Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters

250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Old 07-15-2012, 08:57 PM   #21
JoeW
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Carr View Post
Possibly, but it also resets itself here on the bench during testing too. Can get it to do it everytime around the 30-40 second range while stirring both sticks continuously.
Then yes, under powered for sure. I did some testing with small BECs when the 3gx was first released to see what the low end threshold was. I could do that same reset within 5 seconds with just a fast pitch up on 1.5A, at over 2.5 I couldn't reproduce it.

Sent from some Apple device using Tapatalk
DX8 + Telemetery on all
JoeW is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:02 PM   #22
M Carr
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

good to know, thanks!
M Carr is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 11:31 PM   #23
esmoglo
Registered Users

I for one have gotten tired of Aligns lack of quality in these all in one kits. I paid over $400 for this kit and now if I buy the YGE it will take the total price way over $500.00 I guess the question remains is there really or value in this Align 250 DFC Pro kit heli as a kit? Or should I have just gone with a Blade 300X?

With the Blade 300X the FBL system is way better (AR7200BX unit) than the 3GX is not sure about the rest of the heli but for $320 bucks the Blade 300X seems like a better value. I have never been a big fan of Blade stuff but they are really stepping up their game.

One side note my kit also had a bad servo, now the ESC shuts down if it gets over worked too man whatís next? I was a big Align fan boy at one time but my fleet reflects how times have changed now I only own this Align Trex 250 DFC and no others.

We will see how willing I am to pour in the $$$ into this heli seems like price of admission is costing more than itís actually worth.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:21 AM   #24
walkera4g3
Registered Users

I think it's time for Alan Szabo Jr to make another 250 flight video.
walkera4g3 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:37 AM   #25
esmoglo
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkera4g3 View Post
I think it's time for Alan Szabo Jr to make another 250 flight video.

LOL yea that will fix it!
Old 07-16-2012, 12:28 PM   #26
bj660raptor
Registered Users

Quote:
Voltage is set at 5.5 and yes the ESC does get quite warm. Not sure what kind of amperage the servos are pulling but it must be a fair amount to get it to shut down in the short time it is taking mine to do it.

I have 3GX units on my 500 and 550 and have never had either of them shut down or give any problems at all. Using stock Align esc's on those with Castle Pro bec's.

I think I can get a Castle 10amp unit on top of the radio plate right under the main gear, I may go that route and call it done. Could try a 25 amp Castle ESC but not sure if that will really fix it or not.

Where can you get the YGE controllers? been looking but all I can seem to find is the 60 amp controller.
elecktro rc for the yge,i can say i have a 160hv on my logo 600 and a 120lv on my logo 500,i will get the yge 18 for this as i fly yge and hve no worries. I wanna look at this castle controller anyone got a link?
Old 07-16-2012, 03:48 PM   #27
ahahn
Registered Users

Quote:
Anyone having issues with the stock 15amp ESC/BEC powering the electronics on this heli? I think I had a power reset on the 3GX today causing a crash. I think the BEC is to blame but not 100% sure. Works fine all day long on the bench but thats not with running the motor. After a few minutes of hovering/slow circuits the ESC is fairly warm but doesnt seem to be what I would call too hot.

I got two test hovers in and a few circuits to test eveything, Flew smooth and VERY stable. Almost hands off hovering its that good.... Decided to switch to IU and the tail goes crazy wagging back and forth... Gain too high I'm guessing. Few seconds later Heli takes a hard left and plants itself into the dirt. As I was walking up to it to check damage I hear the 3GX unit doing its initializing as if I just plugged the battery into it....Luckily not much damage, looks like just a new Main shaft and servo horn will get it going again.

I'm thinking Maybe a seperate BEC is a better solution than the stock 1.5amp BEC can supply?
Are you using stock servos?
ahahn is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:23 PM   #28
M Carr
Registered Users

Yep Stock servos... 415's and a 425 for rudder. I wonder what the difference is between the 410's and 415's? Maybe higher amp draw?

Castle 25 link:
http://www.espritmodel.com/castle-cr...hless-esc.aspx
Old 07-16-2012, 04:43 PM   #29
ahahn
Registered Users

Quote:
Yep Stock servos... 415's and a 425 for rudder. I wonder what the difference is between the 410's and 415's? Maybe higher amp draw?

Castle 25 link:
http://www.espritmodel.com/castle-cr...hless-esc.aspx
I would have thought that if you have a stock setup, that the Align ESC BEC would be sized ok to handle the load. Apparently your BEC is overheating since it takes a finite time to get the setup to fail

I have a CC Phoenix 25 with my 250. I was running a BeastX using the stock 410 and 420 servos with no apparent issues (this was a Futaba FASST receiver). Currently went back to the flybar and the same Phoenix 25 with Quark and again no issues.

Never tried the stock Align ESC as I already had the Phoenix 25.
ahahn is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:06 PM   #30
youturnjason
Registered Users

What receiver are you using? Someone in another thread was having similar problems and it turned out his receiver was drawing alot of current and changing it out fixed it
youturnjason is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:24 PM   #31
M Carr
Registered Users

no seperate receiver, Just one Spektrum satellite.
Old 07-17-2012, 05:16 AM   #32
msrxnewb
Registered Users

just a side note for anyone that want to use CC25 with the AR7200BX, there is a problem with throttle collaboration. you would need a separate receiver battery to power the AR7200BX to bypass the initialization process.
Align T-rex 250 Pro DFC w/
AR7200BX
msrxnewb is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:20 AM   #33
jimmanyk
Registered Users

The new ESC has solved my problem - hopefully!.
HES1501T RCE-BL15P
Trex :- 450SE V2 retired, 250SC retired, 450 PRO fbled Airwolfed, 500 ESP fbled Airwolfed, 250DFC, 450DFC, 500DFC, 800DFC - Futaba/Align. Blade :- 4003D retired,CX2, MQX - spektrum. 4503D Futaba/Savox, 450X Futaba/Savox/Align.
jimmanyk is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:34 PM   #34
bshinn
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Having the same problem. set it up with the stock components & went to maiden it, Got it light on the skids & it shut down. Tried several times with the same result.

Bought a Hobby Wing 20A ESC & went through the setup again & it shut down with the motor unplugged. Had the 3GX on the bench, not in the heli & moved it, servos did their thing & it shut down.

Can't believe a 20A ESC won't power this thing, & don't know what settings in the 3GX could be causing this but it's starting to hack me off
bshinn is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 06:24 PM   #35
ferebeed
Registered Users

Default New 250 DFC, 3GX and stock 15amp ESC...stock BEC not up to the task??

You have to use an external BEC running at 6volts.
ferebeed is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:33 PM   #36
Fooferdoggie
Registered Users

a cc bec is a cheap way to go
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...FQSCQgodAH8AsQ
Fooferdoggie is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:17 AM   #37
youturnjason
Registered Users

Or if you dont want to buy a bec get the new align 15a esc the bec is much better in it.
youturnjason is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:34 PM   #38
bshinn
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have a CC 10A BEC on my old Xcell 60 & I agree it works great. I just don't want to deal with it in a 250 airframe. How new is the new Align ESC? This is a new DFC kit purchased about 6 mos ago.
bshinn is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 04:28 PM   #39
jimmanyk
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bshinn View Post
I have a CC 10A BEC on my old Xcell 60 & I agree it works great. I just don't want to deal with it in a 250 airframe. How new is the new Align ESC? This is a new DFC kit purchased about 6 mos ago.
I bought the new ESC as a spare part early this month. Don't know about Kits, but I imagine the old stock will need to clear as did the old ESC.
Trex :- 450SE V2 retired, 250SC retired, 450 PRO fbled Airwolfed, 500 ESP fbled Airwolfed, 250DFC, 450DFC, 500DFC, 800DFC - Futaba/Align. Blade :- 4003D retired,CX2, MQX - spektrum. 4503D Futaba/Savox, 450X Futaba/Savox/Align.
jimmanyk is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters

250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.