Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > Mini CP

Mini CP Walkera Mini CP Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2012, 07:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Can someone post a video of 3d with the minicp.... with the rx screw at 6oclock?

I am a member over at rcgroups and a guy called Farmer has a post saying the minicp is only good at flipping. Someone else had posted that too here in the disappointed thread below this one.

What I am thinking is this.... They flew the mini with the screw on the rx pointed to beginner or intermediate. We know now what the screw does, both the positive and negative effects it can have. i would love to see someone post a video with the flat part of the screw pointing at the 6/7 oclock mark. Something with funnels etc just to ease my own mind.

Are they right? is the mini only good for flipping? I really want to know for certain. There seems to be a lot of people saying that the minicp is just for a beginner/intermediate. I asked manny at rcgroups who does videos for wow hobbies but he wont respond.
mescalinedream is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2012, 09:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Im not capable of that level of flight. Im only doing flips and rolls and inverted hovering at this point . But next time i fly i wil ltry to do high bank turns inverted and see if the heli tries to roll out of it but i have no way to film it . I have been flying with the flat part of screw at 7 oclock position and then added positive expo in radio and to me it feels the same as stock setting and no radio expo .
5488fletcher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2012, 11:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I really want to see someone do it with no expo, or at least with Mannys settings here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...5#post20571242

I finally flipped my mini, 10 packs worth. i was so surprised how stable it was inverted. It was completely level, just sitting there. I crashed, A LOT! But the heli only came away with a missing pinion. I have been flying with zippy 350mah 20c batteries on my c05 powered mini. i am using a genius main gear and was using a 7tooth pinion. I felt the head speed was high using that but found my flight was bogged a bit. I just got home and installed the pinion from my genius brushed motor that i used to have in the mini until it died. WOW, its got crazy headspeed! I didnt think this motor was capable of that kinda power. I had completely loosened the throttle backplate to make the stick on my devo 7 looser. Well in doing that it is easy to bump the throttle. I accidently did that in the kitchen with the 9t pinion and it was snowing with stucco.

I am now wondering what kind of flight times I will have with the 9t pinion. I am waiting on a 8t pinion from homefly for almost 2 months now. I ordered 2 and only 1 showed up along with a note that said he would ship me the second pinion free. Wow what a deal, free to ship me a pinion I had already paid for.

Anyways, i' am babbling on from the adrenaline. I cannot believe I finally did a flip! ANd went inverted! I could do it on phoenix sim but never tried it in real life. I only have a 450 clone and the mini and there is no way I would try it on the 450. I am so freakin happy. I just cannot believe how much confidence the mini gives me in flight. I am white knuckled flying my 450, I am going to fly while the wind is still down.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Congratulations on your first flips and going inverted. This was something I was never able to do with my MCPx and Genius and I was only able to make progress with the V120D02S.

What farmer was referring to were very advanced 3D moves such as continuous piroflips. It is so difficult that it could take more than a year just to learn it on the SIM. I have not seen Manny do them on the recent Walkera micros. Sometimes, even larger FBL helis have problems in doing them well. I would not be surprised if the MCPx V2 have a more advanced 3D capable FBL system than Walkera micros, given rumors that BeastX may be involved in its development.

However, the vast majority of those who fly 3D would be satisfied with just doing flips, loops, rolls, inverted hovering and possibly inverted flight. They have no intention in doing more advanced stuff such as funnels, piroflips or kaos. Moreover, these advanvced are better done on larger helis with much more advanced and expensive FBL systems. For example, the Vbar is so complicated that it could take hours to set up at the flying field with a laptop. So I really wouldn't worry much about it. The chances are that the stock Mini CP is still a better basic 3D trainer than the stock MCPx V2 since flips easier and is more stable inverted. If you get to the stage of learning piroflips, I would look at bigger and more advanced helis instead.
zadaw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2012, 12:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I spoke to Manny and he had said that his minicp screw/pot is broken. He will try and take a vid at the flying field if someone will allow him to use their mini with those settings. Who knows though. Wow hobbies sales might go down if he shows a video of him NOT doing those moves. CAuse that would proove the mini is incapable of them. Hopefully someone will let him and he able to do those advanced moves.Just an inverted funnel will make me happy since that is the move picofly said the mini cannot do.
Old 09-19-2012, 03:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am looking at the screws ,should I turn it clock wise or anti clock wise to get prio flip?
kinson88 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2012, 04:42 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I use campos setup but have the screw unchanged.
I have the servo travels a little wider because i like little less way on the sticks.
Flying narrow tic-tics, pirouetting funnels and piropflips is not a matter of the screw.
On one bird i have 12:00 (the flat part) on the other 11:00.
I do not notice a big difference.

The mini is capable of handling that stuff in the standard 12:00 position.

The only thing i did was modding one bird with the walkera bl set, solid tail (+1.5cm) and the other same tail mod.
I added a voltage constant booster, taking the voltage to a 4.2 V constant so headspead does not change.

That way you can fly anything with the 350 cells.
RogerRabit is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2012, 12:58 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I installed rx firmware version 1.1 a couple of weeks ago and noticed that funnels became perfectly flyable. Now my Mini CP flyes pretty much in the same way as my Genius CP.

Before the update it was practically impossible to fly tight banked funnels.

I still hope that Walkera would relase another firmware update that would focus on piro compensation.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:34 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picofly View Post
I installed rx firmware version 1.1 a couple of weeks ago and noticed that funnels became perfectly flyable. Now my Mini CP flyes pretty much in the same way as my Genius CP.

Before the update it was practically impossible to fly tight banked funnels.

I still hope that Walkera would relase another firmware update that would focus on piro compensation.
Could you please post a video of funnels with new fw on Mini?
Ratverg is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2012, 08:16 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRabit View Post

The only thing i did was modding one bird with the walkera bl set, solid tail (+1.5cm) and the other same tail mod.
I added a voltage constant booster, taking the voltage to a 4.2 V constant so headspead does not change.

That way you can fly anything with the 350 cells.
any links on where to get this or how to install it?
Lasercopter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2012, 08:01 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasercopter View Post
any links on where to get this or how to install it?
you need the cables, UP042 i think, and the dongle, then just download the firmware from walkera and use their software to install
Dant is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in