Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 180CFX

180CFX Blade 180CFX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2015, 10:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Trouble after microikon install

I got the 180 flying today with the microikon. It is very hot now in Texas, but not hotter than it was last week when I was flying the stock FBL. I took the heli up and it felt great so I did a flip which went great. Then, I tried a piro flip and the ESC cut out about half way through. Got it flipped back over but the landing was very hard. Had to push the boom back in and replace the main gear. Tried again and this time it cut out in the first flip. Noticed that it isn't a hard failure, but rather the motor slows way down Put it up a third time and just did a pitch pump and it cut out again in the same way. It's very weird and it did it on 2 different packs so I don't think it's a lipo problem. I have the video from the flights which I'll put up as soon as I get the video made. I'm using an orange dsmx satellite as the receiver. I tried to replace the orange satellite with a spektrum dsm2 satellite but so far I can't get it to bind with the Taranis. I'm baffled as to what the issue might be.
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2015, 10:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Check your motor bullets I've heard some are not soldered well.

Sent from S4 using the better than it was then they jacked it again Tapatalk
Vcontrol
tshelby73 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2015, 10:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Well, the motor connectors appear to be OK. However, something has failed. I see now the satellite takes a long to time to hook up to the radio and even when it does the servos don't move correctly. Something is frogged. Here is the video of the problem as it was earlier. It's worse now.

180cfx problems after uiKon install (1 min 44 sec)
Old 07-28-2015, 08:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Check your ESC for damage to the wires, check the motor plugs the ESC might be throwing an error and shutting things down
mattbeau is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2015, 10:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks. I pulled the ESC out and looked it over but there's nothing obvious. Picked a new one up at the local hobby shop but haven't had time to put it in. Hopefully I can put it in tomorrow and see if that fixes it.
Old 07-30-2015, 08:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi George. Waiting to hear what went wrong. I looked like it was flying great before the change out. I am very curious to hear what you think with the new flight controller.
websjk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2015, 10:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well, a new castle solved most of the problems. Unfortunately, somehow in the setup of the ikon the tail servo went all the way to one end of its throw and burned out. So,I'll have to replace that before I really get a chance to wring it out.
Old 07-31-2015, 11:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

What tail servo are you putting back on your heli. I just burned my tail servo out today. Was thinking about getting the H3060. No one has them in town that I can find so may have to order one. Really don't want to go back with a stock 76t, so I will be out for a week if I order. I guess i will FPV my quad until then.
websjk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2015, 04:13 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by websjk View Post
What tail servo are you putting back on your heli. I just burned my tail servo out today. Was thinking about getting the H3060. No one has them in town that I can find so may have to order one. Really don't want to go back with a stock 76t, so I will be out for a week if I order. I guess i will FPV my quad until then.
Plan to move the ds76t from my b400 over to the 180 and replace it with an h3060. I just received an order from Horizon yesterday. Wish I had checked on h3060 availability as I could have ordered one.
Old 08-06-2015, 06:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have the 180 flying again. It turns out the stock ESC failed. I suspect the problem is that I had the signal wire stretched too tight to reach the ikon and the CF frame frayed the wire. Mattbeau had it pegged. The problem I experienced with the tail servo turned out to not be a servo problem. Somehow in the ESC problems the iKon reset itself to defaults, or at least to settings I had not put in. The tail had changed to 760 center which stopped it from working. I went back through a full iKon setup and voila, the tail servo started working again. Sadly, I had already removed the tail servo from the 450 so I'll have to recheck the setup on that now.

This morning I gave the 180 yet another maiden voyage. I had the tail gain too high, but was able to tune that in a couple changes. Also had a turn too much negative pitch that I took out. It flew pretty well but I have the rates too low and the collective around center is very touchy. Hope to make a change and fly it again tonight once it gets close to dark and the temp goes below 100 degrees. Here's today's video (which is pretty tame):

microiKon 180cfx tuning flights (6 min 9 sec)
Old 08-06-2015, 07:25 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Glad you got it working, looks like the tail holds well and is working good
Old 08-06-2015, 09:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Woot!!!! Set the microiKon to hard 3D and raised the pitch expo to 10 and it's a LOT better.

180cfx microiKon 8-6-15 (3 min 18 sec)

Flying in Texas at 8pm at 102 degrees. Yikes.
Old 08-07-2015, 12:06 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice flying, i thought I was bad with a little hover in my backyard testing my x3 at 8:00

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in