Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters > Compass 7HV, 7HVU and Chronos

Compass 7HV, 7HVU and Chronos Compass Compass 7HV, 7HVU and Chronos Model Helicopter Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2015, 03:53 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Finally had a few good flights today, resolved tail issue, radio programming error,
I can see this Chronos getting some good air time this year, On default settings already feels quite locked in! Need to make a few adjustments still, but very enjoyable flights. Opened up some huge air today with it, few good fast passes, fwd and rev, locked in nicely
crickr1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2015, 04:00 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

OUTSTANDING crickr1!
Old 05-02-2015, 04:32 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Clem View Post
OUTSTANDING crickr1!
+1.
Old 05-04-2015, 04:27 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Aside from a problem with programming my scorpion commander 130,
Got a few nice flights in today. Cannot access Gov mode on ESC.
Running flat curve and its even feeling good!, 80% th is very nice response and 5.30 flight time is awesome, IU2 # 90% is really starting to shine and the response on Chronos is excellent. Can't believe how comfortable it is to fly so soon for me.
I must add, it handles mother earth quite well too,
Lost power yesterday on a slow pass about 100ft up, thought ESC shut down, So quiet, Didnt have much headspeed and she fell pretty hard.
Was able to slow descent and land level but did have a good thud.
Broke landing gear, and 1 blade cracked. Otherwise took it well, I was expecting more damage.
Further inspection revealed motor had slipped, wasnt sure if from crash at first because no damage to main gear, After repair,my flights today made me more confident it was loose motor not ESC.
Overall , very happy with Chronos and would recommend.
Old 06-22-2015, 10:06 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

HELP!!

I just started to build my Chronos Tech upgrade. I pulled the bearings in the main grips out and I have 2 of the washers between the Thrust bearings and the outer radial bearings. Scott's video and manual only shows 1. What is correct? I would hate to put it all back together and then have the feathering shaft bolts put too much preload on the dampers.
mpolzin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2015, 10:10 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

I pulled all of the screws out of the swash to locktight them and the 4 screws around the ball when reinstalled were very tricky to get the correct tension so the ball would not lock up. I must have tried 6 or 7 times. Each time I had to back them out and push the ball loose from the back and try to re-torque them just right. Has anyone else had this issue. Should I have left these screws alone???
Old 06-23-2015, 08:19 AM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpolzin View Post
HELP!!

I just started to build my Chronos Tech upgrade. I pulled the bearings in the main grips out and I have 2 of the washers between the Thrust bearings and the outer radial bearings. Scott's video and manual only shows 1. What is correct? I would hate to put it all back together and then have the feathering shaft bolts put too much preload on the dampers.
Only one spacer between those bearings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpolzin View Post
I pulled all of the screws out of the swash to locktight them and the 4 screws around the ball when reinstalled were very tricky to get the correct tension so the ball would not lock up. I must have tried 6 or 7 times. Each time I had to back them out and push the ball loose from the back and try to re-torque them just right. Has anyone else had this issue. Should I have left these screws alone???
I checked mine for thread lock. Had no issue adjusting for operating clearance. Just make minute adjustments with threadlock on the screws.
Old 06-23-2015, 11:12 AM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the help. I can't wait to fly this thing.
Old 06-23-2015, 01:02 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Carries alot of authority to the skies with it's large presence and it's performance.
Old 06-23-2015, 02:58 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

[QUOTE=Rob43;6539768]Only one spacer between those bearings.

+1. Mine came with two spacers too. I decided to use just one spacer but a thinner one from the GAUI X3 - main shaft spacer.
Old 06-23-2015, 10:26 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't think the thickness is a super critical matter as the o-rings break-in and take a compressed set.
Old 06-25-2015, 05:49 AM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

Takes about 5 flights to break in head. First few flights head is very tight, thought something was wrong. Was assured normal just needed to break in and that was true. Now the head is very smooth. The swash was somewhat tight too from what I recall. If you try to "Adjust" tension on ball, check after every flight that it does not loosen up on you. Usually built in tolerances are tight for a reason.

Good luck and enjoy!
Old 06-26-2015, 09:49 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by crickr1 View Post
Takes about 5 flights to break in head. First few flights head is very tight, thought something was wrong. Was assured normal just needed to break in and that was true. Now the head is very smooth. The swash was somewhat tight too from what I recall. If you try to "Adjust" tension on ball, check after every flight that it does not loosen up on you. Usually built in tolerances are tight for a reason.

Good luck and enjoy!
Correct crickr1...Compass calculate everything!
Same here when I installed the upgrades in the 7HV, swash very tight so the grips.And let's not talk abt the tail on my newly built 550U...after few flights all went smooth like silk!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in