Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mSR X

mSR X Blade Micro SRX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2014, 11:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default msrx heli spinning fast anti cloakwise without taking off

Hi everyone.
I am fairly new to this hobby and would appreciate any help you can give me with my MSRX . As I apply a little throttle for take off, the heli will begin to rotate and as you increase power the faster it spins anti clockwise and eventually crashes without taking off. The tail rotar blade is rotating. It has been flying well for quite a while and the batteries are near enough new. So I am beginning to think that the tail motor is beginning to fail. I would greatly appreciate your comments or your confirmation to a possible motor failure. Many thanks
heliflyman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2014, 04:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

If the rotating began after a crash, verify the pin on the rear of the swash plate is in the horseshoe shaped guide.

It can even become dislodged during a rough landing that you might not consider a "crash".

ND
NeverDone is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2014, 01:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Have a close look at the tail blade for signs of damage and check that it's not loose on the shaft, the shaft's not bent, there's no hair or other debris around the shaft and that the blade isn't pushed on so far it binds against the motor. It should spin easily and smoothly if you blow on it.

If the motor's been disconnected recently for any reason, check it's definitely not plugged in backwards.

If that doesn't find the problem, you may have a dying tail motor.
Buzzfly BE (aka Walkera 4#3B)
wulfrun is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2014, 01:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Many thanks for your comments. I have checked that the pin on the swash plate is fitted correctly and I have replaced the tail motor assembly but the problem still persists. Any other suggestions to fix the problem would be greatly appreciated.Thanks
Old 09-09-2014, 02:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Many thanks wulfrun and NeverDone for your comments. I have checked that the pin on the swash plate is fitting correctly and have now replaced the tail motor assembly but I still have the same problem of rapid anti clock wise rotation of the heli. Iam not sure what the next step is. Any further help will be gratefully received.
Old 09-09-2014, 08:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had the swash pin jump out of the guide on mine, that's why I offered that.

I haven't had any other problems with the tail rotor, but did read something once that the main board can go bad (tail rotor fet?)

Maybe someone could chime in.
NeverDone is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2014, 08:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is the tail rotor blade on the right way? Maybe try a new rotor blade, the one you're using could be cracked and slipping. Is your rudder trim or sub trim all the way over possibly?
Old 09-09-2014, 08:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sounds like the motor plug is reversed...worth a try and it's free...just unplug the tail motor plug and flip it around and plug it back in
JonJet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2014, 05:30 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks wulfrun and JonJet and everyone for your helpful comments .Have just checked the tail motor connector that fits to the main board and now realise that at some stage I must have fitted it incorrectly even though they are both marked red. It just shows you how important it is to check and check again when fault finding. The heli is once again fly great with no problems. Thanks to everyone for your help and valued comments. I am a happy flyer again.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in