Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters

Mikado Logo Helicopters Mikado Logo Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2012, 11:04 PM   #421 (permalink)
Registered Users

So today when Kyle got home from school, and after some XFC and 3DM practice, I twisted his arm into trying to quickly set-up a low head speed (we were running out of daylight). I'll try and get something on video this weekend, but here's the initial deal.

Changing no equipment on the heli, only lowering the throttle setting, we got 1250 with no problem. After some initial flying, we had to up the V-Bar's governor gain to hold that low head speed under collective loads, and ended-up going all the way up to 100. But once there, the head speed held pretty good.

In the short time Kyle had to fly the heli, it performed the usual 3D stuff, just slower, and smoother by necessity. The tail held fine, and during stationary hover, the heli was completely stable with no bobbles.

Kyle only flew the heli for about 3 minutes total, as by then he was flying in the dark. The two 6S 5000mah batteries took 829 and 816 mah's respectively back in charge, so you do the math. But in all fairness, the flight wasn't stressing the heli much, and I wouldn't expect the heli to go over 10 minutes being flown at the limits of its performance for those 10 minutes.

Hopefully I'll get some video this weekend.

(-: Dave
dahld is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2012, 11:17 PM   #422 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quite impressive! What do you consider was being stressed? ESC?

Banshee #27, 2x TDR, Diabolo, Logo 690SX, Raptor E700, JR Sylphide E12 EX Super Gracy, Voodoo 600, Voodoo 400, Logo 550SE, Logo 400SE, JR Forza 450. Mikado Vcontrol.
marcosp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2012, 11:18 PM   #423 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oh, miss read, was NOT stressing hehehe.

Banshee #27, 2x TDR, Diabolo, Logo 690SX, Raptor E700, JR Sylphide E12 EX Super Gracy, Voodoo 600, Voodoo 400, Logo 550SE, Logo 400SE, JR Forza 450. Mikado Vcontrol.
marcosp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2012, 12:26 AM   #424 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yea, I just meant the maneuvers flown we 3D type maneuvers, but not performed very aggressively (at least as aggressive as you can get at 1250 head speed)

Old 06-09-2012, 08:05 AM   #425 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dave that's awesome

That's what I was looking for in a 700. With Mikado's VBar bank switching I can literally just flip a switch and change from fying smack to smooth 3D with lower headspeeds. The Logo 700 is about to join my fleet.

Luis
Old 06-09-2012, 03:20 PM   #426 (permalink)
Registered Users

Dear Dave!

Has The Logo 600SX the same long boom as LOGO 600SE?

Thx,
Laci
Trader is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2012, 03:23 PM   #427 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader View Post
Dear Dave!

Has The Logo 600SX the same long boom as LOGO 600SE?

Thx,
Laci
Same as 600 3D
Old 06-12-2012, 06:38 PM   #428 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Dave,

Is the Scorpion ESC on this picture the V5 130A? If it is, Seems the external pre-charge circuit was removed. Is it ok to do that? Is the inrush current going to impair/deteriorate the capacitors?

I just bought a Scorpion 130A esc, really don't like the external pre-charge circuit. I want to remove it if it is ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kouasupra View Post
Thanks!

Old 06-12-2012, 08:36 PM   #429 (permalink)
Registered Users

Q: Is it OK to remove the pre-charge circuit on the Scorp 130?

I think you'd better not rely on my answer, as what we do sometimes is not what the manufacturer suggests In this case, I don't know what Scorpion has to say on the issue. We remove the circuit, and haven't suffered any issues other than the spark on plug-in (and the wear on the connectors as a result)...but that doesn't mean in the long run, it's "OK" to do it.

I say "in the long run", as we have played with the Scorp 130, but haven't logged hundreds and hundreds of flights on one to prove it matters not.

Old 06-13-2012, 01:12 AM   #430 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahld View Post
Changing no equipment on the heli, only lowering the throttle setting, we got 1250 with no problem. After some initial flying, we had to up the V-Bar's governor gain to hold that low head speed under collective loads, and ended-up going all the way up to 100. But once there, the head speed held pretty good.
Hi Dave

How high is your governor gain for 1950rpms ?
swalko is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2012, 07:11 AM   #431 (permalink)
Registered Users

Q: "How high is your governor gain for 1950rpms ?"

A: 30.

Old 06-13-2012, 11:29 AM   #432 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you Dave, that is the answer I need. I actually prefer to replace the capacitors after they degrade rather than need to use the external circuit every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahld View Post
Q: Is it OK to remove the pre-charge circuit on the Scorp 130?

I think you'd better not rely on my answer, as what we do sometimes is not what the manufacturer suggests In this case, I don't know what Scorpion has to say on the issue. We remove the circuit, and haven't suffered any issues other than the spark on plug-in (and the wear on the connectors as a result)...but that doesn't mean in the long run, it's "OK" to do it.

I say "in the long run", as we have played with the Scorp 130, but haven't logged hundreds and hundreds of flights on one to prove it matters not.

Old 06-19-2012, 09:14 AM   #433 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Logo 700 at the XFC

I guess it's on topic in this thread to discuss the performance of the Logo 700, as the issue has been bantered about in the thread fairly often, with the question about what kind of performance you can expect to receive with the model.

I'm not going to get into the "better or worse" between the various models available, as they all have their strengths and weaknesses. I'm just putting forth the video below as an example of what a potential Logo 700 purchaser can expect from the machine.

There will be other vids hitting the screens shortly by others who covered the XFC. But the vid below is one of the first I've seen of the Logo 700 at the event that's fairly decent.

The flight includes the three "known" (required) maneuvers, which are a piro flipping loop with piro direction changes after each piro, a cuban 8 with roll direction and forward to backwards flight piro on the 45 degree down lines, and the piro globe with piro direction changes at the top and bottom of each loop.

Set-up is 4525-520kv motor on 12S 5000mah, YGE 160, V-Bar gov, 1970 head speed, +/- 14 degrees collective, 713mm main blades, 105mm tail blades, and mah's used during the flight was about 3850mah. Flights are required to be 4 minutes in length.

Kyle Dahl XFC 2012 (4 min 3 sec)

(BTW, speaking of mah's used during the 4 minute lights, there were pilots at the competition (who will remain nameless), that were putting back almost 100% of their battery's capacity to get the performance of their models on display at the competition for the four minutes required. I say this to point out that the set-up of the Logo 700 in the vid is a "real world" set-up, with performance the average guy can expect without destroying equipment to get it....not an unrealistic set-up a sponsored pilot can afford to run in order to "hype" the model to the consumer).
Old 06-19-2012, 07:58 PM   #434 (permalink)
Registered Users

Dave, that video displays the power, precision and smoothness, totally awesome fying of both Kyle and the Logo 700

Wow, 3850! Can't wait to order mine. Thanks for sharing the video and setup.

Will the 700 come equipped with the motor and ESC similar to the 800? I can't seem to get a hold of the Scorpion motor mentioned in the setup. They are mostly out of stock 98% of the time. Was that the Ultimate version?

Luis
Old 06-19-2012, 08:21 PM   #435 (permalink)
Registered Users

Q: "Will the 700 come equipped with the motor and ESC similar to the 800?"

A: Yes, you will be able to buy the heli with the Scorpion 4525-520 Ultimate motor and the YGE 160 ESC in a combo. Not sure about the blades being included, but if they are, they will likely be the Edge 713's and 105 tails. Of course the V-Bar will be included.

Whether Mikado will initially offer the heli in kit form only, that I don't know.

And yes, the motor in the video is the Scorpion "Ultimate".

Old 06-19-2012, 10:51 PM   #436 (permalink)
Registered Users

What servos were used in Kyle's 700?
Old 06-20-2012, 12:21 AM   #437 (permalink)
Registered Users

Q; "What servos were used..."

A: JR 8925's on the cyclic, and JR MP82GWV Brushless HV on the tail, all powered direct from a 2S 1350mah battery. The heli uses on average 200 mah's per flight.

Old 06-20-2012, 12:49 AM   #438 (permalink)
Registered Users

Embedding the video for you Dave :-)

hope 3D masters practice is going well. kyle had the time machine going really nicely last time i saw you guys!
Old 06-20-2012, 12:08 PM   #439 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Reggie.

Someday I'll figure out how to do that....

Kyle's working with some stiffer dampeners and a modified head yoke since we got home from the XFC. The combination is flying real well, and the machine and the V-Bar like it. I'm thinkin' we might recommend Mikado go with it for production...(although I think they've already figured it out on their own)

Old 06-24-2012, 02:48 PM   #440 (permalink)
Registered Users

Dear Dave!

What is the biggest main blade size on LOGO600 SX?

Thanx,
Laci
Trader is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in