Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 150 Class Electric Helicopters

150 Class Electric Helicopters 150 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dale_p

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2019, 01:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Tip over on takeoff

My trex suddenly developed a problem where the Swash tilts to the right during spool up and drifts to the right during flight. I have replaced the main shaft and feathering shaft so I don’t think it’s vibration related . It happens without the blades on too. Does anyone have any ideas? My transmitter channels are reading centered in the app, I believe it must be a gyro problem. I fly in 3D mode.
Trex 150X tip over problem (0 min 16 sec)
LegendJeff is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2019, 02:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

You mentioned that the channel is reading centered. But what about during spool up? Sounds like Spektrum... Can you watch the monitor screen on your DX# during spool up to seee if it is also centered? Maybe you accidentally hit trim while in your spool up flight mode. Trims are/can be flight mode specific, so zeroed in one fight mode might not mean zero trim in another.

If that all looks good I’d still say it’s vibration. Try removing the tail blades. Is your main gear stripped like crazy? Doesn’t sound like it but maybe.
xoexoe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2019, 02:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Also try disengaging the main gear by removing it. That should get rid of almost all vibration except the motor.
xoexoe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2019, 02:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Great points. For backstory The problem started earlier this week and caused my crash, bad crash. Because of the right Drift I smashed into a tree during circuits. The crash damaged a lot of parts, I had to replace the main shaft, feathering shaft, blades grips ball bearings, tail boom, main gear. Now that all the parts are replaced, it looks really smooth during spool up, just this extreme swash tilt during takeoff and mild drift right in flight.

I did a recheck of my tx monitor and the app during normal mode, all looks well, even while watching it during spool up. I don’t think it’s in the transmitter.
Old 09-02-2019, 01:39 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Any loose or frayed wires? Servos all working smoothly without any clicks or pops? Maybe try switching the servos to see if the problem is the servos?
navigator2011 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2019, 01:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendJeff View Post
Great points. For backstory The problem started earlier this week and caused my crash, bad crash. Because of the right Drift I smashed into a tree during circuits. The crash damaged a lot of parts, I had to replace the main shaft, feathering shaft, blades grips ball bearings, tail boom, main gear. Now that all the parts are replaced, it looks really smooth during spool up, just this extreme swash tilt during takeoff and mild drift right in flight.

I did a recheck of my tx monitor and the app during normal mode, all looks well, even while watching it during spool up. I don’t think it’s in the transmitter.
I've experienced something similar, turned out to be a fried servo. It would lean to the side with the failed servo when a load was applied like spooling up, otherwise the seevobacted normal when checking for level.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
navigator2011 likes this.
dale_p is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2019, 02:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

thanks Dale. that a really interesting case.. I would have never thought that was possible. I guess I will purchase another servo and see what happens! Stay tuned
Old 09-04-2019, 03:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

A quick check would be to change servos around, left and right based upon your video. If it leans to the other side then you found the culprit.
dale_p is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2019, 04:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

With the (L) and (R) Servos reversed, it does the exact same thing - the swash tilts to the right still. To make things worse, I now realize that both servos are moving to tilt right - one goes up, one goes down, so I doubt both servos have failed. You can see them both move and reset after throttle hold in my original video. Any other ideas?
Old 09-04-2019, 04:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

150X servos reversed - tilt remains (0 min 18 sec)
Old 09-04-2019, 04:53 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Also, I was able to calibrate my dx9 and now I do not need any sub trim. I removed the trim and it didnt change anything. see my video above for results of swapping servos and fixing tx calibration.
Old 09-04-2019, 05:21 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

As a last ditch effort I went ahead and re-bound the transmitter and redid stick travel in the app. Now the heli miraculously works perfect again!! No more swash lean.

I would think it was the subtrim causing the problem, but the heli worked that way for awhile fine. Now that I re-calibrated my tx, no need for sub trim, and re-bound to heli and all is perfect. Thank you all for your help. I hope this helps someone else!
Old 09-04-2019, 05:45 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am glad your 150X is back in the air!!!

navigator2011 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in