Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2015, 10:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Help - Trying to fly after a few years off

Hey everyone,

I have a few heli's: an mcx2, and msrx, and also a nano qx. I am using a DX6i for all of them.

I haven't flown in a while and am experiencing the same thing with all three. I can get them to hover, but they spin in circles and I have no control moving them left, right, front or back. They just go up and down and spin....all three.

I am assuming its something with the controller, but, I have no idea where to start.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kevin
Kevinw23 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2015, 03:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Let's start with your mcx2.

I will get lazy and put numerous 4 channel aircraft on the same model in the transmitter. Since you are having problems, let's dedicate a separate model in your transmitter to each of them beginning with the mcx2.

Take a look at the mcx2 manual. Look at trouble shooting for spinning on page 17 which starts with making sure trims are centered. Also rebind following the DX6i instructions to the letter on page 8.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/EFLH...al-BNF-RTF.pdf

If that did not fix it, program your DX6i for mcx2 starting from scratch. And rebind. Check trims centered.

It sux that Horizon Hobby does not put mcx2 DX6i settings in the manual or on the mcx2 product information page so give these settings a try. Start over and program from scratch including trims centered.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=300607

Your problem seems to be transmitter related. However, the most common mcx2 mechanical control problem that I am aware of is pushing the battery into the servo gear. Insure the battery is not pushed into and binding a servo.

Good luck. Report back.

Once your mcx2 is good, the thought process is the same for the msrx and nano qx. Consult the Blade manual or use Google for correct DX6i transmitter settings, reprogram from scratch, verify trims neutral, follow bind process for the make and model of RC helicopter-binding procedures vary-particularly throttle stick position and movement during bind.
megawhacker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2015, 11:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I tried to re-bind and no luck. Also went through and made sure every setting was set per the link, and no luck either.

So weird, all three do the same thing......it has to be controller related. I just don't know enough to figure it out....lol
Old 11-23-2015, 12:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Next I think I would check the monitor screen to verify rudder is centered. Page 85. See if the rudder moves on the monitor when you move the stick. Do you have full travel?

If no help, I would check whether the rudder is reversed and try the other way from what you have selected. Page 87.

https://www.spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/...anual_DX6i.pdf

Perhaps check all sub trims are zero. Page 105.

Note the helicopter programming guide begins on page 77.

At some point call HH customer support for assistance.

Your situation seems to be outside of my personal experience.

My personal experience includes...

1. Tail rotor reversed on FP motorized tail.
2. Tail mechanically reversed on CP helicopter.
3. Gyro on helicopter not set correct direction.
4. Rudder reverse not set correctly in transmitter.
5. Rudder servo failure.
megawhacker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2015, 06:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Well, you were a big help!!!! it was the rudder. I just reversed it, and things started behaving! Now, I need to still figure out getting them to just hover without drifting in one direction or the other, but I am at least able to fly again! Thank you so much.
Old 11-28-2015, 05:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinw23 View Post
Well, you were a big help!!!! it was the rudder. I just reversed it, and things started behaving! Now, I need to still figure out getting them to just hover without drifting in one direction or the other, but I am at least able to fly again! Thank you so much.
I have the mSR X you listed, and the DX6i as well. I believe many mSR Xs have a tendency to drift in a certain direction, right out of the box (mine does this: it drifts left and forward, the left drift is much sharper, the forward drift only slight.

For me, that created a bad habit of going too hard on the sticks to try and correct, then re-correct again in the opposite direction, etc. I could get away with it outdoors, though it was not pretty to watch and led to my mSR X taking a beating.

There is sticky in the mSR sub-forum on symptoms and a simple, cost free MM mod you can do to correct this and improve its hover and overall flight characteristics: https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=372983

Other threads on the first page of the mSR X sub-forum elaborate on the MM mod in more detail. There is also a sticky there on recommended DX6i settings.

My mSR X is down right now with a broken blade grip, as is one of my 2 mSRs. I'm leaving the blade grips on the flyable mSR I'm still in the process of tweaking (again). Both of my mSRs will fly in a near perfect hover - after repaired and tuned up (have had to do this several times, more so on the tuning end than the repairing).

I just blew, well beyond my original budget, a wad on a Chase 360 combo kit to build over the winter - this is after buying a DX6i and Phoenix combo already this month (in heli terms, I've just transitioning from caveman to the middle ages - in both skill level and technology). The store I bought the kit from had no blade grips in stock, which nuked my plan to pick up needed spares with the order.

Blade grips, in my experience, are the achilles heel on the mSR X, when you are crashing it with any frequency. The skid would be a runner up. I've also torn the canopy in a couple places, but will simply scotch tape the tears on the inside for now and see how that holds up.

All of my helis are still stock, but I'm contemplating upgrading the blade grips on my mSR X with something from Rakon Heli or another after-market producer. This is purely for added durability, as I don't care about the bling factor.

Once you are ready to take the plunge, I really recommend an RC sim as well - its how I wound up with my DX6i (Phoenix Flight Sim plus DX6i bundled together for much less than their combined price when bought separately). Where you have the DX6i already, you can get Phoenix with an interlink cable to use it with your DX6i for about $100 US. Its a sound investment that I would have made 3 years ago if I could go back in time.

Lastly, I found that with all of my on/off (more off than on) usage and uncharged storage of my lipos, that none were performing well. The oldest barely held a charge, the others would last maybe 2-3 minutes. I bought 4 new lipos and disposed of the old ones. That's something to consider if you suspect your batteries are under-performing, and a thread in the mSR X sub-forum compares various compatible batteries for it (I have no idea if your other helis require a different lipo or not - my mSRs and mSR X use the same lipos, while my 120 SR requires a larger 1S lipo).
Blade Scraper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in