Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > For Sale Forums – KNOW your buyer/seller ratings! No Price bashing. NO FIREARMS > Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts

Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts Post your theft, scammed, ripped off reports here

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2016, 06:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default RaptorJoe Words no good

I made a deal with this guy on a 600n,it was Saturday & holiday weekend,when I asked him a question on Tuesday he answered it,plus he mentioned his wife was shipping it that day for him.Then I get a text the next day from him saying its not for sale anymore, gave refund,I'm like wtf I just spent the last four days on this.when I text him back to let him know I was gonna call him out on this,he starts calling me a tool,then blames all of it on his wife,then tells me to remember one thing, he doesn't care what I say. stay away from this guy.the guy got good https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=750533money for his 600n.
kartracer41 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2016, 06:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

You do know we all can see the other thread, right... No need to start a new thread. Also why not just find another? I'm not taking sides, just suggesting you continue to look for a good deal.
Old 09-07-2016, 06:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default im done

at this point I'm done with all of this,but as long as I got it in as many places I feel it needs to be,what makes you think everyone looks in every section.im covering all bases as they say.sorry if it bothers you.im done
Old 09-07-2016, 11:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I read that thread and assumed that kartracer41 bought the heli and therefore it was no longer for sale to anyone else. Now it's much clearer what happened. Not cool what happened but I agree, there are a ton of deals that show up and you need to have patience and just let it go.
Old 09-08-2016, 04:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Don't know the story and not taking any sides, but I do know this:

All these guys that keep saying my wife this my wife that just rub me the wrong way. Its your heli. I don't want your wife packing it, shipping it, or accepting responsibility for it. If she has to do the legwork for you then I simply don't want it.

I've asked my significant other to ship a few small items from time to time, but if I asked her to haul a 600 to her car and ship it for me she'd look at me like I was crazy.
OXY rep
DCflyer is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2016, 04:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCflyer View Post

All these guys that keep saying my wife this my wife that just rub me the wrong way. Its your heli. I don't want your wife packing it, shipping it, or accepting responsibility for it. If she has to do the legwork for you then I simply don't want it.

I've asked my significant other to ship a few small items from time to time, but if I asked her to haul a 600 to her car and ship it for me she'd look at me like I was crazy.
Well that's not always the case. I pack up my heli's and carpool with my wife. She has a shipping department right in her building so it's so convenient to just give her all my items. Why make an extra trip when she has it onsite? Even the largest heli is what under 12lbs without lipos? So it's a feather weight box probably lighter than her purse
So I do the same thing and she also has an ebay business so the labels are always in her name.
Old 09-08-2016, 06:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Um, I have my gf take things to PO for me before. and went to pick up things, at times, i had one car and if she had to work then am i suppose to walk to the PO? most places I have lived that's like a 10 mile drive.

i do not know why this thread is here, i read same thread yesterday .....
okay you paid for a item, thought you was getting it... then you got a refund and no toy heli... it sucks but move on, at least he did refund you the money.. and not make you wait a week or a month or make you fight to get your money back so how is he that terrible of a guy?

Epoweredrc is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2016, 07:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1 I don't really see the problem. He backed out of the sale, and he's well within his rights to do that.

You got your money back, and not only did you give him negative feedback, but you're going out of your way to try to slander him.

THIS thread shows the reason why it's really risky selling to "new" forum members with low post count and no feedback. People like Kartracer here just pop up looking for a quick deal, then if something slips they do their best to ruin a 5 year reputation over something silly

Fauropitotto is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2016, 07:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

It is an emotional process selling a heli. I had my Goblin 700 up twice before I sold it. I knew I had to if I wanted to build something else but I loved that heli too so parting with it was hard. Selling something you love just to try something new is hard.
Old 09-08-2016, 07:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I had a similar situation over an AR7200... a member cut the price a little, asked for more info, and before he got back to me, another member bought it...I got back to the first guy before he PP'd me, so he had the cool attitude of " snooze, you lose..", so all was well.
gilligansc is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2016, 08:47 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is negative feedback even allowed for this? On RCGs you can't get negative for backing out of a deal and refunding the person. Same person owns/runs both sites.
CrashNburn420 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2016, 09:18 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashNburn420 View Post
Is negative feedback even allowed for this? On RCGs you can't get negative for backing out of a deal and refunding the person. Same person owns/runs both sites.
Doesn't seem right.... he didn't get ripped off. until you ship something you have the right to back out of a deal. i know i have backed out of a deal before, not after someone sent the money but still.

Epoweredrc is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2016, 12:23 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Listen, I'm gonna say this once and i'm done. It was very costly to ship heli on a thin deal. My mistake for not better research. I also didn't feel comfortable selling to the guy in the first place. He was beating his chest before i had 24 hrs to respond to his interest in the heli, my second mistake. He seemed to flakey and with no feedback, I bailed. I felt bad, but I always listen to my gut. I tried to make the sting less by making sure he had full immediate access to the funds he transfered to me. In which he did have full immediate access. He immediately threatened to put me on "full blast". I don't have the patience nor the time for that childish b/s. I would be bummed too. But he beat me up on the price going on about how there a ton 600n's for sale. So, why is he so bent? Bent enough to post me in scammer section. What ever.Your a tool! Moving on.

And to the guy going on about the "wife this- the wife that" your post is garbage. Until you know facts don't post. As a matter of fact my wife does a lot for me. As I do for her. She did right by not getting shammed by the local ups store. They wouldnt cover it for damage unless theu packed it. I would have argued it. However the decision was made. And please excuse my absence in not leaving a buisness that I run to immediately attend to a transaction over a model toy.

Hobbies are just that...Hobbies. Getting that bent out of shape? Maybe you should get out more.

Last edited by raptorJoe; 09-09-2016 at 01:36 AM..
raptorJoe is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2016, 09:05 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorJoe View Post

And to the guy going on about the "wife this- the wife that" your post is garbage. Until you know facts don't post. As a matter of fact my wife does a lot for me. As I do for her. She did right by not getting shammed by the local ups store. They wouldnt cover it for damage unless theu packed it. I would have argued it. However the decision was made. And please excuse my absence in not leaving a buisness that I run to immediately attend to a transaction over a model toy.

Hobbies are just that...Hobbies. Getting that bent out of shape? Maybe you should get out more.
I don't know the facts - that's why I posted this first> I guess you glazed over it.

Quote:

Not saying anything about YOUR wife, but wives in general. More specifically, guys that use their wives as an excuse for something not being done. I had a bad experience with that and my post was simply conjecture, not to be taken as personal insult, but I can see why you might have taken it that way.

No one is telling you to leave your business so don't go putting words in my mouth. Maybe you got bent out of shape - i'm fine? Either way, i'll make sure to stay away from your ads and leave you alone.

Although the OP did put you on 'blast' rather hastily, he does have a point. You didn't scam him, but you did back out of the deal for a heli he payed for. Is what it is. That is my "garbage" opinion
OXY rep
DCflyer is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2016, 11:36 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I don't know the facts - that's why I posted this first> I guess you glazed over it.

Not saying anything about YOUR wife, but wives in general. More specifically, guys that use their wives as an excuse for something not being done. I had a bad experience with that and my post was simply conjecture, not to be taken as personal insult, but I can see why you might have taken it that way.

No one is telling you to leave your business so don't go putting words in my mouth. Maybe you got bent out of shape - i'm fine? Either way, i'll make sure to stay away from your ads and leave you alone.

Although the OP did put you on 'blast' rather hastily, he does have a point. You didn't scam him, but you did back out of the deal for a heli he payed for. Is what it is. That is my "garbage" opinion
You are correct I did glaze over your post. After reading it I realize that you really had no bad intent. However I am a little defensive being I did absolutely nothing wrong and I'm defending myself in the scammer forums because of some child didn't get his toy.
Old 09-09-2016, 11:42 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

This doesn't belong in the scammer section...this guy didn't scam anybody.

If somebody giving you your money back makes you this upset, you need to grow thicker skin.

RCHN Listener Chat (Discord) - https://discord.gg/6SvCccC
corywrx is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2016, 11:48 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
I did absolutely nothing wrong
You really think so?

When you listed the item and accepted payment, you entered a contract of sorts. When you later backed out by refunding money, no, you didn't scam him, but that is definitely considered a bad move by many. If nothing else, you wasted an interested buyer's time.

I would not be overjoyed to be on the receiving end of this either...
Old 09-09-2016, 12:12 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by K2Freak View Post
You really think so?

When you listed the item and accepted payment, you entered a contract of sorts. When you later backed out by refunding money, no, you didn't scam him, but that is definitely considered a bad move by many. If nothing else, you wasted an interested buyer's time.

I would not be overjoyed to be on the receiving end of this either...
Yup, I stand by my decision. Seeing how he is now proved my instinct on dealing with him. I had my reasons. I've sold over 100's of items. 95% of that on ebay with perfect feedback. The difference between eBay and the forums is both buyer and seller are protected with proper terms. I have nothing to protect me from him whining about something and wanting his money back. It's the type of person I came to realize I was dealing with. Why I backed out. Maybe i was wrong maybe i was right. It was the best decision for me. I dont him or anyone of you, so yea i keep my best interest first. Part of the pros and cons when buying or selling on the internet. Yea it sucks, it was not the the way I like things to go either. But such is life. Suck it up and move on. I'd hate to see how some of you that are so interested in this handle actual tough life situations. If this was the worst of my problems life would be a beach.

Most of you fail to see my point. Neutrial feedback with a explanation on the situation, hold the emotions would have been more then fair. Instead his immature behavior continued. Again if you read my earlier post. Mistake #1 was when I decided to even entertain this guy when he reached out. Lesson learned. Where is he now to answer back to my side of the story? Slander someone's name and then not respond to my defense? WTF?

Whatever, I don't sell or buy much on here and care less if I never do again. I have already wasted way too much energy on this. Peace out.
Old 09-11-2016, 11:19 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default 600n

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorJoe View Post
Yup, I stand by my decision. Seeing how he is now proved my instinct on dealing with him. I had my reasons. I've sold over 100's of items. 95% of that on ebay with perfect feedback. The difference between eBay and the forums is both buyer and seller are protected with proper terms. I have nothing to protect me from him whining about something and wanting his money back. It's the type of person I came to realize I was dealing with. Why I backed out. Maybe i was wrong maybe i was right. It was the best decision for me. I dont him or anyone of you, so yea i keep my best interest first. Part of the pros and cons when buying or selling on the internet. Yea it sucks, it was not the the way I like things to go either. But such is life. Suck it up and move on. I'd hate to see how some of you that are so interested in this handle actual tough life situations. If this was the worst of my problems life would be a beach.

Most of you fail to see my point. Neutrial feedback with a explanation on the situation, hold the emotions would have been more then fair. Instead his immature behavior continued. Again if you read my earlier post. Mistake #1 was when I decided to even entertain this guy when he reached out. Lesson learned. Where is he now to answer back to my side of the story? Slander someone's name and then not respond to my defense? WTF?

Whatever, I don't sell or buy much on here and care less if I never do again. I have already wasted way too much energy on this. Peace out.
Gotta love what he says at the end.Comes down to joe finding out how much shipping was gonna cost so he backed out.Iwill make it real simple joe,IF YOUR WORD IS NO GOOD, THEN YOUR NO GOOD. Does that response suit you???
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in