Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2012, 02:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default is the JR XG8 a good radio???

is the jr xg8 a good radio for helis and planks??? if there is something better let me know, i want something that i will not grow out of, also was thinking about the Aurora 9
redsoper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2012, 04:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Cool

I have the Aurora 9 with the optima 9 reciever , best invesvestment I made in a long time , the learning curve is a bit steep , but the more you learn the more you apprecaite the Tx
Old 05-03-2012, 07:07 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The XG8 isn't just a great radio,using both Spread Spectrum and Frequency Hopping to build a great radio link,but it's programming capabilities are exhaustive.It is a particulary good radio for helis because,when in heli mode,it sends the signal info for your three cyclic controls at the same time,instead of in sequence.I have had the DX8,9303,and the Aurora 9,but I like the XG8 better.get one into your hands and you'll see for yourself.Another great option is the XG7 at $160.JR quality,and a great price.
destinbeachman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2012, 08:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Are they even for sale in the US yet?

Team GrandRC
ualdrivr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2012, 08:45 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

One thing I'm confused on, and I know there was a huge thread on this somewhere, what's DMSS? I'm guessing it's the result of JR / Spektrum split and it's own deal not compatible with Spektrum receivers? That's not a big deal for me as I've just switched to Futaba from Spektrum.

I had a DX-7 and JR 9303 (burned in fire). Always liked the 9303, almost got the 9503, love the look/feel/feature of the Futaba 8FGS so went there.

I'm incredibly happy with the Futaba 8FGS and keep my DX-7 for BnF stuff.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy JR either.

I'm happy with the Spektrum DX-8 feature set, I just don't like the feel of the tx.
Blade 130X
drdispatch is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2012, 10:51 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

my friend has a xg8 it feels great looks great compaired to other radios i have held dx6, dx7 dx8,i still wanna hold a Aurora 9 to see what it feels like.my friend let me mess around with it, i like all the features on the xg8, oh how many stunt modes are on the xg8?? i think i might get it, found it for 399$ i have read that they are comming out with the xg9 mybe i should wait?? thanks fellow freaks for all your support,knowledge!!! and keep the posts comming on this trend about the xg8.
redsoper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2012, 11:03 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi m8

I've had a number of radios from old 35mhz futaba and hitech to new 2.4ghz sets. I've had an xg7 then bought an xg8. By far and away it's a very good radio system. It looks good, feels good and has never let me down. I'm now looking at getting the xg11
Martin353 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2012, 12:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Been using the XG8 since last year when it was launched here, great radio, DMSS technology, programming very easy for planks, gliders and helicopters. Only downside it is not compatible with the older DMS/X receivers or bind and fly stuff. Thats why I kept my trusty DX7.

Also looking at the XG11 as this really looks nice. Waiting for the local distributor to get their in.

For everybody's info, JR and Spektrum NEVER split as they were never TOGETHER. Only had an agreement re the use of Spektrum technology and this has now come to an end. In fact JR manufactures the Spektrum DX18 radio!
Old hand at Planks
Peter
Vinger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2012, 09:54 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here is a bit more info on DMSS. Read the note toward the bottom, about non compatibility with previous DSM or DSMX. That's a deal breaker for me, which is a darn shame . I really like the looks and features of the radio, but I don't want to change RXs. Maybe 11x is the way to go.

http://jrradios.com/Products/Default...rodID=JRP00615

Having said that, the new DX18 by Spectrum looks really nice and priced much more reasonably than the Futaba 18 channel TX.

http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/D...rodId=SPM18000

Team GrandRC
ualdrivr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in