Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room

Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Tips and how-To Videos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2011, 02:31 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ooops wrong thread

Last edited by BBRFST; 12-18-2011 at 04:18 PM..
BBRFST is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2011, 06:28 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Dear Santa,
All I want for Christmas is for Finless to finish the electronics and give his 6HV a maiden flight.
Oh yeah...and a Compass 6HV FBL (which is sitting under the tree).
DaFedMan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2011, 08:00 AM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

amen to that!!!!

Oops I allready have one....

Dutch Compass Maniac's
gevaho is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2011, 09:18 PM   #64 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Sorry guys.... It's still sitting here. I got SMALL HELI SYNDROME and just have not had time or the gumption to go at it. When I flew David's it was awesome but I have a feeling after flying nothing but helis smaller than a 450 for the last 6 months...... This power house would scare the crap out of me. Sorry to be a puss but life changes!

I am sure things will change again but by Xmas is not going to happen... Sorry

You guys with one under the tree, I know you will love it! Having flown a couple of them THIS heli rocks! I know mine would fly better though Kidding.....

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2011, 09:25 PM   #65 (permalink)
The Capi

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless View Post
I know mine would fly better though Kidding.....

Who is going to be piloting it then ??
Old 12-22-2011, 09:26 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bob,

Finish and fly your d@mn helicopter!

The 6HV is the best flying 600 on the planet (and I am trying to build and fly all of them)!

Do I need to come down there and get ugly?

(ok-you pointed out that I already was ugly, but you get the point...)
Old 12-22-2011, 09:32 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

well your videos have been a BIG help with my build the last 2 days
lets see a 7HV now

i would like to see how you have your cables run Finless if you could post a pic or 2 of that
thanks
AMA#948801
Elios000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2011, 09:55 PM   #68 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Sheesh man.. a post 5 minutes ago and all the peanut gallery comes out to play

Ack Med..... Not sure why you have not changed your handle to something more "I get it" but oh well.... BLOW ME

Capi.... I thought you were burned out? So now you drinking the Compass cool-aid?

Elios000.... I would shoot a picture if I was that far along! Alas I am not.

OK... OK.... guys, I will and I MEAN I WILL finish this after the holidays. Maybe if Capi with his PHD and new job came down to Cali and flew it (he should be able to afford flying to Cali now with all the money that PHD cost him and got a job worthy of a PHD), then we may have a video..... Ack Med fly's like me... LAME..... So if Capi came to cali and stopped being a whiner, we could do something. If I was to fly it now, trust me it would be LAME.....

Man... I guess I should not have posted... The peanut gallery was watching in full force tonight!

Bob
Old 12-22-2011, 09:59 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

thanks man
oh and if you need/want nicer looking horns for your servos
the Dubro HD horns work great the long horns last hole is RIGHT on 19.5
worked out great every thing 100 in the vbar set up

btw how far out is the ball on your tail servo?
AMA#948801
Old 12-22-2011, 10:14 PM   #70 (permalink)
The Capi

My HF Map location

I know this is going to sound lame coming from a rep and most will write it off to the usual rep/fanboy comments but since getting my pair of 6HV i have rediscovered my love of flying. I have actually been flying by myself (no one else seems to be winter flying this year here) out in the cold !!

It has taken me alittle time to get use to the light blade loading and FBL but i am really starting to have a ton of fun with these machines. The best way to describe the 6HV is unbreakable. With my former brand helis I always had to hold my flying back and I just didnt enjoy flying because there was always that fear in the back of my head that they would break (they did fly damn well but just weren't reliable).

When I first built my pair I was like "WTF, where did my money go ? This tail is a joke". But I stuck with it because the heli came highly recommended from the few ppl in this hobby who's opinion i trust (and yes Bob you are in that group... sometimes ). After my last few early flights with my 90 (the reason i left my previous sponsor) I was alittle burnt out and more than alittle pissed off. So for my maiden flight I decided that i didn't want to go through that same crap, so I would do my best to try and break the machine the first flight. If it was going to fail it was going to fail right away or never again. After it survived everything I could throw at it I was in love.

It took me awhile to learn the beastx setup and both machines aren't perfect yet but they are very flyable. Haven't had any real issues with either machine and I trust both of them almost as much as I trust my 3 year old 550 !! The only issues I've had with the 6HV are the small main shaft collars, I ended up using one of the larger ones from my V50 spares. Oh.... the stock dampers just don't work for me at all, I am using KBDD ones.

I usually end up modding my machine a lot to get them to work properly but this machine has almost none ! The only change I have had to do is to the canopy mounts. I used some of the break-away tabs from my V50 parts, this also allowed me to move the canopy posts forward, I was having a hell of a time getting this damned canopy on with the big arse gen aces. But Dave has told me they are coming out with a larger canopy soon (thank god for small miracles ).
Old 12-22-2011, 10:24 PM   #71 (permalink)
The Capi

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless View Post
OK... OK.... guys, I will and I MEAN I WILL finish this after the holidays. Maybe if Capi with his PHD and new job came down to Cali and flew it (he should be able to afford flying to Cali now with all the money that PHD cost him and got a job worthy of a PHD), then we may have a video..... Ack Med fly's like me... LAME..... So if Capi came to cali and stopped being a whiner, we could do something. If I was to fly it now, trust me it would be LAME.....

Haha you guys had the event my 2nd week of my brand spanking just out of school job ! Never mind the fact it has taken me 5 months to pay off the student debt of nearly 9 years of schooling ! I will come down next year for sure (unless somehow I can afford a house at the same time the event is being held).

BTW. Not sure what statistic you are working off but Phd's are horribly underpaid. To be honest I don't think I will ever recover financially from doing a Phd (vs just an MASc). Doing a Phd has to be something that you want to do, do NOT do one because you think you will make any more money. Of course I only did mine so I could win every argument regardless of how wrong I am with "I'm a doctor".
Old 12-22-2011, 11:10 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

Capi,

I hope you come out to the HF FF next year.

I would be cool to meet you in person and see you fly sir!
Old 12-22-2011, 11:12 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

why wait till then he should come down for IRCHA
AMA#948801
Old 12-22-2011, 11:13 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

But I can't get to IRCHA!
Old 12-22-2011, 11:15 PM   #75 (permalink)
The Capi

My HF Map location

Not sure I'll go to IRCHA this year, none of the support or chat guys are going, pointless for me to head down there.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:44 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Finless you know I'll break it in for you and enjoy it, after all your Atom 500 popped my Compass cherry and I haven't looked back yet.
Old 12-23-2011, 12:02 AM   #77 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Capi, your long winded post. Damn PHD's have to write a dissertation
Thank you "a little bit" for trusting my opinion. One thing you MAY have noticed is I never had a flying vid or a comment on a certain heli. Hmmm... I wonder why that is
I had failures and honestly did not want to pursue it anymore. Compass stuff has worked for me ALWAYS... The 90 they had was a bit of trouble but not something I would have thrown out. Anyway I know you know, that I know, that you know, what I am talking about

Ack Med.... How do you say that anyway? Accccckkkkk FLEMMMMM Med, whatever...

This video will give you a laugh and your user name reminds me of this EVERY time!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DIjhOz5gIE[/ame]

Bob
Old 01-23-2012, 04:45 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

so what about replacing the bearings and belt and stuff out of precaution? after how many flights should i do this?
Old 02-14-2012, 06:41 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

6HV nearing 2yrs of service, replaced appropriate bearings when crashed (once per summer) other bearings never changed. Original belt and going strong. Only wear part was ball links, especially on tail after 200 flights.
Cullen Colapietro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in