Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > SAB Goblin 630/700/770

SAB Goblin 630/700/770 SAB Heli Division 630/700/770 - Goblin Helicopters Factory Support

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2015, 04:29 PM   #301 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboss View Post
Urukay vs Warbird..............urukay wins !

yesterday at our local flying field one of the scale dummies with his 35% Zero tried to remove my heli from the sky. didn't work and I was able to out fly his dumbazz and after 4 horror filled minutes of running from the madman I went off on him in the pits.
only thing keeping me from beating the moron to a pulp was the club president.
scale guy was confronted by officials and may face suspension for his flying .
moral of this story is Urukay is friggen fast !!! faster than a warturd for sure and I love flying that heli.
Nice.
Warturd
That's one of my best moves when I have someone who hasn't seen one fly before. Pull up to a nice calm hover, pitch it forward and pull in a handful of collective flying straight out.
It just disappears.
I always get a "MAN" or another expletive that I can't print here, followed by "I had no idea".
Yup they are fast.
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2015, 05:26 PM   #302 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Urukay vs Warbird..............urukay wins !

yesterday at our local flying field one of the scale dummies with his 35% Zero tried to remove my heli from the sky. didn't work and I was able to out fly his dumbazz and after 4 horror filled minutes of running from the madman I went off on him in the pits.
only thing keeping me from beating the moron to a pulp was the club president.
scale guy was confronted by officials and may face suspension for his flying .
moral of this story is Urukay is friggen fast !!! faster than a warturd for sure and I love flying that heli.
I think Ray Velcoro would have something for that:
DX9|#652
earhythmic is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2015, 07:14 PM   #303 (permalink)
OC Helifreak

nice
Mamba DA70
Airboss is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2015, 04:59 PM   #304 (permalink)
OC Helifreak

Default Urukay success

logged many flight 50+ and have this heli dialed in . what a sweet flying machine , it does everything well and then accelerates to 80mph in the blink of an eye.
a few weeks back I scraped the mains on a landing and cracked one blade. they were replaced and this weekend I noticed a vibe (skid shake) and was thinking that main shaft has to be tweeked.
what about it ?
Mamba DA70
Old 08-02-2015, 06:26 PM   #305 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
logged many flight 50+ and have this heli dialed in . what a sweet flying machine , it does everything well and then accelerates to 80mph in the blink of an eye.
a few weeks back I scraped the mains on a landing and cracked one blade. they were replaced and this weekend I noticed a vibe (skid shake) and was thinking that main shaft has to be tweeked.
what about it ?
On main blade contact with the ground, I would check the main shaft and bearings, grip spindles and the derlin dampers for inner hole deformation. And probably grip bearings and thrust bearings......
Velos 880/Sab Urukay, KSE, Carbon Speed/Mikado Uvular/RCA Blackshark/Chaos 500 Evo, 550, 600, 700/Trex 500, 600, 600 Pro, 700/Roban 470 Cobra, 700 Apache, Cobra, 429, Jayhawk, 800 Airwolf/TFM 800 Blue Thunder, Seahawk, Jayhawk/ DX8 DX18QQ
treotraveler is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2015, 10:31 PM   #306 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question about shims and preload on the blade grips.

Now that I have a bunch of flights on this bird I noticed that one blade grip's preload was a little looser than the others. I took it apart and added one additional shim and preload is perfect just like the others. However I now have 3 shims in this one blade grip, the others have 2. Am I going to run into any issues? I doubt I will but figured I'd ask.
DX9|#652
Old 08-26-2015, 10:08 PM   #307 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by earhythmic View Post
Question about shims and preload on the blade grips.

Now that I have a bunch of flights on this bird I noticed that one blade grip's preload was a little looser than the others. I took it apart and added one additional shim and preload is perfect just like the others. However I now have 3 shims in this one blade grip, the others have 2. Am I going to run into any issues? I doubt I will but figured I'd ask.
I don't believe so. I did exactly the same thing and put some 10 flights on it after that and no short term issues. Even long term I don't expect any issues as each blade is independently dampened. We are only talking 0.1 - 0 .2 mm which is nothing. That would get gobbled up in blade length tolerances.
Old 08-30-2015, 04:10 PM   #308 (permalink)
Registered Users

Put a couple flights on it since unevenly shimming, all went well! I actually didn't even remember I did it until just now. Guess I was way more worried about the newly installed BEC
DX9|#652
Old 09-03-2015, 09:01 PM   #309 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey folks... Been following this thread as it seems to be the only relevant thread for the Urukay. I just picked up a kit with 2 bladed head. Getting ready to start building and this is what i'm looking at for my setup, looking for your feedback and opinions if you dont mind:

Scorpion HKIII 4035-560kv
CC Edge 160HV
Savox 1267sg cyclics
Savox 2272 HV rudder servo
Pulse 2350 Rx pack
Glacier 4000mah 30C 12S sticks

I already own the 4000mah Glacier packs. Do i need to run 5000mah packs? I would really like to be able to use these on both the 630 and Urukay but i will spring for 5000mah packs if I need. Also thoughts on this motor for this bird?

SAB Urukay HPS-3 Brain || Kraken700 || Goblin 650BT Ikon || X380 Ikon || Trex500 Pro Ikon
Angelo A is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2015, 09:22 PM   #310 (permalink)
Registered Users

What style of flying are you looking at? The 4035 is a light weight and efficient motor, several people at the F3C world champs used them including the winner so it is more than capable for that task.

If you are looking at lower headspeed sport, 3D or F3C flying you should be fine going smaller than 5000mah packs but I would say 4500mah would be better than 4000mah, you will probably find you might have balance problems as well as short flights if you go that small. Seeing you have 4000mah already then give them a try and see before you buy new packs.

//Dennis.
Thunder Fighter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2015, 06:15 AM   #311 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the response. I don't do any hard flying, smooth mild 3d and sport flying mostly. I felt the motor wouldn't be an issue so thanks for the reassurance. But I have a feeling the packs are going to be too light. They're almost too light in the 630! I'll give them a try and see how it goes though.

SAB Urukay HPS-3 Brain || Kraken700 || Goblin 650BT Ikon || X380 Ikon || Trex500 Pro Ikon
Old 09-06-2015, 05:15 AM   #312 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I am just awaiting delivery of my urukay 3 bladed, I already have two spare motors:-
Scorpion HKIII 4030 530kv
Kontronik 700 520Kv

and a Kontronik powerjive 120+ esc

I was just about to purchase a new motor (Xnova 4350 500Kv) & esc (YGE 160Hv)
Will my existing hardware be suitable for sporst flying & mild 3d?

Thanks
Vetequk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2015, 11:58 AM   #313 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Tail slider binding

I'm into the build on my Urukay and I'm running into an issue. The tall pitch slider seems to bind when I tighten the screws connecting the bell crank to the slider. I can back them off somewhat and it gets sorta better but it just doesn't feel right even after lubing the shaft.

I took extra care in assembly and the only part that I'm not feeling good about is the area where the links connect to the balls on the tail blade grips. They don't sit perfectly flat (parallel) to the grip. Seems to have a bit of a twist on the links. I'm reading the manual again to see if I missed anything but I don't think so. I was not liberal with loctite and I apply to the threads not the screws so I don't think it's a loctite causing binding problem.

The bell crank moves very freely on its own. When I disconnect the links to the grips they move perfectly and the slider slides smoothly. When I join everything it just feels rough and binds near the bearing. Any thoughts!?

Old 09-06-2015, 08:39 PM   #314 (permalink)
Registered Users

First thought is the tail case is slightly out of square. There's were discussions about it hidden somewhere in this thread. Slowly tighten a screw at a time and double check that the slider moves free. If not, loosen, realign/twist. Repeat until all screws are tight and the slider still moves free. Takes maybe 10 minutes or so the first time.
DX9|#652
Old 09-06-2015, 09:38 PM   #315 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by earhythmic View Post
First thought is the tail case is slightly out of square. There's were discussions about it hidden somewhere in this thread. Slowly tighten a screw at a time and double check that the slider moves free. If not, loosen, realign/twist. Repeat until all screws are tight and the slider still moves free. Takes maybe 10 minutes or so the first time.
Thanks. Yeah I got a similar response in the main support page (I posted there too). Pg4 of this thread talks about it. I'll mount the boom and work on it. Thanks!

Old 09-09-2015, 06:53 AM   #316 (permalink)
Registered Users

So how is the CG on this machine overall, the reason I ask is I purchased my first 14s power system and I'm excited. 4535-460 Xnova, YGE 200, and a 5000mah pulse stick pack.

I want to put it in my Urukay, but if its too nose heavy I can put it in my 770 no problem. Just putting everything in place eyeballing it it seems a little nose heavy and I don't have the connectors on yet either.
jsbach#1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2015, 12:09 AM   #317 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mine is nose heavy indeed...
RontaryUS is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2015, 10:20 PM   #318 (permalink)
OC Helifreak

Talking 3 blades

just got the KSE 700 and started my build,
KDE direct 700fx 505
YGE 160
Pulse 6s5000 45C
VBar neo 6.1

my Urukay has logged almost 100 flights
Mamba DA70
Old 09-17-2015, 11:32 PM   #319 (permalink)
Registered Users

I wonder if the new comp canopy, tail assembly and skids will fit the original frame
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uc.JPG
Views:	119
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	609597  
Old 09-18-2015, 01:53 AM   #320 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm debating sending mine in to Fusuno or Canomod for a custom paint job. Still loving the shape but the color scheme is getting a little stale. Any suggestions?

I've been eyeballing the upcoming Forza 700 Speed too
DX9|#652

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in