Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > MSH Protos > MSH Mini Protos

MSH Mini Protos MSH Mini Protos Helicopter Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2013, 05:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default charge station update

Ok here it is, 2 junsi p350 power supplies in series (700 watts), I-charger 3010-b, 40 amp safe expandable para board with my 8m battery tester velcroed to para board for storage. Yes the lid closes with it all in there after unplugging bananas from charge deck. 3rd pic show it all charging my li-fe tx pack. 5 thunderpower 6s 65c 3300mah packs fit in the charge deck recess no problem and 4 5000mah 6s will also on there sides. I only carry 4 each packs for my helis. I made custom charge extensions for the ec5/jstxh paraboard and tp to jst balance cable extensions from epbuddy I carry my extensions in my tool kit . If any interest I can do a full build log.

scott s is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2013, 05:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looks good, I need to build a case for my rig, but I'm goin to need a bigger case
Old 03-02-2013, 06:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossk View Post
Looks good, I need to build a case for my rig, but I'm goin to need a bigger case
Well I carry all my lipos in a separate foam lined case, I have not had a need for 2 chargers though I have a thunderpower 1010 with balancer but that has proved to be a pain. I may just build another one of the above to have 2 chargers going at once but am in no hurry LOL! You should check out the progressive case for the pl8's !!
Old 03-03-2013, 09:20 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott s View Post
Ok here it is, 2 junsi p350 power supplies in series (700 watts), I-charger 3010-b, 40 amp safe expandable para board with my 8m battery tester velcroed to para board for storage. Yes the lid closes with it all in there after unplugging bananas from charge deck. 3rd pic show it all charging my li-fe tx pack. 5 thunderpower 6s 65c 3300mah packs fit in the charge deck recess no problem and 4 5000mah 6s will also on there sides. I only carry 4 each packs for my helis. I made custom charge extensions for the ec5/jstxh paraboard and tp to jst balance cable extensions from epbuddy I carry my extensions in my tool kit . If any interest I can do a full build log.

I definitely am interested in your build log for this case. I already have a Junsi 350 and am thinking of getting another one to wire up in series to power an iCharger 306B (I have a 206B right now). Just like you, I am thinking of building a small portable case. For some reason I have not seen too many posts regarding wiring smaller PS like the Junsi P350 in series. The video of two rebadged Junsis was even pulled from youtube.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:56 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclo View Post
I definitely am interested in your build log for this case. I already have a Junsi 350 and am thinking of getting another one to wire up in series to power an iCharger 306B (I have a 206B right now). Just like you, I am thinking of building a small portable case. For some reason I have not seen too many posts regarding wiring smaller PS like the Junsi P350 in series. The video of two rebadged Junsis was even pulled from youtube.
The reason all the videos were pulled is because the junsi p350 power supplies have only been consumer approved and ul listed for single use(government license thing) so junsi wants to protect there butt in case someone gets hurt using these in series. This is why dealers will not suggest it also.
The grounds are isolated from the cases and the supplies are power factor corrected so yes they are safe to use. The only potential problem is if 1 fails and fails in a certain way(unlikely) and you touch it with power into it. This however holds true for computer supplies and they are more dangerous because most do not have isolated grounds
I have a friend who used 2 p350 supplies in series for about 1-1/2 years and they never flinched a bit and he ran them HARD LOL!. He sold them to get a monster supply . I love this compact set up and will probably build another then I will have 1400 watts between 2 chargers.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:41 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yep, I have verified before that the negative output lead is isolated from both the case and the AC ground wire on my unit.

I too prefer the smaller Junsi for portability reasons and in my case (once I wire two in series) 700W should be good enough for my needs.
Old 03-08-2013, 03:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Pics Gone..

Dayummm THat was quick. Pics are gone. Was just going to look at this.

Mini Prôtos 6S Stretch - DS95/DS95i, Mini V-Bar, YGE60 VBAR Ready
CrashAddict is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2013, 03:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashAddict View Post
Dayummm THat was quick. Pics are gone. Was just going to look at this.
What pics are gone ?? been into the sauce again LOL! (Just kidding)
Old 03-08-2013, 07:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I looked at building a case for my rig, but decided that it was easier to just get the ready made hard line 2000w case from progressive Rc.

Now I will have 160A of charging power available!
Old 03-08-2013, 08:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

hey rossk. What do have for power supplies ? only 1 meanwell 2000-24 can fit in there correct that is 80 amps and then the 2 pl8 chargers are good for 40 amps each so how in earth are you going to get 160 amp charging capability. You would need 2 power supplies and 4 pl8's and that would be totally ludicrous. You cant fly that many helis at once LOL!
Old 03-08-2013, 10:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have 2 x PL8's running off feather merchant power supplies each - 25V 47A
Now I have the full kit coming from progressive RC, 2 more PL8's running off a single meanwell 2000W, I won't be able to max out the PL8's in the case, but go very close.

So thats 4 x PL8's and 4300 watts.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossk View Post
I have 2 x PL8's running off feather merchant power supplies each - 25V 47A
Now I have the full kit coming from progressive RC, 2 more PL8's running off a single meanwell 2000W, I won't be able to max out the PL8's in the case, but go very close.

So thats 4 x PL8's and 4300 watts.
Wow, nice but to much to lug around LOL! 2 high rate chargers are plenty to keep 3 or even 4 helis flying all day. How many fields do you fly at have ac?? I have to carry 2 big deep cycle 12 volts in series for 24 volts for most of the fields I fly at. I am considering a generator but the deep cycles are fantastic for regenerative discharge to get lipos to storage charge FAST. You will need to carry a huge generator to power all that LOL!
Old 03-08-2013, 11:50 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Only going to take the progressive case to the official flight field(has ac), the other 2 will stay at home.
The club wouldn't let me use the feather merchant ps's because they are not allowed, something to do with grounding.
Other fields are only 10mins away, so I come home and charge, having 4 pl8's will have all the packs ready to go again in no time!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in