Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > SAB Goblin 630/700/770

SAB Goblin 630/700/770 SAB Heli Division 630/700/770 - Goblin Helicopters Factory Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2015, 02:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question Blade Choices for HPS3 Head - Would you recommend HPS3?

Hi All,

Helidirect has set of three blades in SAB and Zeal. Are there any other choices out there?

Also, are blades for a 3 blades head any different from the ones produced for 2 blades? Can I just get say, Rail 696 2 sets and then use 3 of them on my goblin 700 that I plan to convert to HPS3

Also, those who have already tried out HPS3 on G700.... Was it worth it? or was it just the cool new thing that you had to get?

What are the differences that you felt between 2 blade and three blade heads? Pros and Cons?

Thanks
cbrkhan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2015, 02:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Spin Blades, and helix blades are the only others I know that could handle 3D.

The blades are normally much lighter with the CoG much further inboard on the blade to reduce the rotating mass on the head.

Theres no reason why you cant use normal blades but they will need balancing and will generally feel pretty heavy in flight.

The three blade head makes the heli much more responsive around centre, the heli feels much more locked in and will track though a maneuver much easier. It seems to lose some of the snappyness of two blade (you'll only notice this if you run your heli at seriously pissed off wasp settings) but not allot.

Oh yeah, it also looks cool as hell
Old 07-29-2015, 03:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looks cool, but sounds uncool 😉
Old 07-29-2015, 04:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1 on the sound. I run HPS3 on my G570 12S and miss the blade farts! Really enjoy the smoothness though.
FlatCrank is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2015, 04:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I love the 700 KSE, was very close to buy this nice bird. Just the Sound kicks me to a 700 Competition Carbon.
Price is nearly the same and the best deal is the KSE, but I need the blade farts :-D
Old 07-29-2015, 10:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I enjoy the quiet sound with 3 blades setup so does the plankers in my club. Vibration is also way down. There only one raised vibration warning in the vbar log last time I checked. It used to have several extreme vibration warnings per flight with 2 blades setup.
It can still produce significant blade frat in my opinion. I am using Helix blades.
Old 07-30-2015, 12:01 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sound like it's worth spending the money and not just a cool thing ... I though of buying hps3 after seeing one fly ... In a high speed funnel ... It was more like a howl then blade farts ....
Old 07-30-2015, 03:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It does fly very nicely. my flying looks much more precise, i can piroflip on the dime...but it feels like i just took the slider on my vbar and went all the way to robotic. i am enjoying it very much tho..just not sure if its worth the extra cost/ crash cost
Old 07-31-2015, 02:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Ewing View Post
It does fly very nicely. my flying looks much more precise, i can piroflip on the dime...but it feels like i just took the slider on my vbar and went all the way to robotic. i am enjoying it very much tho..just not sure if its worth the extra cost/ crash cost

Sounds like different flight characteristics with a three blade head ... May be worth exploring

Extra cost is what I am trying to justify ... If it's just a cool thing that I will get over quickly then probably not worth it .... I waste too much money on helis any ways
Old 08-04-2015, 10:00 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am on year two of flying a Tri rotor head and a prototype tri tail. It is almost night and day difference in how the two compare. I have identically equipped two blade and tri 800s. They aren't just for looks, I knew off the bat the tri would be far more stable at the time and would offer much more crisp cyclic response. Basically flies with a much larger disc feel, but almost dead silent until you hammer it. I still get great blade noise when I push mine. It echoes for miles in the area we fly in.

By the spring mine will be sporting 700s in place however, as I do like a more nimble bird up there now.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in