Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X

mCP X Blade Micro CPx Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2012, 08:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Pitch qwestion

I messed up my old frame so I bought a frame from value rc on ebay. After putting everything together I noticed the pitch was off so I had to tighten all the linkages by three churns which from what I can see is at 0 percent at mid-stick. Then I did a test with moving the parts and noticed there was more negative pitch then positive. I got the linkages on the top holes of the servos is this right or do they need to be dropped. Also I test flew it with the amount of positive pitch I did have it still climbed decent while up right. Would it be a good idea to lower the linkages to the bottom holes or would this be alright flying like this?
jpedersm is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2012, 09:29 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Hello

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=380037

Try setting up 0 pitch like this. Should set up perfectly in top holes.
If not it will not hurt anything if you move the rod to another hole to achieve 0 pitch.
Imzzaudae is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2012, 10:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

At center stick it's already at 0 pitch, but still with more negative then positive. Would it be alright to fly the heli with more negative pitch then positive?
Old 02-04-2012, 10:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Hello again

I do not see any reason why not fly it like that. I myself do not and will not be doing any 3D so I fly in normal mode with no negative pitch setup at all.

What pitch settings do you have in your DX6i
Imzzaudae is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2012, 01:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was just flying at a friends house and I might add little more positive by moving the linkages all the way down to the bottom hole. Going to bring it outside and there is a little wind will need all the positive pitch I can have in case the wind pushes it to the ground. What do you have?

The settings are.

Normal mode (L) 30%, (2) 40%, (3) 50%, (4) 75%, (H) 100%
IU Mode (L) 0%, (2) 25%, (3) 50%, (4) 75%, (H) 100%
Old 02-04-2012, 01:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Moving the swash plate down increases negative pitch.
Liduno is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2012, 01:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Move your +pitch endpoint down to 70-75% in your pitch curve settings. If you have 0 at mid stick with a level swash then thats all you can do with mechanical adjustments, the rest needs to be adjusted in the Tx. I assume you have a computer Tx, beings how you know what your pitch settings are?
Old 02-04-2012, 02:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is your main gear pushed in all the way? If it isn't then swash moving up can cause the main shaft to slide with it which can cause less pitch in that direction. In the opposite way it isn't as evident because of the collar.

Make sure there is no play on the main shaft. I also noticed on DX6i that came with my B450 that center stick based on little markers next to the stick is not exactly the center when looking at monitor mode. I always do mechanical setup by looking at monitor mode for centers etc.
sparkvolt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2012, 02:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Would you guys know how to change the IU switch on the DX6i. When I was at the friends house I tripped on his stairs and just noticed the f mode (IU for me) is broke and does not work. Is there any way I can switch it to another switch for the time being?

Lawn, is there any reason I should move then end point down wont this cause less throw in the servo?
Old 02-04-2012, 02:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

You can move it to another switch, but it will require you to open up the TX. I don't recall at this point if each switch has it's own connector to the main board (been a while since I tinkered with insides of DX6i). If each switch has it's own connector then it's just a matter of swapping them. If it doesn't then you have to swap the wires on the switch side which will require some soldering.

I am not aware of software function for remapping IU. In either case it shouldn't be too hard.
sparkvolt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2012, 03:23 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ill look at it later the radio is currently charging. Hopefully there os no soldering required because then I will need to take a soldering class before I try this.
Old 02-04-2012, 04:49 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpedersm View Post
Would you guys know how to change the IU switch on the DX6i. When I was at the friends house I tripped on his stairs and just noticed the f mode (IU for me) is broke and does not work. Is there any way I can switch it to another switch for the time being?

Lawn, is there any reason I should move then end point down wont this cause less throw in the servo?
Thats the idea, it doesnt need a ton of pos pitch. Go to your pitch curve in your Tx, and in your NORMAL mode set your curve 0-25-50-75-100 (for starters)..now put the stick in the middle (make sure the line in your pitch curve is in the middle..should be your 50% mark as well). At this position your swash should be level and you should have 0 pitch, if not adjust your link arms till it is. NOW, if this is all set and you still have a way more pos, simply drop your high end down to say...Idk..90% for starters. That will keep you from bogging it out if you cram the stick up and also keep from blowing the tail out.

Keep in mind that if you have the TH switch ON while your checking pitch, you need to be looking at the TH pitch curve on your screen. Or at least verify that your NORMAL & TH curves are the same first (if not, make them the same), if not you may not be looking at true "0%-mid stick-swash position" when your making your mechanical adjustments on the heli.

That may be why your having this problem to begin with, it is a very easy mistake to make. I done it the first few times...
Old 02-04-2012, 04:54 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

You can unplug the motors on the heli and leave the TH switch off (that way it wont spin up while your moving the collective stick to center)..then you can just work on the NORMAL curve and it wont confuse you.

Hope I didnt just confuse the hell outta you

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in