Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Align 3G FBL System > Align 3GX FBL System

Align 3GX FBL System Align 3GX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2012, 10:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 3GX and Futaba 8FG

Any one using an 8fg that might be able to answer a question? I didn't remember having this problem when i set up my 550 when i had the 3gx on it, but my issue is I bought a 450 to to fool around with at home. Anyways radio setup right HR3 etc,setting my servos for 90 deg at mid stick while in the Dir menu on the 3gx and i cant find a single arm of the 4 that came with the kit that is close to being 90.
So ok gonna have to use some subtrim, well i remember having to use just a bit on the 550 on a servo or two,but on the 410's with the 450 I am at like a 120ish subtrim on all 3 servos to get them 90 its like they hardly even move as I am adding subtrim. I swapped the 4 arms around on the different servos trying to get at least one or two that was close but no such luck,the TR servos wasn't an issue found 90 with one of the sides of the servo horn that it came with. So any ideas why my subtrim is so high ? just don't seem right to me.
Reever45 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2012, 08:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If you copied over the settings from the 550 you may have to go into the menu on the 8FG and zero out the any of the sub trim, and mixing settings
Once you make sure your Swash is level adjust your swash mix to bring the servos to level before using any sub trim. Then find the arm that fits as close to 90 as possible.
Now finish your 3GX set-up
BigEddie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2012, 08:58 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Didn't copy made new model, I always setup servo arms to be 90 on the servo's before i even put them in the heli it just seems easier that way to me. What i don't really understand is why it takes so much subtrim to move the arms just a little bit.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:16 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

No expert here but does the manual have a suggestion for the swash mix settings or do you have these set at 50% My 500 EFL Pro is set-up at about 42% and I needed no subtrim at all!
Also, I recall the 8FG transmitter has a selection for T1-T4 Set that adjusts the digital trim step change .This can be accessed in the linkage menue The initial value should be 4 which is very fine adjustment> Page 72 of manual.

Ed
Again
BigEddie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2012, 10:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ed,
Thanks for the help,I am not worried about my swash mix settings yet i am just trying to get servo arms to 90. I do know there is also a subtrim for cyclic servos in one of the swash menu's but it makes no difference if i use that or normal subtrim menu the numbers seem way high to me. Yes you can adjust the trim step for your trims but i don't know if that affects subtrim steps.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

550 and 8FG

I used a swash leveller to get to these values and idd the numbers can get very high since the movement is miniscule. here are mine ( just as a reference ) it doesn't mean anyway otherwise

ail -46
ele +106
rud +29 ( even forgot I added that )
pit 91
rest @ 0
zomaar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2012, 12:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

you will have to subtrim using the stock arms try and keep it low as possible
Old 04-20-2012, 10:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino Spadaccini View Post
you will have to subtrim using the stock arms try and keep it low as possible
I moved servos and arms around and finally got

Ele 0
Ail 35
Pit 120
With the 4 arms that came with kit that's the closest I could get.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in