Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Rotor Blades

Rotor Blades R/C Helicopter Rotor Blade Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2013, 07:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default SpinBlades Premium Quality Blades

Quote:
Disclaimer: know that I have talked to SpinBlades about the issue and they agree that what I got was the advertised Premium Blades.

A month ago I ordered new assymmetric blades from SB to replace my old set on T600 that had a few cracks in the root ob the blade (crash issues, not material problem), just to be on the safe side.

What I got delivered was this:

Surface delamination

Flat surface, very uneven finish

The old blades look superb compared to the new ones.

I contacted SB in writing and explained that I take great pride in flying their blades due to their desing features (assymmetric airfoil, wide chord,... enabling flight times of 16') and that the blades are really not up to the standard.

What I got in reply was "Its just optical problem, you can fly them". I wanted replacement blades so I sent the blades back and got new ones after a week, at my expenses of course.

Maybe I was a bit optimistic, but I asked them If maybe I could get a voucher for next purchuse just to cover the return postage costs (15€) they replied that I would only get it if I accepted the blades as they were shipped the first time.

Thoughts?
Is it me - a too demanding customer?
SB's lack of quality control?
or maybe they are just trying to clear their second grade products as first grade?
Phoinix is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2013, 01:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

If I were you, i'd send them a picture of some other brand blades on your helicopter with their's sitting in a trash can for that kind of service with a simple comment saying -"say bye bye to a former loyal customer."

There are SO MANY quality blades out there to choose from now-a-days that if a company is going to treat you like that, just move on to the next blade.

Optical effect? What are they selling - Kaleidoscopes? What a bunch of bs.
OXY rep
DCflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2013, 03:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location
Default SpinBlades Premium Quality Blades

That's what I thought, but their methods made me wonder if I'm the problem or perhaps their customer attitude.

I always used asymmetric blades in google. Now that I know that semi-symmetric brings out more hits on manufacturers your post makes sense.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:37 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

What a load of crap! There are some really good blades out there and there is no excuse for delamination of any blade. I would have sent them back for a refund and bought some Mavrikk's or other quality blade, life is too short for shoddy parts and flying time too hard to come by, no thanks but thanks for the heads up!
bbbs53 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2013, 09:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I just received an email from SB and I guess we finally came to understanding each other. There was a mixup with orders and I got second grade main blades. Someone out there is very happy with his second grade blade order I guess.

SB apologised for the trouble and I got my expenses for return shipping back without any further comments needed.

I'm happy the issue is resolved and I hope it doesn't happen again to anyone.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:00 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've had a similar situation with SB. I have used both symmetric, asymmetric and tail blades but not for long. Their tail blades cracked after about 20 flights (at the root) and I was never happy in general with SB quality. I never owned their matte black series so I do not speak for those blades.
I bought them cause price was good. But I guess you get what you pay for. Their customer service was problematic because I simply never got replacements for my tail blades.
I use other brands and see no reason to go back to SB.
apostolosnt is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2014, 09:45 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default SpinBlades Premium Quality Blades ? ? ? ?

I bought SpinBlades for heli size 700 with tail blades a couple month ago. I have a bad experience (nightmare) with these brand. Quality is cheap and price is premium. How can they make such a low quality blades and sell to other country?

Hereunder are the problems.
1. The root thickness of tail blade are different 4.83mm and 5.09mm.. As quality product, thickness of both blade must be almost the same.
2. Main blade has a soft surface layer (bubble) which I believe there was a hole inside. I use finger touching on the color surface and I can feel it is very thin and empty below. Soon color will peel off and there will be a big hole on surface.
3. A mark of blade balancing dot on both blades look cheap.

- 1 set of Matt Grey Scale 2 blade 710 asymmetrical (clockwise) = EUR75.21
- 1 set of Tail blades 105H Matt Grey Scale asymmetrical (counter clockwise) = EUR24.78
- Delivery cost DHL = EUR25
- import tax 20% (EUR24.99) + VAT7% (EUR10.49).

We have so many high qualtity blades to choose from. It was my bad luck.

I took pictures showing the defect rather than sending it back. They also has an agent here which I can show to them. However, they insist to get product return. Therefore, I have to spend extra EUR35 sending it back. After keep tracking the parcel, now it seems noone pick up the parcel. Soon parcel will return back to my country.

What can I say? Premium?

MARKPRO is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in