Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Castle Creations ESC and Software

Castle Creations ESC and Software Castle Creations ESC Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2011, 07:23 AM   #1 (permalink)

My HF Map location
Default Planning control circuit, is a Castle BEC Pro good to use?

Hello all

I am working on the planning stage of my control circuit for my KX018E01, 700E FBL kit and was wondering what to do and use.

Someone at my club who has built a lot of large helos told me that the Align RCE-B6X unit the kit comes with is pretty bad, but it sure is nice how it has a integrated switch as well as the power lever lights too.

But if its no good I don't mind ditching it but then the decision is, what to use?

I am pretty familiar with the Castle products and have the USB link so I was thinking of the 20A Pro?

So other then the Pro, I welcome any other suggestions.

Thanks for any help.
WBFAir is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2011, 07:43 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If you plan on using the CCBECPRO..suggest you run it on 6S...

there is also Western Robotics BEC which are extremely good

nightflyr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2011, 08:14 AM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Thansk for the reply nightflyr

Of the WR BEC's, which one would be the right one?

Is their linear unit here a good one http://www.western-robotics.com/herc...inear_car.html.

I like how that one has the indicator lights and as well can work with their separate rocker too: http://www.western-robotics.com/power-switch_car.html , and the remote LED here: http://www.western-robotics.com/RGB-LED-Ext_car.html

Btw guess I haven't had enough cups of coffee yet today so I don't know why I mentioned it that way but I do not plan to run the BEC off the main packs but from a separate 7.4 LiPo.

Will make a edit of that in the OP.

Also in a bit of a side question, I noticed a few guys mount these BEC's that have cooling fins with the fins mounted inward. An I also noticed that for the WR BEC, that they even have the indicator light so that's how you would do it.

But wouldn't it be better to mount that outside?
WBFAir is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2011, 10:53 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBFAir View Post
Btw guess I haven't had enough cups of coffee yet today so I don't know why I mentioned it that way but I do not plan to run the BEC off the main packs but from a separate 7.4 LiPo.
if using a separate lipo, would recommend you just use the bec pro, but if you want to run off the main packs i would recommend http://www.western-robotics.com/herc...er-BEC_hp.html

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in