Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2008, 08:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default WARNING....PLEASE READ!!!!!

hey guys im just giving you guys a warning not to buy anything on ebay from the user "besthobbysite" or similar names.....it is a SCAM.....I ordered a copterX head and tail from them and today the listing and user has disappeared. I have opened a dispute with paypal and have to wait 5 days till i can escalate it to a claim so i will keep you informed, the deal was to good to be true.

Thanks, Daniel
legine is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2008, 08:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow! Good lookin' out!
Old 11-16-2008, 09:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hmmmm...U sure? did U contact them? Cuz I bought from them twice and everything was fine.

kianhon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2008, 09:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

well the user i bought from was actually "towerpro_servo" but his email was ebay@besthobbysite.com but he just replied in the paypal dispute centre saying he was sorry that there was no recored of my purchase and asked if i wanted a refund. i replied asking for a refund.
will let you know how it turns out.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

kianhon....could you please tell me the exact username of the guy you bought off?
there is a username "besthobbysite" who is a power seller and feedback more than 5000, i think this is the legitimate seller, there are others called "besthobbysite-au" and "besthobbysite4uk" ....i think those are dodgy ones.
Its all a bit fuzzy right now but hopefully ill get my refund.

Thanks, Daniel
Old 11-16-2008, 09:50 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by legine View Post
hey guys im just giving you guys a warning not to buy anything on ebay from the user "besthobbysite" or similar names.
I warned you remember? Just kidding The two listings were still there when I just checked - the $70.84 one and the $85.01 one. I still think you'd be better going to somewhere like http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...oducts_id=1847, even though a little more expensive. There's some good feedback about their service over at rcgroups - fairly quick delivery and well packaged.

BTW legine, if you're after any other belt parts I've been buying spares from an Aussie ebay'er and his service has been great. Postage is so cheap on most items I often buy just one thing at a time and not worry about the extra $2. PM me if you want more info. Know a good store for Tower Pro sg90's too.
harryrat is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2008, 10:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry I donno wats their username, bought from them a month or two ago. But I'm sure I bought from the powerseller.

kianhon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2008, 10:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by legine View Post
well the user i bought from was actually "towerpro_servo" but his email was ebay@besthobbysite.com but he just replied in the paypal dispute centre saying he was sorry that there was no recored of my purchase and asked if i wanted a refund. i replied asking for a refund.
will let you know how it turns out.
Read that again to yourself and analyse what exactly the proposed 'seller' said.....in other words...
"Sorry...you didn't buy a thing from me....but I'll give your cash back if ya want.. "..
Man ...is the world so clogged with dogdy people that people don't even realize when they are being 'had' ??
I've had nothing but good luck with it so far and will be carrying out another buy here in the next little bit...two purchases so far..from the good guys on THIS site with no hassles at all.
You need to really inspect your seller before you even think about buying online. I lookup the person long before I hit that "Send Amount" button...
Better safe then sorry.

Dave
Nitromethane is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2008, 11:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

well i think i just made a much bigger deal out of this than necessary, i just got my refund....i actually think all three "besthobbysite" users are the same, they just have different users for diff countries "besthobbysite-au" "besthobbysite4uk" and "besthobbysite" (US).
I dont know why the item disappeared, but im just glad i got my refund.

Thanks, Daniel

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in