Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X

mCP X Blade Micro CPx Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2012, 08:00 AM   #161 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 755 robert View Post
I bought the fuse from the classifieds on this site..It is made by Darthdark.It is made for the walkera helis I believe..
It's a little big for the mcpx but with an HP06 motor and 550 battery it has plenty of pep..
here is a link to Darthdark..http://darthdrk.4t.com/photo3_1.html
OMG.. that's one expensive fus... But it's really cool..

As I type this.. I'm loading my Bell UH-1D scale on youtube.. finally got to go brushless..

cheers
quest
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2012, 09:30 AM   #162 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,

As raw as it can be..

[ame]http://youtu.be/VRrSeE6yLgA[/ame]
Old 06-12-2012, 01:09 PM   #163 (permalink)
Registered Users

^ Love it!
SuperX7 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2012, 03:36 PM   #164 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

^ AWESOME!!!!!
maarset is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2012, 09:45 PM   #165 (permalink)
Registered Users

Awesome work!
Soundlzrd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2012, 08:02 AM   #166 (permalink)
Registered Users

755 Robert, how do you load your batteries? I have the same fuse (md500) and I was adding/removing the nose but that means sealing up the rest of the fuse. I don't want to do that cause I still crash enough that its preferably to have access to the main gear and my fat fingers won't fit.
splatinc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2012, 09:09 AM   #167 (permalink)
Registered Users

Take the fuse off, go back to orientation training and don't put the fuse on til you can do anything you want on the heli and not crash.

There is no use in wasting money and a good fuse just because you think it's cool looking.
X-cell Fury 90: 601/9251, 8231's Cyc; DS650; OS 91MP-6; Jr Vibe 90; OS 91RJX Pipe; Jr 8231 cyclic, 770 3D/G8900, Prfct Reg. CCPM; T-Rex 600 NP: 6965HB, 425MG Throttle GY 520/9254; OS50 Hyper,MP-5, Prfct Reg; 600E Bstx, nue1910
seanh is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2012, 04:05 PM   #168 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by splatinc View Post
755 Robert, how do you load your batteries? I have the same fuse (md500) and I was adding/removing the nose but that means sealing up the rest of the fuse. I don't want to do that cause I still crash enough that its preferably to have access to the main gear and my fat fingers won't fit.
Perhaps you can try using magnets? I'm no heli expert but I know a few folks on here glueing magnets in their fuselages so they can "pry" them apart when need be without the use of permanent glue etc.
Old 06-13-2012, 04:28 PM   #169 (permalink)
Registered Users

My other (and by far the easiest) project.. It flies with scale blades and is very stable. Obviously needs to be completed but its nice to know it flies!

Old 06-13-2012, 04:47 PM   #170 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Bell UH-1D for mCPX

A simpler variant is probably this:
http://www.heli-scale-quality.com/co...190/Itemid,43/
Since you do not have a problem with weight. And to find another (american) decal variation in size is no problem.
Lupusprimus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2012, 08:09 AM   #171 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanh View Post
Take the fuse off, go back to orientation training and don't put the fuse on til you can do anything you want on the heli and not crash.

There is no use in wasting money and a good fuse just because you think it's cool looking.
Everyone crashes.

Thanks for the advice...
Old 06-14-2012, 08:12 AM   #172 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperX7 View Post
Perhaps you can try using magnets? I'm no heli expert but I know a few folks on here glueing magnets in their fuselages so they can "pry" them apart when need be without the use of permanent glue etc.
That is probably going to be my next step. I was just asking what your experience was.
I also noticed a tilt from the mechanics. Did you do that on purpose to have the fuse hang strait while in flight?
Finally, how did you mount the mechanics. I extended the body mounts and put holes in the fuse for the cf rods to pass through.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:55 PM   #173 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by splatinc View Post
That is probably going to be my next step. I was just asking what your experience was.
I also noticed a tilt from the mechanics. Did you do that on purpose to have the fuse hang strait while in flight?
Finally, how did you mount the mechanics. I extended the body mounts and put holes in the fuse for the cf rods to pass through.
Sorry I'm not sure I follow - tilt from the mechanics? Which image are you referring to as I've posted 3 pictures so far.

As for the mechanics, I've cut out holes in the fuselage where the canopy mounts fit straight through, and the bottom is supported by cutting out upside down T shaped support beams (from the model kits!) that fit into the two holes (where original landing gear fit), and that holds it all nicely in place. None of it is glued yet as I still have to paint and assemble other bits so whilst I test everything I hold it all with simple tape. If you need any pictures let me know I'll be happy to help.
Old 06-16-2012, 11:10 AM   #174 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello SuperX, Does your kit go together easily'. I have just bought the kit and basically pieced it together. Perhaps mine has got distorted in the box. The top of the fuse area is has to be pushed apart to get the top to match. The bottom has quite a vee shape and nowhere near matches the skids. Perhaps I might have to gently heat and bend it to shape. Any more photos ? Many thanks Arfer
arfermo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2012, 09:05 PM   #175 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by arfermo View Post
Hello SuperX, Does your kit go together easily'. I have just bought the kit and basically pieced it together. Perhaps mine has got distorted in the box. The top of the fuse area is has to be pushed apart to get the top to match. The bottom has quite a vee shape and nowhere near matches the skids. Perhaps I might have to gently heat and bend it to shape. Any more photos ? Many thanks Arfer
Hi afermo,

My UH-1 kit from Revell doesn't fit particularly nicely either. I have to shave some bits off and bend the fuselage a bit to make it fit nicely - to be honest, in my experiences with model kits, I find Revell to be rather poo in terms of quality, they were never as detailed or nice out of the box compared to other brands. The other fuselages I've used are from Italeri which look great and are really detailed! What kind of photos do you need of the UH-1?

Regards,

SuperX7
Old 06-16-2012, 11:47 PM   #176 (permalink)
HF Support

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Afermo,

My Huey is also a Revell (see the first post of this sticky)... it did take a bit of trimming and adjustment to make it all work, but ultimately it came together pretty well. I used tiny earthmagnets to hold it together which added some weight, but makes it easy to get to the battery etc.
I have several pics of my build here... https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=353623.

Can't wait to see your finished huey!!!
Old 06-17-2012, 04:34 AM   #177 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Superx and badfrog. I got wifeys hairdryer and heated and manouevered [bent] it so that it fits a bit better. Must remember to put the hairdryer back ! Any photos would be appreciated Super. Is yours brushless ? I have now got a BL motor etc. All I have to do is start some mechanical surgery. Arf
Old 06-17-2012, 05:00 AM   #178 (permalink)
Registered Users

Me again Super badfrog. Just found this on you tube. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciPx56HbG8Y&feature=related[/ame] don't know if you have seen it already Arf.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:09 PM   #179 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi arfermo,

That video rocks! You'll probably find a lot more detailed pictures in badfrog's thread (and seeing as he has actually finished his, its probably best to look at his pictures!) nonetheless, I've take some photos as promised so here they are:

T bracket thing I mentioned earlier, which fits in main gear holes.

Holes in fuselage to hold the frame/3in1 board.

T bracket sitting nicely in the fuselage.

Hope this gives a little insight on where things are placed...

I'm trying to make a video of my newest project (this one I think I can actually finish!)
Old 06-19-2012, 12:47 PM   #180 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for that SuperX. Soon to put in the BL motor. Got the pinion on the motor with much trepidation. Perhaps a bit too easily, hope it will not slip . Arf

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in