Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters

Walkera Helicopters Walkera Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2012, 01:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Anyone have problem with WOW Hobbies

Is it me or is it hard to get a definitive answer from this hobby shop? I have yet to get an email from them about a Brushless Mini Cp I received form them, that is no more than a paper weight
Dark Poacher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2012, 02:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

The last time I ordered from them, they sent me the wrong parts in the order. They shipped the right parts (slow ground mail) and with a envelope to return the wrong parts with. Im sure it didnt arrive safely as they wanted me to ship something fragile with no bubble wrap, no protection of any kind, just throw it in an envelope and go. So it was an extra 4 days on top of the 4 days I already had to wait before I could rebuild my heli.
MilitaryMachinist is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2012, 03:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yeah as of I'm not frustrated enough with a Heli that does not work at all, I have to correspond thru email and wait for a reply. Which has not happened yet!
Old 02-19-2012, 01:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've always had good customer service from them. You can get their number and call them, although they seem to prefer email. Just try to be nice, and they'll likely return the kindness
// WK2801 // Spektrum DX4e //
jonbailie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2012, 01:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I buy all my heli from them but since I live in los angeles I alway pick mine up will-call. Being the biggest Walkera vendor in America you will get problem from people so. I have been dealing with them for almost 2 years an have never had a problem.
vronny is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2012, 06:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

They have been nothing but great to me. Spoke with Jeff while making a decision and ended up getting the v120d02s and the Devo 8s, he took as much time as he needed with me. I will buy future helicopters from them.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well it's good to hear some of you had great experiences with them, but I'm in Texas and don't have the luxury of stopping in at their location. What I do know is it has been over 24-48 hrs. I have not received an email, no chance in calling as they will not entertain any calls about refunds, exchanges, their DOA policy, any technical questions. I am frustrated but am a professional mannered man. However, I'm no pushover and think this hobby cost many of us thousands a year,meaning this is transferred to Hobby Shops and manufacturers. So I would assume if I read a post by a member of RC Group sending a email to Walkera and they respond and advised they will take an idea into consideration, I would assume a quicker response from what I assume to be reputable dealer in WOW! And even though the Mini is not a third of the price of many of the helis I have or have owned, I did pay my money and want a functioning product in return. I will give them until mid week after that I will do what I new to get my money back!
Old 02-19-2012, 11:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Found It!

After looking through the Forums I cam across on on RC-Groups, which someone had 5 flights on his Mini Cp and it then died on him. He took the board off and noticed a coil missing in the lower right corner of the receiver. I put my Mini back in the original box the first day i got it, as it would not turn on at all, well I pulled it out a minute ago and noticed that coil missing from my board as well. I then began to check the packaging and shipping box in which it came in. Low and behold the packaging box rattles and there is is. tucked in the corner flap of the box 'The Coil!" I guess al I can do is wait for a reply from WOW, or should I email Walkera?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	securedownload.jpeg
Views:	82
Size:	149.6 KB
ID:	291432   Click image for larger version

Name:	securedownload1.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	291433  
Old 02-20-2012, 12:15 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

And thats why I do my own conversions...
MilitaryMachinist is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2012, 02:25 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm currently in alabama and haven't had any problems yet. They are a little slow on email, but if you call them around 11 THEIR time you should get an answer. I hope it works out, I can understand the frustration. Be careful, it might be possible they have the holiday off tomorrow, I doubt it because I don't.
Old 02-20-2012, 02:42 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Wow

I have written them a few times regarding products.

I have asked about mCPX and had a reply 14 days later.:

Asked about a Genius took them more than a week.

I bought a 4#3b almost 3 years ago from them and was happy.

In summary I rather deal with vendors who answer promptly.

It could be that they treat regular customers like Vronny better than others.
zvok is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2012, 11:51 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Inner I called them and they would not discuss anything about the helicopter over the phone, only of I were buying something. Unless you know of a service line which is nonexistent on the site
Old 02-20-2012, 04:41 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

No I just called te regular line. I actually wasn't going to buy anything just had questions, but because Jeff gave me such great service I did buy something. But if I called a different day, who knows, might not get great service. So far they have been great. Customer device is important, that's why Chik-fil-a does so well.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:51 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is the motor coil that fell out?
Old 02-20-2012, 09:16 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've had nothing but excellent shopping experiences with wow. Never had to contact them for support though.
Spoto is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2012, 06:17 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Poacher have they responded YET.
pmcbs is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2012, 09:58 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, got three emails, all the same day. First email looked to be automated, discussed the binding problems with different radios, but thy ask you to send your order number so they know what you have in your initial email. Second email advised me they don't make the helis, so they are not at fault if it gets damaged or comes that way, I did not know Wakera makes a brushless Mini Cp! Also advises they do not do phone tech as it would cost $20-30 a call for the call. Also advised if they sold from overseas the consumer would be less likely to send back due to shipping, not sure how to take that!

Second email have me a RMA number and advised me to send back, third email told me they would ship me another receiver. Also received a call, missed it called back within 6 minutes, never answered the phone. Called 9 times no answer, the number wa the same as te sales line, so I called back the next day and asked if they were sending me a receiver or was I to ship it back as I received 2 emails stating different fixes. She put me on hol for 10 minutes and came back and said I have to wait for an email. I advised her is missed the call from them last night, she says it is out of her hands and to wait for email, that was two days ago
Old 02-22-2012, 10:13 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Poacher View Post
Yeah, got three emails, all the same day. First email looked to be automated, discussed the binding problems with different radios, but thy ask you to send your order number so they know what you have in your initial email. Second email advised me they don't make the helis, so they are not at fault if it gets damaged or comes that way, I did not know Wakera makes a brushless Mini Cp! Also advises they do not do phone tech as it would cost $20-30 a call for the call. Also advised if they sold from overseas the consumer would be less likely to send back due to shipping, not sure how to take that!

Second email have me a RMA number and advised me to send back, third email told me they would ship me another receiver. Also received a call, missed it called back within 6 minutes, never answered the phone. Called 9 times no answer, the number wa the same as te sales line, so I called back the next day and asked if they were sending me a receiver or was I to ship it back as I received 2 emails stating different fixes. She put me on hol for 10 minutes and came back and said I have to wait for an email. I advised her is missed the call from them last night, she says it is out of her hands and to wait for email, that was two days ago
What a mess... But read here: http://www.wowhobbies.com/about-us.aspx It says they check every helicopter twice, and they fly it after they install upgrades. It also says they have a no DOA policy. That if you report it dead on arrival they will replace it. So call them back, and tell them that because of their almost non existent response time you have been unable to complete this in 24 hours like it says on their page. It also says that if your account is in good standing that they rush air mail the replacement to you which hasnt happened yet.

"
CUSTOMER SERVICE & TECHNICAL SUPPORT
To reduce defective products, we are one of the few vendors that consistently test all individual hobby quality helicopters over $80 before they are shipped to you from California. Obviously, we can not open the seal on certain brands such as Align and E-flite helicopters because they are warrantied by the manufacturer. Helicopter problems which we can not detect are often related to (1) shipping damage (e.g. Something came loose because the box was dropped by Fedex.), (2) incompatible setup on your transmitter (e.g. You did not purchase the helicopter with a transmitter and the setup does not match.), (3) incompatible pilot experience (e.g. You are a beginner pilot and you have bought a helicopter that's too advanced for your level of flying.), or (4) intermittent problems that can not be repeated in a normal flight test. Our friendly staff and hobby savvy technicians are ready to help you answer any questions. You can reach Wow's technical support via the "Contact Us" section at http://wowhobbies.com/contact-us.aspx of this website or you can email us at sales@wowhobbies.com. Please include the order number, a brief description of the problem so that we can track and document your request in our automated system and allow 24 to 48 hours turn around response time. Sheer volume & slim margins prohibit us from offering technical service on the phone. Our phone service only supports simple sales and shipping related calls (714) 939-7895."

It says 48 hours response time. I think your over that response time and you should call back asking for a manager!
Old 02-24-2012, 05:12 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

i live 10 minutes away from them and thats were i get all my heli parts for my copterx450 pro,v400d02, i have not had a problim with them even wen i ordered out of state they wer quick to ship and also folowed up emails to sea if i got the parts,now i have sean them test flying customers heli's befor shipping! also at purchase they fly the heli in front of the customer who is going to by it,they also fix heli's that customers brought in now its expensive but they do it,now this is my expiereance with them,and i no some people out ther got screwed by them! and im sorry to heer about that! if it was me id file a class action lawsuit on ther ass call the beter buisness burow, and file charges false advertisment!
hilo69 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2012, 10:17 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs down

I finally got a reply, he will ship a replacement receiver first class airmail. It took almost a month to rectify a simple problem. Very low almost nonexistent communication when there is a problem. I can't say I will ever make a purchase from them again! I'm certain being part of the freak family helped as I usually got an email after posting here. Thanks guys as always!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in