Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters

E-Sky Helicopters E-Sky Line - Help each other out!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2008, 12:06 PM   #1 (permalink)

My HF Map location
Default Full throttle immediately

Hi.. total newbie to the rc's

Did a search of the forums with no results, maybe someone here knows the answer.

My son and I have a new HBK2 and are going slowly thru Radd's SofFlight thing. We have gone thru 4 bat charges with everthing doing well until yesterday.

I charged the battery as usual and when it was done plug'd in the battery etc. I also did a newbie no brainer too. I plugged in the heli before I turned on the controller. The heli went full throttle immediately and fortunately i was able to unplug it before things got really exciting.

Now... when I plug it in a fresh bat the bird goes full throttle immediately, and the controller is on, set to zero(throttle) and everything else set to neutral. Checked the switch for 3d and its pointing away from me.

So what went wrong???

brian
DumbDawg is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2008, 12:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default full throttle

I bet you fried the esc
mustbfst is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2008, 12:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

It is that easy to cook them???

Geez... if its that easy I'd better buy a bucket of the smeg'n things... I'm gonna see what some of the others think as well.

Maybe the reset switch on the back of my tv will reset the helo too... not.

oh well I hope its not.

thx
Old 03-03-2008, 01:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

yup its that easy they are very sensative I dont have the hbk but I have a Belt cp and did the same thing
Old 03-03-2008, 03:11 PM   #5 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Smeg... know where I can buy these in bulk???

I'm thinking now and it is painful, should I be looking for a better upgrade esc and which one?? I have another stock motor coming as I've heard these burn up quickly. I think I'll order a brushless outrunner now with a better esc... any suggestions??

thx
Old 03-03-2008, 03:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

try jaghobbiesor ka planes
Old 03-03-2008, 03:45 PM   #7 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Yup Thanks.. had'm bookmark'd and am scope'n them out now. Just have to figure a way of 'hiding' these upgrades and things... heh heh

Many Thx
Old 03-03-2008, 03:47 PM   #8 (permalink)

My HF Map location
Default Reprogramming ESC

Just had a thought... could it be its lost its programming?? And maybe a reprogramming may solve the problem??

I just unplugged the motor to see if the gyro did its thing and it does altho the light on top flickers a bit but probably doesn't matter that much, I hope.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Check the throttle reverse switch on the Tx, you might have accidentally flipped it or somebody did.
damyxz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2008, 07:43 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

And make sure your idle up switch on the throttle is set to "normal" mode too.
Old 03-05-2008, 11:50 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

wat happened to the esc??ive one too and woorried...
niteflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2008, 11:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumbDawg View Post
Hi.. total newbie to the rc's

Did a search of the forums with no results, maybe someone here knows the answer.

My son and I have a new HBK2 and are going slowly thru Radd's SofFlight thing. We have gone thru 4 bat charges with everthing doing well until yesterday.

I charged the battery as usual and when it was done plug'd in the battery etc. I also did a newbie no brainer too. I plugged in the heli before I turned on the controller. The heli went full throttle immediately and fortunately i was able to unplug it before things got really exciting.

Now... when I plug it in a fresh bat the bird goes full throttle immediately, and the controller is on, set to zero(throttle) and everything else set to neutral. Checked the switch for 3d and its pointing away from me.

So what went wrong???

brian
ok.....i tink i now noe y it happened.guessed ur throttle stick pos was way up and then u pluggd the the heli power up,rite?probably the instant surge of power may have fried the esc totally!man...u should be careful
niteflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2008, 04:12 PM   #13 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Not exactly. I made the mistake of not having the tx turned on first. The heli throttled up max when I plugged it in. Typical noob thing to do, not following a routine, thinking I had turned it on rather than checking.

I'm not sure why the esc would have been damaged when the tx wasn't on maybe someone can explain that. But anyway. I managed to unplug the bird with no further excitment and when I checked ALL the settings on the tx I then turned it on. Checked again, set it aside within reach, and went to plug in the bird again. Again it did the same thing. As soon as power was there the bird wanted to go full throttle. Nobody has really known why only to say the esc is cooked.

I ordered a new esc and I also ordered a brushless outrunner with esc. So I'm going to try the esc on the stock motor to see if it really did get cooked, lesson learned. If thats not the reason I need to track it down BEFORE I install the new motor and esc. Really would hate to cook a new set up.

Anyone with any thoughts on this or is it straight up the esc???

thx
Old 03-12-2008, 12:49 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If you are using the stock E-sky receiver, you might need to change it to different brand. We have experienced that some esky receivers are shipped faulty and sometimes the crystals are toast. These cheap single conversion receivers also are prone to glitches and sometimes will not play well with the stock e-sky gyro.
I recommend a corona 6 ch dual conversion receiver or the HDX 6ch dual conversion/single conversion receivers.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:40 AM   #15 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Ok... Well that maybe explains why it was having seizures just before it really went south.

My son was practicing, Radds FS, and when he was moving the bird back into the box the helo twitched about 4x's. Main blade spun a bit, enough to turn the whole helo about a quarter turn. So the boy would have to restraighten the bird out again. After we charged the battery and plugged in the helo again thats when things got exciting. It did the full throttle thang.

So I will check on receivers as well. I'll keep this one as a backup. Thx for the heads up
Old 03-13-2008, 12:10 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You can get the corona receivers from BP hobbies and helidirect chould have the HDX receivers in stock. We have really good experience with these receivers and has not given us any glitches yet. The fact that most of us still uses the 72mhz system speaks for it.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:09 AM   #17 (permalink)

My HF Map location

A stupido question then. Should I buy a corona receiver, 72mh, I shouldn't need to buy a crystal for the tx because it already has a 72mhz crystal,yes??? It should be a simple re & re on the receiver, no???

Bulgarian answer, yes no to the same question... lol
Old 03-14-2008, 02:12 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If you buy the corona receiver, also buy the dual conversion crystal which has the corresponding channel as your transmitter.
Old 03-14-2008, 11:03 AM   #19 (permalink)

My HF Map location

I am wondering about what I see on fleabay. As most people are well aware you get less than what you pay for often there.

But... googling came up with a corona at ebay maybe someone can tell if this is a real Corona or a chinese knock off and don't touch it.

Have a look at ebay... item #290189685122

Any input here would be great.

thx
Old 03-14-2008, 02:18 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

That does appear to be the real Corona, but not a particularly good price. You can get re-branded Corona receivers from both www.lightflightrc.com and www.bphobbies.com for less money and the added benefit of dealing with a known reputable dealer.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in