Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > SR

SR Blade Helicopters (eFlite) SR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2012, 11:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default My overal upgrade on my SR

So i am a new SR pilot and I recently went on a little upgrade bing. I decided to purchase the xtreme fiber blades (in flashy orange), Got the G401B gyro, as well as two 1300aph 30C batters. I think this should be a decent over all upgrade for me to begin training on my SR. Any comments on what you guys think about these additions to the SR?! Im not looking for a performance machine just a decent helicopter to get my feet in the air and get used to flying a helicopter.
Hockeystud87 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2012, 12:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would get a CNC Swashplate, and a 10T gear
LancerV is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2012, 12:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancerV View Post
I would get a CNC Swashplate, and a 10T gear

Microheli swash has worked flawlessly for me for over a year so far.
Beam E4-(Scorpion HK-2221-6,11T pinion, Phoenix 60, HS65MG cyclics, GY520),120SR, Trex 250SE (stock) MH bottom plate,GY-520,Futaba R6106, MCPx,DX7se,Futaba 8FG Super, HPI Vorza on Futaba 4PL.Honda HS928K1TA
olemil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2012, 07:35 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Is there any 10t gears you would recommend!? The swash plate replacement is simply for prevention of swash separation correct!?
Old 02-14-2012, 08:03 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

The upgraded gyro helps a lot. As for the swash, yeah mostly for separation, but it allows a bit more cyclic too. I got 10T & 11T gears as eflite parts. Tougher landing gear than stock is useful too btw.

Jumna is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2012, 08:06 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeystud87 View Post
Is there any 10t gears you would recommend!? The swash plate replacement is simply for prevention of swash separation correct!?
I don't believe the upgraded swash can seperate, the best part about the swash upgrade is that its not made out of plastic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
nash2000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2012, 08:16 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hmm what's the difference between a 10t and 11t I'm hissing provides higher head speed due to gearing ratios? It doesn't seem to be to much for either part I wil look into it. Currently my flying consists of maintaing a hover and basic forward flight. I barley even fly backwards tepees my self.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:24 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeystud87 View Post
Hmm what's the difference between a 10t and 11t I'm hissing provides higher head speed due to gearing ratios? It doesn't seem to be to much for either part I wil look into it. Currently my flying consists of maintaing a hover and basic forward flight. I barley even fly backwards tepees my self.
Yes you are correct, the bigger the motor pinion the higher the head speed. The 10T pinion seems to be a sweet spot for the SR, I'm not sure I would run the stock SR head over 3k rpm (11T), but that's just my opinion. Just remember the higher the head speed, the faster the heli gets, ie cyclic and collective reaction. The Blade 400 uses the same 10T as the SR in case you can't find the SR pinion.
Beam E4-(Scorpion HK-2221-6,11T pinion, Phoenix 60, HS65MG cyclics, GY520),120SR, Trex 250SE (stock) MH bottom plate,GY-520,Futaba R6106, MCPx,DX7se,Futaba 8FG Super, HPI Vorza on Futaba 4PL.Honda HS928K1TA
olemil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2012, 10:45 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Don't forget the blade 400 landing gear.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in