Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Electric Motors, Gearing, Speed Controls, Gyros, Receivers, and Other Electronics Discussion

Electric Motors, Gearing, Speed Controls, Gyros, Receivers, and Other Electronics Discussion Electric Motors, Gearing, Speed Controls, Gyros, Receivers and Other Electronics Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2012, 09:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default esc stopped working?

so i have a 18 amp dji esc that stopped working after a small crash.
the crash was not under power (it was actually caused by hitting the off stick command during flight)

the esc just gets warmer and warmer when plugged in. the motor gets stiff and doesnt move or beep or anything. after i unplug the lipo the motor becomes loose again. ive tried swapping both the esc to a different motor and the motor to a different esc. it is defiantly the esc.

so is it shot? or is there something i can do?
seeyalaterbye is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2012, 10:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Probably not. Make sure all your connectors are solder solid and nothing is loose.
dtabuenc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2012, 10:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

ive gone over everything a couple of time and i cant find anything loose or broken all the solder joints look good. im going to try hooking up the esc to the lipo by itself to see if it still latches up or if it does anything different.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:14 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

yup same thing. also tried disconnecting the esc then powering up my receiver with the signal leads connected to rx, then connecting the esc. it does the same thing. motor gets stiff and the small resistors toward the motor end of the esc get hot. nothing looks burned and i havent seen any smoke yet.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:55 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Same motor works on other ESC? If so stop trying it with the broken ESC you risk burning things up even more. Just replace it.
dtabuenc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in