob8crow View Post
I don't exactly understand what this does. I could email Helibug,but I don't plan on buying one just now. So it's more fun to ask here.
Is this another T-rex 700 conversion? Looks like you wouldn't use much of the original heli.
http://www.helibug.com/HB7OSS.htm
Looks like it might make it easier to run more than one motor in the heli. Iduno
Fred

Designed to use any power source using Gasbug Modules. You got it, if you have more than one engine or want to try different engines.
TREX 600 Gasser (690 Mains, 700TT boom) - T-Rex 450 SE V2 - OpenPilot Revo - CC3D - Atom - Blade CPP (06' model and still going!) - Blade mCP x (Wha hooo) - JR9503, SPEKTRUM DX8, Sullivan Dynatron/Finer Edge
AMA#621236 & IRCHA#4196
Rick~K is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2012, 08:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ooops,I just realizes Carey already brought this up.
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=389454
Fred
Old 03-04-2012, 07:36 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob8crow View Post
Ooops,I just realizes Carey already brought this up.
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=389454
Fred
It's very innovative.

What I am most interested in seeing are the other engines that are going to be dropped into this thing. Since the idea here is to put whatever engine in it he designs for, I have a feeling there will be something in the works for some crazy powerful 2 stroke everyone has been dreaming about running. Those DA's or some other big 2 stroke they run in planes.

More info would be very nice!!
Old 03-06-2012, 11:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was puzzled also when i received the e-mail.I meant to ask Ali,but didn't have the time unfortunately.

There have been some crazy two strokes out there...A bzm 50,some other 2 cylinder engines etc...They are all made to fit the baja 5b/t5/sc.I dont know if any of those can fit in a heli...I reckon they are too big for a heli application

Hitec Aurora9 with telemetry
giorgos_cupra is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2012, 08:29 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ali was at Aero Hobbies in Lewisville yesterday with one of his new gas module HB's and it was very impressive. The thickness of the 6061 T6 Aluminum Frames was very impressive.
Overall the Heli was very impressive.
My original concern about bending the Aluminum frame work in a "crash" as opposed to CF having some bending resiliency seems moot. After looking at it, any crash that would bend these frames would break a CF frame as we know it today. Ali offered a simpler solution.... "don't crash"!!! I told him that was an unlikely concept at least for me.

Overall very impressive.

TRM Power - RC Racing Engines - - Blackout Mods Conversions - - VP Racing / Powermaster Fuels - - Gas-Powered-Helicopters.com
Doug Darby is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2012, 09:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I was wondering about the Aluminum frame vs CF. I love the look of metal but was worried about bending it.
TREX 600 Gasser (690 Mains, 700TT boom) - T-Rex 450 SE V2 - OpenPilot Revo - CC3D - Atom - Blade CPP (06' model and still going!) - Blade mCP x (Wha hooo) - JR9503, SPEKTRUM DX8, Sullivan Dynatron/Finer Edge
AMA#621236 & IRCHA#4196
Old 03-10-2012, 11:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I was worried about this too but after a little speech with Ali Azhar I realized that that is not a frame. It's a cage and aluminium is best material for such use.
Trex 600 Gasser FBL | HeliXHeli conv. | OS GT15HZ | iKon | Homemade onboard generator
Azalin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2012, 07:41 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

How big is the tank on the Open-Source?
AMA#621236 & IRCHA#4196
Old 03-11-2012, 09:28 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The one I saw had a 10 oz tank.

TRM Power - RC Racing Engines - - Blackout Mods Conversions - - VP Racing / Powermaster Fuels - - Gas-Powered-Helicopters.com
Old 03-12-2012, 10:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Just curious which way you guys think might be the cheapest way to go if you were to do this.
Buy a used T-rex 700 and rob the parts and sell the rest....
Or just buy the parts individually. If,and I say IF I were to do it I would go flybarless,and I havn't been seeing many used flybarless frames. So I would probably have to buy a head anyway...........
It might come in just a few dollars cheaper than a whiplash. But then again,there are extra surprises like a gasser clutch. Interesting to think about.
Fred
Old 03-13-2012, 11:55 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I know the answer for a HWC conversion but not sure on a HeliBug.

Old 03-13-2012, 05:08 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well seeing you need the entire tail assembly, head and mast blocks, etc.. these really add up quickly when buying separate parts so i'd stronly suggest finding a good used frame cheaply... may end up costing you the parts for the tail alone..

I guess it all depends on how much you get the frame for.

If you have time - start a spreadsheet and tally all the parts indiviually and then that will determine the price you'll pay for a frame.

On top of the frame - you'll probably want the lynx clutch as an extra and replacement hex cap screws and special washers as the std align nitro screws "stick" to the frames and then strip when you try take them out.. so new hex head screws are a must..

Not to mention, servos, etc... you may also save on them in the frame deal if they come with it..
DX7 Mode-1 | 450 pro 6s | 450 pro | Schweizer 300C Gasser Scale | T-Rex550e | Aeolus 50 | HeliX T-Rex700 fbl Gasser | HWC600 Gasser | Henseleit MPXLe | Henseleit 3DNT | Suzi-Janis 700 | Gaui NX4 | Gaui X5 | Blade 350QX
jockstrap is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2012, 06:16 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

there aren't that many parts from the donor models that you DON'T use. Don't expect to make a lot of money by selling those.

carey shurley is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2012, 03:33 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I bought my donor kit last night for 699.00 NIB combo off a forum, but the best I seen one was 864.99 in a combo kit.
AMA#621236 & IRCHA#4196
Old 03-15-2012, 09:41 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Grandrc is selling 700n kits for $380, and if it's your first time ordering from their new site you get 10% off. That's a hell of a deal, and how I bought mine to convert.
Eury is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2012, 10:12 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurylokhos View Post
Grandrc is selling 700n kits for $380, and if it's your first time ordering from their new site you get 10% off. That's a hell of a deal, and how I bought mine to convert.
That's a good deal, I went with the combo to get the servos and gyro with the kit. But I think that is the lowest I seen that kit.
AMA#621236 & IRCHA#4196
Old 04-04-2012, 08:03 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

that thing is damned sexy!!
Interesting that due to smaller tank, its lighter than the G10 version.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:37 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

When you can get the complete Radikal G30 Carbon SE (flybar version or FBL version) that is designed from the ground up as a gasser heli for $850.00, why bother getting the T700 for $380 plus a conversion kit for $400+??
Old 04-05-2012, 06:46 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I can only speak from my own experience having owned both. The converted 700 is a better heli than the Radikal. Lower drag drivetrain with the torque tube, better parts availability with lower cost, easier to work on, better CCPM geometry, wide selection of upgrades, better tail, better head, just better in every way.

Of course, I have the HWC conversion, so I have the Radikal clutch and gearing setup, so I have the best of both worlds. The Helibug has that tiny T-rex clutch and main gear.
Eury is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in