Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Futaba Radios and Electronics > 2.4G Futaba Radios

2.4G Futaba Radios Futaba 2.4G Radio Help and support forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2011, 09:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Futaba telemetry sensors

Any news on what we can expect and when?
Kasama Srimok 90N with cyber head
ozsteel is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2012, 12:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Last I saw in the US Tower was listing them as late February
Old 01-18-2012, 11:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Robbe have released information on new Robbe/Futaba telemetry products such as the Telemetry and Wi-Fi Rx-Box, several sensors and two new FASSTest technology receivers. The 2.4GHz Telemetry Box has an internal receiver to receive the telemetry data from the aircraft. It displays the given parameters on a large back-lit display and via voice output and also has adjustable limits that are indicated via voice signals. The box works with the R7008SB and R6308SBT receivers and is updatable via USB plug.
The Wi-Fi Rx-Box sports a similar technology as the Telemetry-Box but no display as it sends the gathered information to a smart phone. The box is powered by the transmitter’s trainer plug and is ideal to equip any FASST radio with telemetry technology. The needed App for iOS and Android phones is currently in development. Along with the display boxes come several sensors such as a the Vario-Altitude-Sensor, GPS-Multi-Sensor, Vario-Sensor and Temperature-Sensor as well as the R6308SBT and R7008SB receiver. The 18-channel receivers are designed to be used with the FASST and FASSTest transmitting technology, are HV/2S LiPo compatible and support S.Bus2 technology. is this what you was asking for
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Futaba-TelemetryBox.jpg
Views:	1970
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	281992   Click image for larger version

Name:	Futaba-GPSSensor.jpg
Views:	1077
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	281993   Click image for larger version

Name:	FutabaR6308SBT.jpg
Views:	6236
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	281994   Click image for larger version

Name:	FutabaR7008SB.jpg
Views:	1007
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	281995   Click image for larger version

Name:	Futaba-TempSensor.jpg
Views:	1207
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	281996  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Futaba-VarioAltitudeSensor.jpg
Views:	808
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	281997   Click image for larger version

Name:	Futaba-VarioSensor.jpg
Views:	959
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	281998   Click image for larger version

Name:	Futaba-WiFiBox.jpg
Views:	2825
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	281999  
Old 01-19-2012, 04:34 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Exciting news!

Still doesn't explicitly answer the question on whether FASST radios (like the T8FG) will natively support telemetry output on the screen (rather than through the add on).
boltor is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2012, 07:52 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

From a selling point, I would think Futaba would not have the T8FG be able to view from the internal screen unless they can sell you some sort of attachment to plug into the unit.
Viper16 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2012, 02:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

boltor,

In one of the PDF files at Robbe website about telemetry there is an interview with Frank Schwartz, head of marketing department at robbe (Futaba in Europe).

http://www.robbe.de/content_global/p...Telemetrie.pdf

Use Google translator to translate what You want.

Modell AVIATOR:
Kann ich auch meine alten FASSTSender auf das neue Telemetriesystem umrüsten?

Frank Schwartz:
Eine Umrüstung der FASST-Sender, sodass die Telemetriedaten auf dem Sender empfangen und im Display des Senders angezeigt werden können, ist bisher nicht vorgesehen. Wir bieten allerdings mit der Telemetry- und WIFI-Box zwei sehr gute Möglichkeiten an, auch mit bestehenden FASST-Sendern die Vorteile der
robbe/Futaba-Telemetrie uneingeschränkt zu nutzen.

In English:

Model Aviator:
Can I upgrade my old FASST transmitter to the new telemetry system?

Frank Schwartz:
An upgrade of the FASST transmitters so that the telemetry data received at the transmitter is shown on it's display is not provided. We do however with the Telemetry- and WIFI-Box provide two very good solutions for existing FASST-transmitters to take advantage of robbe/Futaba-telemetry without restriction.

I have a Futaba 14MZ myself and it is kind of bad I must attach an external Telemetry-Box or WIFI-Box (for smartphones) to the transmitter. We must of course buy new FASST/FASSTest hybrid receiver(s) also. I wonder if Futaba will release new TM-14 2.4 GHz transmitter modules for 14 MZ that support FASSTest and that way be able to display telemetry in TX own display? I suppose this solution will not be for existing 14 MZ, but in near future new from factory delivered 14 MZ (and other TX) will have FASSTest built in already from factory and then telemetry will be displayed in transmitter own display (I suppose).

Here You can see what the Telemetry-Box, receivers, sensors etc will cost approx:

http://www.robbe.de/rc-fernsteuerung...elemetrie.html

For me it will be about €280 (Euro) = US $360 for the Telemetry-Box and the R6308SBT FASST/FASSTest hybrid receiver. That is alot of money.

/Bo
bossee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2012, 02:11 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The fact that Futaba is soooo slow with Telemetry and the fact that it appearantly is not going to be natively supported drives me away from futaba. Only reaon I stick with Futaba at this point is the absolute flawless and stable glitch-free model / radio connection (The best there is imho) and the fact that I own 5 receivers that have to be replaced if I am to switch brands. Other than that they are falling behind.
spektrex is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2012, 07:38 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Falling behind, or making sure its right when its out?

If you remember, Futaba was 'falling behind' when Spektrum first came out with 2.4 (although Futaba 2.4 technology had been being used for 15 years in the industrial crane industry).
Old 01-25-2012, 07:48 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It is already out there, 2 way communication already exists so they sure take things easy... And added to that the feedback is less critical than model / radio connection robustness. I can't quite understand it, even Graupner has telemetry in their *very* cheap radios.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:05 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,
I started to fly RC in 1973/1974. So far I have not really felt urgent need for telemetry - nice to have but not really needed if you ask me. I use Futaba for a few reasons: robust, very reliable transmission and generally good quality. Telemetry on Futaba is a bonus I welcome but it is kind of high price tag to add it to an existing FASST futaba radio if you ask me. If Futaba would release new 2.4 GHz TX modules with FASSTest so no external telemetry boxes needed on the radios that has LCD display so telemetrydata could be displayed in radios own display then I would feel more comfortable to add telemetry to my 14MZ. I do not like to need to add external telemetry box so that is probably why I will wait to get telemetry until I need a new (Futaba maybe) radio in a couple of years.

/Bo
Old 02-03-2012, 02:55 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

This file seems to say that the 8FG, 14MZ, 12FG and 40FX are updatable to use native telemetry and that all other FASST radios can use the external display.
http://reinerfuchs.re.funpic.de/PDF/...ion%282%29.pdf
It is intriguing when they release information to half of the world and not everyone else... It makes it all so much harder to know what is actually happening.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:52 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinator9 View Post
This file seems to say that the 8FG, 14MZ, 12FG and 40FX are updatable to use native telemetry and that all other FASST radios can use the external display.
The interview is much more recent than that rather old presentation.

I suspect that Robbe jumped the gun a bit in releasing information last year that had not been fully 'approved' for general distribution and a few details didn't make it into the final marketing position.

I'm actually not all that disappointed with the idea of an external box as the display on the 8FG really isn't big enough for this sort of data, so as long as the radio doesn't become unwieldy with the box attached it could be a good way to go.

Now if I'd invested in a 14MZ I might feel a little differently I guess .
MarkT is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2012, 11:40 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,

I think Robbe mean that gradually new produced transmitters will get FAASTest, FAAST, FHSS and with telemetrydata displayed in transmitter own display with sound also possible. They will get integrated 2.4 GHz and by that I think they mean no modules is needed for the new produced 12Z, 12FG, 14MZ, FX40.

Page 8 in PDF (in german):
Sukzessiver update der FASST Sender auf:
• FASSTEST
• FASST
• FHSS
• Integrierte Telemetrie mit Anzeige im Display, Tonausgabe etc.
• Integriertes 2,4 GHz

So I think now existing old Futaba transmitters that use modules, like 12Z, 12FG, 14MZ, FX40 will not get FAASTest transmitter 2.4 GHz modules so they will be forced to use external telemetry-box or WIFI-box. If that is true I personally do not like it (I have a 14MZ) but not much to do about it in such case - skip telemetry, get external telemetry-box or WIFI box or get a new Futaba transmitter that has built in telemetry from factory.

/Bo
Old 12-13-2012, 11:34 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Has anyone used these Robbe/Futaba telemetry sensors with their 18MZ here in the U.S.?
Futaba still not having these available here in abundance has me looking at these as an alternative but its a costly crap shoot unless someone can confirm they work?
Thanks,
David
Rajun151 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2012, 01:27 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Answering my own question, I heard back from Robbe and they said all of their telemetry sensors will work with U.S. 18MZ radios.. Looks like I'm about to order some from them... Shipping fees are ridiculous but I guess I'll have to pay to finally play with the sensors they've been teasing us with for the better part of 2012.
Rajun151 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2013, 07:41 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Even now telemetry is very limited. I decided to go with IISI.COM instead: http://www.google.nl/url?sa=t&rct=j&...42965579,d.d2k

It works like a charm and measures drawn current so you'll be able to *always* land safely @ 20% capacity

Also, RPM is measured with one small wire to 1 brushless phase, it calculates RPM by taking the gear:ratio. Very nice and cheap solution.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:01 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

You can use the Jlog2 in combination with a few different ESCs to pull telemetry data from your ESC to a telemetry capable Futaba radio.

Personally I switched to Jeti so that I didm't have to buy any sensors. There is also a soft ware interface to download all of the recordings after flight. I get the following parameters with voice announced alarms and limited real time graphing.

Battery Voltage
BEC output
BEC Amp draw
Capacity (MAH consumed)
ESC Temp
RPM
Actual Run Time
PWM input data
Rx Voltage
BustedRaptor77 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in