Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > Others

Others Walkera Other Models Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2012, 06:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Devo 8s update?

Hey guys tonight I flashed my devo 8s to .7/.5 and I noticed that the settings for my saved models changed so I had to go back through them and correct them back to their proper settings. Did you guys have to do the same thing after updating the firmware and library? I do like how much quicker it boots up and shuts down. I also noticed that my v120d02s would bind to the radio with the radio being on first. This is something it refused to do with the other fw.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2012, 06:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRPuffnstuff View Post
Hey guys tonight I flashed my devo 8s to .7/.5 and I noticed that the settings for my saved models changed so I had to go back through them and correct them back to their proper settings. Did you guys have to do the same thing after updating the firmware and library? I do like how much quicker it boots up and shuts down. I also noticed that my v120d02s would bind to the radio with the radio being on first. This is something it refused to do with the other fw.
None of my settings changed after the update?

Yes, it boots much quicker, especially if you use fixed id's.

I've never had any binding issues with my D03, but I'm glad the update fixed yours.

Also, transferring model config data to your PC works now if you also update to the latest "Dfuse Update Tool 1.4.1"!
Majic1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2012, 07:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Looks like I'll be needing to transfer my model settings to the pc just in case they require being restored. That makes it much easier versus manually inputting them again.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRPuffnstuff View Post
Looks like I'll be needing to transfer my model settings to the pc just in case they require being restored. That makes it much easier versus manually inputting them again.
Yes, that's a nice feature. It's bad enough if you only have 1 heli. But, if you have more than 1 model in your Tx, then it's almost essential to have it backed up on your PC. I agree, it makes it much easier than inputing it all again.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:44 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Having to re-enter model data? Ouch!!!

Can either of you do a quick test for me please?

Be careful when doing this though, if I have the heli and TX bound and I shut off and turn on the TX, the bird will begin to spool up for a brief second.

Can either or preferably both of you try it, again being careful and expecting it to spool up?

I wrote Walkera about the problem once some time ago, after I upgraded from 8 to 8S and not having had the problem before the upgrade.

If the same thing happens to you guys, I'll send them another email suggesting a bit more strongly that they do something.

You could try the same thing by setting the power output to minimum and setting the bird down and walking away until it loses signal but that's kinda sorta a PITA if the bird can be spooled up in hand.
Heli-opolis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2012, 11:59 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli-opolis View Post
Having to re-enter model data? Ouch!!!

Can either of you do a quick test for me please?

Be careful when doing this though, if I have the heli and TX bound and I shut off and turn on the TX, the bird will begin to spool up for a brief second.

Can either or preferably both of you try it, again being careful and expecting it to spool up?
Before I attempted this trick, I removed my blades first. And, yes it did spool up for about 2 seconds after turning the Tx back on. I did it a 2nd time and again it spooled up for about 2 seconds.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majic1 View Post
Before I attempted this trick, I removed my blades first. And, yes it did spool up for about 2 seconds after turning the Tx back on. I did it a 2nd time and again it spooled up for about 2 seconds.
Thank you!

I think I'll drop Walkera a 'nasty-gram'.

Like you, my start-up and shut-down is by the book so it's not a real issue for me, except if it gets away and loses signal but I'm not everyone.

And, it doing it on my Mini or 02S is not THAT big of a deal but I can't imaging what could happen with a much larger bird if Walkera is going to make more and more birds available that are compatible with the Devo-8S.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Thank you!

I think I'll drop Walkera a 'nasty-gram'.

Like you, my start-up and shut-down is by the book so it's not a real issue for me, except if it gets away and loses signal but I'm not everyone.

And, it doing it on my Mini or 02S is not THAT big of a deal but I can't imaging what could happen with a much larger bird if Walkera is going to make more and more birds available that are compatible with the Devo-8S.
No Problem. I agree this could be a problem, especially with the 450's or 500's. However, on the plus side, the Devo 8(s) does have a 3000ft range at full amplification and the Devo 12 has a 3 mile range. Probably won't have a problem losing signal, but never the less it's still a problem.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

H.O. I was using my Phoenix sim earlier and happened to turn off my Devo, then turn it back on again. It does the same thing in the sim. The blades on the heli spool up for about 2 seconds. Wierd huh?
Old 04-19-2012, 11:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majic1 View Post
H.O. I was using my Phoenix sim earlier and happened to turn off my Devo, then turn it back on again. It does the same thing in the sim. The blades on the heli spool up for about 2 seconds. Wierd huh?
Maybe not so weird. Someone else recently had a problem that could be duplicated in Phoenix as well. Intersting!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in