Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 120 SR

120 SR Blade (eFlite) 120 SR Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2010, 09:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Training Gear availability

I'm thinking it's a good idea to transition from a mCX2 to an SR 120 before attempting an SR. Is there a training gear that will fit the SR 120?
OcalaGary is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2010, 08:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I went from the mcx to the 120, no training gear needed. I have crashed hard, but t-gear would not have helped! Not as easy as an mcx but you'll get the hang of it pretty quick. It inspires confidence, and for me at least, that confidence inspired my crashes!
highnpressurized is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2010, 08:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Having flown the mcx you should be used to quickly lowering the stick in the event of an imminent crash. That reaction will save an msr or sr120 most of the time prior to crashes. The sr120 is durable and often is ready to fly again after most crashes. Training gear would add weight and change the flight characteristics. I think if you take it slow and have a good size flying space you'll be just fine without the gear.
-Phillip Johnson, AMA #954735
LegndarySaiyan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2010, 03:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had a MCX2 for about 2 weeks.Then stepped up to the 120SR i bought the training gear even though it has added more weight it has paid for itself at least 3 times over so far. It helps me with the left right sliding landings. I would imagine another few weeks before im comfortable to take it off
DSG04Lightning is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2010, 10:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The dude who sold me the 120 SR gave me the training gear for the SR (EFLH1527). They'll stay on but they're a bit loose and will come off in a hard crash.

It flies a bit different from the MCX2, but you don't really need training gears though. It might be a bit scary at first, but it's pretty much as forgiving as a single rotor heli can get. I've put mine into the ground, the wall, the table, my leg, etc. many times and the worst that's happened was broken rotors. I broke the flybar and cracked the canopy, but that was from a 45 degree dive straight into the ground from about 20 feet up. I don't think the training gear would have helped much had I used it then.

It drifts a bit to the left when you're taking off and it can get pretty fast if you give it too much elevator or aileron, but you'll get used to it pretty quick. I don't think you can even tip the thing unless you really try. Just start off in low rate mode and go gentle on the sticks. Worst case scenario, you just drop the throttle and let it hit the ground. If you're 4' feet or less and flying slow, it'll survive without any damage.
Lunchbox is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2010, 09:15 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I believe that the training gear do more harm than good. They seem to act as a pendulum and cause the heli to swing from one extreme to the other and maybe TBE? I took them off and immediately noticed much more stable flight....so I'll just have to be more careful when approaching the ground..
OcalaGary is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in