Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2015, 07:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Best Charger?

I'm looking for a cheaper but good charger that can charge the Nano CPX. I don't like the idea of using AA batteries to charge the heli batteries.

Is there a universal charger that can do everything Blade?

Nano CPX, MCPX BL, 180 CFX, 300, 400 etc...

Thanks!
DX8 - Phoenix Sim
jkendt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2015, 01:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would think that most lipo chargers these days can do it. My Racing Star RS16 goes down to 0.1A which would work (or could do 0.2), so really it's more about being able to buy the adaptor so you can connect it.

I was lucky that my kids' MCX came with the power cable for the stock Nano charger so just use that. You can buy this for yours if you prefer not to use AAs.
Old 03-17-2015, 04:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I use one of these for my little 1S batteries. It's perfect for a Nano.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/tp103cq-...r-thp103cqacdc

For everything else, my vote is for the PowerLab 6.

I have the following combo and love it:

http://www.usastore.revolectrix.com/...A-XH_Combo_102

I run it with one of these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/24v-24-Volt-...item3cf053a332

I actually have two of those power supplies, and have considered buying a second combo in order to charge 12 batteries at once!
Art Henk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2015, 04:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I use this for my 1Sbatteries http://hitecrcd.com/products/charger...harger/product but I also have some helimax products which use a different connector

for my larger one si use a Great Planes Triton or Triton JR with my larger planes/ heli's I charge a few packs fly for a morning then spend the afternoon or next day re charging, my micros for some reason I want them charged all the time and ready for that perfect low wind day

Blade 230S, Nano cpx, nano qx/3dqx/fpv, 200qx MCPX V2, Align Trex 250, 250 DFCplus, Trex 450 plus,Trex 500, JR Forza 450, and more I retired
Cman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2015, 05:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

When I was starting out I was advised to purchase the best charger I could. I had the money and was ready to get the powerlab 8, but at the last minute I got the pl6 to save some dough. Big mistake! Now I'm limited to 6s lipos and I really want to charge some 7s packs right now but I cant... Just get a powerlab 8 be done with it. It's really cheap compared to other things in this hobby,
MotorG525 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2015, 08:09 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorG525 View Post
When I was starting out I was advised to purchase the best charger I could. I had the money and was ready to get the powerlab 8, but at the last minute I got the pl6 to save some dough. Big mistake! Now I'm limited to 6s lipos and I really want to charge some 7s packs right now but I cant... Just get a powerlab 8 be done with it. It's really cheap compared to other things in this hobby,
Yep, best advice ever. The Charger and Transmitter are the two main things that if you don't scrimp on when buying, will serve you well into the future. Hey who knows what you'll be flying in a few years.
Old 04-06-2015, 12:04 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

E-flite just put out a 4 port one that handles all their micro stuff 1s and 2s

http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/Su...rodID=EFLC1105

You can do them all with one charger if you get adapter boards and stuff but the boards will likely cost you as much as this charger.
Krinaman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in