Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Electric Helicopters

700 Class Electric Helicopters 700 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2015, 07:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default DFC Swashplate holes

Just wondering what hole you using on the dfc swash? Inner or outer?
AllanNg is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2015, 11:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I use the outer holes. Align has their recommendations in the manual as well.

The outer holes make the pitch control very linear. The pitch rate remains constant. It also just seems like a good idea as the DFC arms are straight up and down and have the weight of the blades coming down square, if you will. If the disc were a table.. would you want the legs positioned at an angle to hold it up? I wouldn't.

I've never actually tried the inner holes- but I will speculate that they make the cyclic quicker as you go. I think it wise to use the FBL system to control that stuff.
RC/DC_5000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2015, 11:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks. I'm leaning toward the outer hole, too, but I think the manual shows the inner hole. I'm on the 700L.
Old 11-21-2015, 11:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's interesting. Sounds like we are both learning something here. I know for sure my 600L says the outer holes.

Perhaps Align wants the inner holes to move that big disc a little quicker mechanically. To gain a mechanical advantage for the bigger disc.

Either way, I'd go with Align... I full heartedly believe they know what they are doing. I've had my doubts more than a few times... but I always end up realizing they had it right to begin with.
Old 11-21-2015, 11:16 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm sure you get quicker cyclic with the outer holes, but inner gives more resolution.
Old 11-21-2015, 11:19 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yea I guess you can just guess and check and see what you like and what it does. It'd be so easy to change it.. and not a high risk.

Post up and see what you think. I've been curious myself.
Old 11-21-2015, 10:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think in addition to the resolution thought, the reason for the inner hole use would be to cut down on the throw and keep the FBL control loop in the sweet spot.

I really haven't seen design setups with too little throw, it's usually been the opposite, with too much mechanical movement, and that forces a cutdown in the control loop parameters.

Amain Hobbies Team Rep
rcflyerheli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2015, 09:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I use the inner hole and it fly good, also the manual say use the inner hole, I wondering too what will be the difference
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0033.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	624025   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0034.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	624026   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0036.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	624028  
Old 12-10-2015, 10:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, seems like I should try the inner hole first which I did. My first 700L is agile and awesome to fly. I'm sure the outer hole will make it more quicker on cyclic and perhaps a little more connected, but for now I'm very happy with the inner hole. Gona tune it a little more and get to know it a little more before I release the beast in it
Old 12-11-2015, 10:56 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

The inner hole / outer hole on the DFC swashplate crown mainly relates to cyclic.
It does make the collective blade pitch a little more linear throughout the collective range.

Whether you use inner or outer is also dependent on which hole is used on the swash servo arms

I use the middle hole on the swash servo's arms and I have to use the outer holes on the swash crown and 135% servo travel to get 10° of cyclic pitch.

If I change to the outer most hole on the swash servo's arm, I have to use the inner hole on the swash crown

You can dial all of the differences out using the FBL gyro's swash servo travel adjustments and cyclic mix
ticedoff8 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in