Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Nitro Helicopters > 700 Electric Conversions

700 Electric Conversions Align T-REX 700 Electric Conversions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2009, 11:51 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default $118 per 700e battery

Too good to be true?

http://www.unitedhobbies.com/UNITEDH..._15C_Lipo_Pack

the new Turnigy 5000 6s1p 15c-20c batteries are apparently mislabeled 20c-30c batteries and are $59 a piece due to the factory error (according to HC rep)

Hobby city admin's explanation here:

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/f...?TID=1627&PN=1

According to HC, Turnigy line will be replacing Flightmax line.

Last edited by shogo; 06-06-2009 at 12:22 AM.. Reason: corrected the battery link
shogo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2009, 10:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Talking

This is the best news, just order 4 of these for my T700e. I was wondering why there packs were soo heavy for only 15C.

Lee
Old 06-06-2009, 11:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Can you use these pack to fly the 600E or ESP to a 6S configuration? They said the price would be different once they re-lable it correctly...but I thought the higher the "C" ratings the more expensive the battery cost....why would a 15C battery cost more than a 20 or 30C rating battery?
theone2007 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2009, 01:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I think you can if they are indeed 20-30C. I think what they mean is that they will re-label battery as 20-30C in the next batch. There will be no 15C batteries anymore. For now it seems that you get a 15C battery price.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:33 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

does anyone know if these are as good as the zippy h? thanks tony.
tonyblade is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2009, 12:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

FYI- i placed my order. you can order up to a maximum quantity of 10, internationally. and for my shipping charges, it came out to just under $12 shipping per battery (to Hawai'i, USA). so with shipping it cost me $60 + $12 = $72 per battery.
Old 06-08-2009, 04:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

does anyone know if these are as good as the zippy h? thanks tony.
tonyblade is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2009, 04:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

From what i've been told is their the same as Zippy flightmax Packs.

I've just ordered 4 for my 700E.

For a 20C pack i think its a good price
5exi is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2009, 04:54 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Also on the 600 forum its posted the H range will be discontinued.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...=142776&page=2
5exi is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2009, 05:09 PM   #10 (permalink)

H 25-35 were sweet batteries! Too bad they have to let them go.
Old 06-08-2009, 07:38 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I ordered a pair of these. I will run them in my Logo 10 until I get my 700. If they are good I'll buy a couple more. It's a great price if they are decent batts.
Mr Nice Guy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2009, 10:16 PM   #12 (permalink)

bought 6 15c lpos cant go wrong maybe i might buy 6 more for my 600 esp and 700 so i get more flight time..
HeLiJerSey is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2009, 10:20 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Will everyone please let this post die? I'm trying my best not to order some of these and you're making it very hard...
Old 06-08-2009, 10:23 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbdane View Post
Will everyone please let this post die? I'm trying my best not to order some of these and you're making it very hard...

CBDANE what do you think?? i can still cancel the order. do you think there going to be issues with the 700 E is it too heavy let me know???
Old 06-09-2009, 01:17 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeLiJerSey View Post
CBDANE what do you think?? i can still cancel the order. do you think there going to be issues with the 700 E is it too heavy let me know???
I think that they are about the same size and weight as the Zippy-H. Will they be as good? Dunno. But at $59 each and with the claim that these are mislabeled 20-30C packs (they claim that the factory couldn't supply 15C, see link in first post of this thread), it is extraordinarily tempting. My 700E averages about 35A (7C) with peaks up to 100A (20C). Even if they aren't quite up to Zippy-H caliber, they still could be handy to have around at that price. Just my thinking.

I do not need more batteries. I do not need more batteries. There. I feel much better.
Old 06-09-2009, 03:05 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Those batterys are going to be a realy tight fit.
The Zippy-H i am using are about 49*47 wide/high and there is SFA clearance between the front pack and the lower crossmember brace, i mean you will virtualy have to dremel chunks out of the brace to give clearance. Mine are nearly touching with Zippy-H non modified. If you ever put it in, the packs would probably errupt frome damage, hopefully that will never happen.

The Extra 2mm will nearly make it touch the crossmember and could chafe thru if not mounted secure and you know what happens then

The thickness of velco that straps the battery to the plastic front nose section will also push the batterys down towards the crossmember more so its touch and go imo unless you get some serious dremel work on those crossmember braces. It could be done but its super tight, hence why i am unhappy that the zippy line is non existant and quite frankly i may be looking for different brands myself.

These batterys will fit better http://www.unitedhobbies.com/UNITEDH...0C_Lipoly_Pack

At the expense of a little more weight and 100mah less, and they are also 20C which are borderline but should suffice.

Power to weight is still pretty good so its not realy much of a drama when pulling 3900 watts, depending on motor pinion combo.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:47 AM   #17 (permalink)

GenReaper, what frame mods are you using?
Old 06-09-2009, 11:03 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogo View Post
GenReaper, what frame mods are you using?

i have no frame mods whatever the 700 E conversion kit. hopefully it`s not alot of work doing the conversion kit. i believe ist by helidirect.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:20 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenReaper View Post
Those batterys are going to be a realy tight fit.
The Zippy-H i am using are about 49*47 wide/high and there is SFA clearance between the front pack and the lower crossmember brace, i mean you will virtualy have to dremel chunks out of the brace to give clearance. Mine are nearly touching with Zippy-H non modified. If you ever put it in, the packs would probably errupt frome damage, hopefully that will never happen.

The Extra 2mm will nearly make it touch the crossmember and could chafe thru if not mounted secure and you know what happens then

The thickness of velco that straps the battery to the plastic front nose section will also push the batterys down towards the crossmember more so its touch and go imo unless you get some serious dremel work on those crossmember braces. It could be done but its super tight, hence why i am unhappy that the zippy line is non existant and quite frankly i may be looking for different brands myself.
Fortunately (for me, I guess), the Heli-Chris conversion has plenty of space for the batteries so I wouldn't anticipate a clearance issue. The attached photo is not from the ideal perspective to show the gap above the packs but it gives an idea. Of course, the main thing for me is I have 3 sets of Zippy-H and... I don't need anymore batteries... I don't need anymore batteries... Let's see if I can keep myself convinced.

Old 06-09-2009, 02:45 PM   #20 (permalink)

Excellent! I'm glad I've ordered the heli chris conversion.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in