Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > Phoenix Flight Sim

Phoenix Flight Sim Phoenix Flight Sim

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2014, 07:58 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Another success here. So glad I found this thread, and the link in post 22. Version 2.5 on the original DVD, and I had to re-instal. Couldn't believe it when it didn't update. Had resigned myself to paying for an update until I did a search on Helifreak and found this thread.

Currently now doing the automatic updats from version 4 k to q.

Thanks guys.

Cheers

Sutty
sutty is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2014, 03:29 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Been using 4.0.r quite happily with my dx6i and all of a sudden I get USB interface is not currently detected... Any ideas? I am waiting for support to mail me. Dx works fine with heli

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
theshredder is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2014, 04:16 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

You're not turning it on before you plug it in are you? I stymied myself for a bit with that error.
Old 02-17-2014, 05:22 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshredder View Post
Been using 4.0.r quite happily with my dx6i and all of a sudden I get USB interface is not currently detected... Any ideas? I am waiting for support to mail me. Dx works fine with heli

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

my bad a windows 8 update and it put direct x v11 on and the programme wouldn't run
i ran http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35
it worked and i happily running again

update after turning off for a while and returning i get the same error,but this time windows does not recognize the usb device..

Last edited by theshredder; 02-18-2014 at 01:20 AM..
theshredder is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2014, 04:54 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyn View Post
I just noticed that the file I downloaded from Phoenix doesn't have the 'k' in it. Try the link below instead.

http://www.phoenix-sim-files.com/upd..._40_update.exe
http://www.phoenix-sim-files2.com/up..._40_update.exe
http://www.phoenix-sim-files3.com/up..._40_update.exe

Any idea for 5.0... I had to re-install 4.0, but now it does not show the 5.0 update
ecard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2014, 11:43 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just updated Phoenix on my desktop to 5.0 then to 5.0b. Never ran it until 5.0b was installed so not sure if it would have worked before b or not. Anyways now it won't run at all. Starts ok but can't get past this error popup.
If I start it in Safe mode the error doesn't come up until I choose a heli but once it comes up games over. All I can do is force it to close.
Going to try to just copy over the 4.0q folder from my laptop to a different location on my desktop and see if it will run without having to re-install.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	phoenixerror.JPG
Views:	439
Size:	117.9 KB
ID:	488515  
Old 02-19-2014, 10:15 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was doing some snooping around in the file structure of the new release and found that if I put my downloaded bit ps into the named model file for say the Trex 500 the downloaded file would show up and allow you to select it.

Program Files(x86)>Phoenixrc>resources>objects>aircraft>he licopters>Electric>trex500

Where it says electric in the path you can change that to performance for more Heli choices.

Get ready for a lot of manual work because you will need to do this for each model you have customized.

R.O.G.
whitehedr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2014, 11:09 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecard View Post
Any idea for 5.0... I had to re-install 4.0, but now it does not show the 5.0 update
They shutdown the upgrade process for now...
ecard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2014, 01:22 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecard View Post
They shutdown the upgrade process for now...
For those wanting to see the train wreck, v4 can still be updated to v5 by manually downloading/applying the q to r .phx update file, otherwise stick with v4 if you want a "flight simulator" because v5 (a or b) ain't one.
brownell is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2014, 01:55 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Version 5 totally broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry227 View Post
Just updated Phoenix on my desktop to 5.0 then to 5.0b. Never ran it until 5.0b was installed so not sure if it would have worked before b or not. Anyways now it won't run at all. Starts ok but can't get past this error popup.
If I start it in Safe mode the error doesn't come up until I choose a heli but once it comes up games over. All I can do is force it to close.
Exactly the same situation for me

Well done Phoenix - not

Let's just hope they get their act together quickly. In the meantime, I guess I will have to uninstall and then re-install from CD...
tsoebirk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2014, 06:47 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I emailed Phoenix about my issue right away last night right before I went to bed and got an answer this morning. They're having me send them some logs and stuff so for now I'll leave it installed and see if they can figure me out a fix.
I figured out this morning it's only crashing on me when I load a heli. I can load and fly planks just fine.
If I get too hard up I can still fly 4.0 on my laptop.
Old 02-20-2014, 06:52 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up Excellent Phoenix support

I, too, e-mailed Phoenix last night. Within an hour, they had replied requesting some logs. We exchanged several e-mails before I went to bed, where they provided patched files for the simulator and requested logs back. I turned around one more log file before work this morning, and a few hours ago they sent me a new patch that fixed the issue. Wow!

They also said that this correction will be included in the next automatic update, which I believe will be 5.0.d. Given that they have already released 2 updates within a few days, I expect that this will be released within a day or two.

I have to say that this is the best software support I have received in a very long time. Well done Phoenix! Of course it can be argued that this bug should have never made it into a release in the first place, but being a software developer myself I also appreciate that 100% test coverage is impossible ;-)
tsoebirk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2014, 08:10 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Phoenix got my issue fixed this morning with a new helicopter.sim file they emailed me. They said it would be included in the next auto-update.
Old 02-21-2014, 08:16 AM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Think I'll take a copy of my Phoenix folder before I try v5!!

Citizen#170 sent from tapatalk
Citizen#170. Rave ENV electric Goblin630. Protons 500 all on msh brain and. Frsky Taranis
MouldyRF is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2014, 07:04 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

When your heli model is on the ground and at zero throttle are your mains turning at a slow rate of about 450 rpm. It is doing that on my copy and i cant find where to stop it. I set the engine idle parameter to zero and it still turns. My throttle curve should produce a stopped main. No Joy. Anybody else seeing this?

R.O.G.
whitehedr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2014, 11:59 AM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Phoenx v5.e

Just updated to Phoenix v5.e Works just fine. Doesn't want to offer any sites or models though.
Old 02-23-2014, 03:25 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

im still not seeing the 5 update when i go to manually up day any ideas? and you cant download it from the web site
AMA#948801
Elios000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2014, 04:59 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elios000 View Post
im still not seeing the 5 update when i go to manually up day any ideas? and you cant download it from the web site
In order to update to v5, you need to first get the v4.0.q to v4.0.r update. but they pulled that off the automatic update list after only a few hours. The "r" update file is still on the Phoenix server for manual download, however it's not on the download page presumably for the same reason they halted the auto-update... v5 is not yet suitable for widespread public distribution. The link to the manual download has been posted a couple times, but currently updating to v5 will result in significantly less usable flight simulator than v4.
Old 03-02-2014, 04:58 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Download keeps stopping

This is annoying as heck. Last night I was well into part 2 of 4 in the version 5 download and a note popped up saying that the download had failed and asked me if I want to retry, I said yes and it started and stopped many times after that. I figured I would wait until today and try again and the same thing, I get well into the 2nd part of the update and their servers time out or something like that. I am not downloading the video part. Here is the kicker for me, every time I have to re do this download I have to re-download the first part at 43565kb every time, I only have a 50 gig limit with my ISP so having to re-download the same file over and over again really eats into the data im allowed. Not to mention my time as I now have to babysit the download in case it stops and needs re starting again and again. Why the heck cant Phoenix put the files that have been downloaded already during a multi part download into a file and keep it so if you have to re download due to their servers being busy then at least you could continue from were you left off. My download speed is plenty fast but I do get tired of downloading something that I just did 10 mins ago I never had this problem going from 3 to 4 that's for sure. When I clicked on the support tab it takes me to the Horizon page with that stupid pre question pop up section so there was basically no help there. How is it some of you folks are able to email Phoenix, I cant find a way to contact them other than through Horizon and that was going no where fast.
Old 03-02-2014, 07:29 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanky17 View Post
How is it some of you folks are able to email Phoenix, I cant find a way to contact them other than through Horizon and that was going no where fast.
Let me start off by saying that I don't recommend updating to v5 yet. It is still full of bugs, and some features that are in v4 either don't work, or have been (temporarily) removed. The only noticeable difference between v4 and v5 as of today (March 2, 2014) is that planes and helis behave "differently". "Different" does not necessarily mean "better"

Considering your band width situation, if v5 does not work on your computer, or you hate it (which is not uncommon), you'll end up uninstalling and reinstalling from CD, if you're lucky and have a very recent CD, you may start out as high as 4.0.i but you'll still need to download five v4 updates just to get back to v4.0.s, which presumably is where you are right now. If you only have v2.5 on CD, you're looking at well over 1GB worth of updates to get back to v4.0.s. You've been sufficiently informed... do whatever you think will make you the happiest.

Phoenix support email - support@phoenix-sim.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in