Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X

mCP X Blade Micro CPx Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2013, 11:48 AM   #421 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasond1979 View Post
Hi I was trying to do the clean part, it worked but as I was trying to put it back together I got sloppy and lost three of four of the little screws that hold the servo to the circuit board.

Does anyone know where I can purchase replacement screws? Also wats the best technique for putting it back together, did you use something to hold it while you were screwing it back together?

Thanks

Jason
I think I have some extras floating around. PM me your address and I'll send some to you.

Easiest way to put it back together is to lay it servo side down on a towel and lay the PC board on top of it. Line up the holes, gently press down on the board and then install one screw at a time. Use an old car stereo magnet to magnetize the tip of your screw driver to hold the screw on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2013, 12:36 PM   #422 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the quick feedback. I will give you a PM
jasond1979 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2013, 05:12 AM   #423 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had a vib. that was bad bearings.. Not sure if that was mentioned, but I replaced/ eliminated everything else that would normally be the cause.
BWX_ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2013, 11:59 PM   #424 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbader1 View Post
After reading throughout this whole thread, here is what I've gathered on possible causes and fixes:

1) Servo pcb strips have dirt/carbon buildup. Clean using isopropyl alcohol or deoxit(cleans and lubes), deoxit gold(protects), deoxit f5fader(clean,lube, and protect for black carbon strip)

2) Use mCP X full canopy grommets on front aileron & pitch swash balls and half canopy grommets on rear elevator swash ball. Even on V2, replace the single o-rings on the front aileron & pitch swash balls...the single o-ring on rear elevator swash ball is okay

3) Main rotor hub dampeners are worn or not seated properly...replace

3) Feathering shaft is loose or bent...tighten or replace

4) Main shaft has up and down play...pop main gear back up

5) Main gear spun on main shaft...make sure flat spots aligned

6) Main shaft cracked...replace

7) Main shaft bearings worn...replace

8) Servo horns on pushrods...plastic holes connecting to swash balls are worn from crashes creating play in connection...replace pushrods

9) Servo retaining nuts on top of servos are loose...tighten by holding gear and turning nut at same time

11) Blade grip bearings...replace

12) Slop in blade grips...replace or use rubber band holding blade grips tight together or add shims

13) Blades unbalanced...balance using toothpick method and adding strips of tape to blade

14) Low headspeed - cycle batteries and cycle motor(brushes need to wear in shape of commutator)

15) Rebind 2-3 ft away, unplug battery, turn off Tx...then turn on Tx and then place mcp X on flat surface immediately after plugging in battery

Yep this sums it up -- lol
Mikado Logo 700/Synergy 516\Vbar Vcontrol Touch/Neo/RCHN #612 IRCHA#5289
Iskareot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2013, 12:00 AM   #425 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWX_ View Post
I had a vib. that was bad bearings.. Not sure if that was mentioned, but I replaced/ eliminated everything else that would normally be the cause.

I assume mine has that, I had parts for all other things. Shaft bearings... but after 200 flights anything can happen.
Mikado Logo 700/Synergy 516\Vbar Vcontrol Touch/Neo/RCHN #612 IRCHA#5289
Iskareot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2013, 01:56 AM   #426 (permalink)
Registered Users

I notice a slight amount of slop in main shaft bearing after 5 flights, and no crashes, and I lubed the bearings too.

I think they might just be garbage! I got the Blade heli brand.. I wonder if other companies make them, or have a different supplier for them.
BWX_ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2013, 06:03 PM   #427 (permalink)
Registered Users

Worked like a charm. The shakes had gotten to be continuous, so I cleaned one actuator and it almost went away. Then I cleaned the one on the other side and the shaking is completely gone now.

Roger
Roger Fowler is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2013, 06:09 PM   #428 (permalink)
Registered Users

Blade balancing: Most likely caused by hitting things with the blade tips. Clean up the damaged tip with sandpaper. Then sand the opposite tip to match. And do recheck the balance and re-sand as necessary to bring them back in balance.

Roger
Roger Fowler is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2013, 09:07 PM   #429 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Mine shakes, but only when I bog the headspeed down. I can do plenty of 3D but if I bog down the headspeed, the heli will shake so bad the skids will vibrate off, and the canopy as well!
BladeScraper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2014, 10:00 AM   #430 (permalink)
Registered Users

Never underestimate the power of cleaning these linear servos! Mine had developed a severe case of the shakes. A few minutes with Deoxit and Deoxit Gold (in that order) did the trick. It's flying like a new bird.
Ric66 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2014, 07:25 PM   #431 (permalink)
Registered Users

Finally got around to cleaning the old bird. Very smooth now. The Deoxit really makes short work of the cleaning process
ToddMcF2002 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2014, 11:13 PM   #432 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddMcF2002 View Post
Finally got around to cleaning the old bird. Very smooth now. The Deoxit really makes short work of the cleaning process
Love Deoxit! My 2 birds are approaching 2 years old and have not once had to disassemble a servo for cleaning. The stuff is worth its weight in gold. Since then its saved me on many other electronic applications too.
Old 06-26-2014, 06:22 PM   #433 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just tried to fly my mcpx after about 2 years of not flying and the left servo jumps about and down rapidly by itself when I apply positive or negative pitch I'm not sure what would cause this any suggestions?
timmyd463229 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2014, 06:52 PM   #434 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyd463229 View Post
I just tried to fly my mcpx after about 2 years of not flying and the left servo jumps about and down rapidly by itself when I apply positive or negative pitch I'm not sure what would cause this any suggestions?
Sounds like the servo needs cleaning. See the post immediately above yours re Deoxit. You can get it at radio shack.
Old 06-26-2014, 07:02 PM   #435 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: Vibration or shakes? CHECK THIS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mejmea View Post
Sounds like the servo needs cleaning. See the post immediately above yours re Deoxit. You can get it at radio shack.
OK sounds good I'll try that I have that stuff I just wanted to get some opinions thank u
timmyd463229 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in