Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Henseleit

Henseleit Henseleit Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2012, 11:51 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just maidened mine today. The heli flies itself and only problem with it is that you have to be careful and not to stare at it with awe forgetting to move sticks, because it looks and sounds absolutely beautiful.
AcidDrink is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2012, 11:56 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidDrink View Post
I just maidened mine today. The heli flies itself and only problem with it is that you have to be careful and not to stare at it with awe forgetting to move sticks, because it looks and sounds absolutely beautiful.
Awesome!
Heli G is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2012, 12:49 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli G View Post
OT post...plenty studies to go around...for example Consumer Reports reliability ranking for luxury cars (http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-1...nges-cars.html) placed Porsche 27th, if you pay attention to those studies. My point was it is not the most reliable, but thanks for making my point. In my experience with fast cars, fast bikes and fast woman, if you want reliability buy a Landcruiser.
Did you read the whole post? The Porsche sports cars are still very reliable. It's that SUV in their lineup that messed things up! The Cayenne is blasphemy in their lineup, but obviously there is a niche.

"The brand ranked second last year and tumbled in the latest report because of complaints about the new Cayenne sport-utility vehicle. Consumers griped that controls failed for the heat, air conditioning, stereo and navigation system, Champion said. "
Old 03-18-2012, 12:50 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidDrink View Post
My thoughts too!!!!

The fact it can fly so well at very low head speeds is very cool.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:24 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Difficult to describe, lots has been said already, perhaps the best way to describe the TDR experience is to build one, fly one and shortly after that find yourself looking at a whole fleet of Logos, Compass, MA and other helis thinking "why in the hell did I ever by this junk ?" Don't ask me how I know.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:52 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkovalcson View Post
Did you read the whole post? The Porsche sports cars are still very reliable. It's that SUV in their lineup that messed things up! The Cayenne is blasphemy in their lineup, but obviously there is a niche.

"The brand ranked second last year and tumbled in the latest report because of complaints about the new Cayenne sport-utility vehicle. Consumers griped that controls failed for the heat, air conditioning, stereo and navigation system, Champion said. "
Yes and please read my post again that I do not think the Porsche is the most reliable car to buy.

My last OT post on this thread and appologies to the OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird300 View Post
Difficult to describe, lots has been said already, perhaps the best way to describe the TDR experience is to build one, fly one and shortly after that find yourself looking at a whole fleet of Logos, Compass, MA and other helis thinking "why in the hell did I ever by this junk ?" Don't ask me how I know.
Must admit that I won't clasify other helis as junk, but once you have flown a TDR expectations are set very high. There are number of new 700 size helis coming to the market which means exciting times ahead.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:43 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

So the concensus is tick VG lol cannot wait, slowly getting all the resources together and going through the initiation rights!

1. Watch YouTube Videos and marvel at the performance and noises
2. Spend hours annoying the wife with Pheonix flight sim flying the TDR around with laptop on knee.
3. Look at the manual from time to time, look at the wonderful 3D animations in the old German manual.
4. lurk around forums and see how others are doing it.
5. Work out how much it is going to cost, also consider how to mask the bills from wife.
6. Email Jan and get on the list.
7. Slowly order electronics, batteries, motor, blades and gizmos (helps with problem 5).
8. Fly the smaller Heli's and tell yourself, you had better get a grip on flying properly before the TDR comes.
9. Goto 1 and be patient.

Nothing negative anywhere on the forum, thats a rarity indeed.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzTDR + II
Alun
CyprusFlyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2012, 03:53 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Must admit that I won't clasify other helis as junk, but once you have flown a TDR expectations are set very high.

+1 of course, and as you surely understood, I was trying to say the same thing, only in a slightly sarcastic and perhaps over-the-top way, lol. I still love my Logos, but the TDR is simply another step up.

Quote:
There are number of new 700 size helis coming to the market which means exciting times ahead.
Absolutely, we just need to be patient to see how they do in the long run, another argument pro TDR, I guess, it has proven itself by now.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:50 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

I own both a 911 and a TDR...

I can only say that they are both very different and special to drive and fly as compared to other cars/helis.

Their handling characteristics are very hard to explain to someone who has never experienced one - Until you actually fly or drive one you will never really understand what all the fuss is about.
Costas is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2012, 08:58 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default I have a 928 and a TDR

Germany just gets it right when it comes to toys
Old 03-19-2012, 01:17 AM   #31 (permalink)
Owner Scorpion Motors

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhunter View Post
Germany just gets it right when it comes to toys

+1!!
Georges van Gansen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2012, 01:27 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

What is your main rotor gain, Style, and Agility settings on your TDR?

I've had about 3 "set up" flights on my TDR which is basically some hovering and lateral flights in all four directions to get a feel for the TDR - also do due lack of space to really stretch it's legs. But, so far, I'm not really impressed. The TDR has a sort of floaty, almost-sluggish feel to it that my Trex 700 does not.

I suspect the problem may be the main rotor gain. I've flowed Vbar's recommendation of 70%. My Style setting is at 100 and agility at 80. Head speed is 1800.

Also, I've had the owner of the LHS assist and double check my set up. So, I'm quite confident it's not a set up issue.

So, I'm hoping a few more tweaks will give it a very sharp and precise feel.
Agibbs996 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2012, 02:21 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

My TDR also feels floaty so I'm also interested to know other peoples TDR vbar "tweaks".
NevB is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2012, 02:38 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird300 View Post
+1 of course, and as you surely understood, I was trying to say the same thing, only in a slightly sarcastic and perhaps over-the-top way, lol. I still love my Logos, but the TDR is simply another step up.

Absolutely, we just need to be patient to see how they do in the long run, another argument pro TDR, I guess, it has proven itself by now.
Of course!
Old 03-19-2012, 03:44 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agibbs996 View Post
What is your main rotor gain, Style, and Agility settings on your TDR?

I've had about 3 "set up" flights on my TDR which is basically some hovering and lateral flights in all four directions to get a feel for the TDR - also do due lack of space to really stretch it's legs. But, so far, I'm not really impressed. The TDR has a sort of floaty, almost-sluggish feel to it that my Trex 700 does not.

I suspect the problem may be the main rotor gain. I've flowed Vbar's recommendation of 70%. My Style setting is at 100 and agility at 80. Head speed is 1800.

Also, I've had the owner of the LHS assist and double check my set up. So, I'm quite confident it's not a set up issue.

So, I'm hoping a few more tweaks will give it a very sharp and precise feel.
Try to lower style to about 50 (or less), agility to 120 and paddle sim between 20-40.
Gain is good between 70 and 80
AcidDrink is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2012, 04:03 AM   #36 (permalink)
HF Support

I think the floatiness part of the appeal - it just sort of hangs there - magic !
Old 03-19-2012, 04:47 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Floaty is not necessarily bad, I'm building my 2nd as light as possible because it just flies so damn good at low rpm, something I've come to miss nowdays since my main weights about 5kg :O IMO if you're sure you don't like the floaty feeling try some heavier packs, shorter main blades etc in order to increase disc loading.

Sluggish is a different story though, try tweaking abit
+1 on raising agility (I prefer style at 100 and no paddle sim but that's a matter of personal preference), if its not snappy enough for you try raising cyclic throw (M suggests 8degrees, try 9-10). If its still not fast enough consider trying out the old-style dampers.

TDR <3 !
Old 03-19-2012, 07:26 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

My logo 600SE is floaty...the TDR is not floaty at all imo. But then again every heli is different in its own way and if everyone built "heavy" birds they would all fly almost the same. I have had the opportunity to own and fly a wide variety of heli's and the TDR is no doubt the most precise, accurate and most connected I have ever felt to any heli. It is super fast but graceful and doesnt require as much "correction" in moves as many other brands ive flown...it just goes where you want it to. Overall once you have flown a TDR its tough to find something to top it.

Chris_M is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2012, 10:49 AM   #39 (permalink)

Almost funny hearing a Rex'er wanting the TDR to fly like one. The TDR is NOT a Rex and that's that. If you want flight like a Rex I'd suggest fly one. The TDR is a unique feel and you either respect it or don't understand it. The good thing is that folks are helping you get it right. I'm sure if it doesn't meet your desires you won't have any problems finding it a new home.
heli-lover is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2012, 11:41 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, I'm hoping it doesn't come to that. I'll try playing with the gain, agility, and style during my "lunch time."
Agibbs996 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in