Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > Mars/Poseidon

Mars/Poseidon Mars and Poseidon Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2007, 12:28 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default GAZAUR 480 one AWESOME heli

hello has anyone but me tried out the GAZAUR , ive owned 5 t-rexs in the past year and still have one i just kept buying everytime the local hobbyshop got a newer one on shelf and i kept the new v2 with the direct servo mounts .a couple of mounths ago i decided to buy me a new heli cause i really enjoy building and setting them up so i ordered a SJM 400v2 gold version and after i got it up and going there was alot i didnt like so i ordered a GAZAUR 480 and love it ,i havent flown my rex since this is the most awesome flying bird ive ever flew and theres not much i havent owned or flew so im including some photos and details also a higher head speed on the GAZAUR makes it fly even better ,equipment is ( JR 9303 2.4 with the R921 2.4 receiver, FUTABO 401 with the BLS 251 on the tail , FUTABO S3002 on the swash , GAZAUR 480 VG2 motor ,11.1 3s 2100mah Neu-Energy li-po ,and i love this set-up . if anyone is thinking about a new heli check this out it is awesome and verystable and after some wild flying my batt. and motor were alot cooler than i had expected .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02964.jpg
Views:	863
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	30845   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02965.jpg
Views:	699
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	30846   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02963.jpg
Views:	509
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	30847  
robbin wilham is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2007, 02:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Robbin
Nice looking bird something different for sure. I think I would flip the tail servo the other side of the boom to stop it getting taken out in a boomstrike.

What are the yellow red buttons??? for ?

Cheers
Glenn
Hirobo Quark & a few PLANKZ, Extra 260, Akromaster...
Yamaha YZF-R1
theglennster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2007, 09:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

I have been thinking about getting one of these.... Hmmmmm

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2007, 04:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by theglennster View Post
Robbin
Nice looking bird something different for sure. I think I would flip the tail servo the other side of the boom to stop it getting taken out in a boomstrike.

What are the yellow red buttons??? for ?

Cheers
Glenn
Thats not his gyro, it's the sensor array for an FMA co-pilot, probably the ccpm version. I would assume the yellow and red buttons are for the pre-flight calibrations.
700 size scale Bell Jet Ranger 206BIII, 450 size scale UH-1N, 180 size fpv race/freestyle quad w/Fatshark Dominator V3 goggles, mCPX BL, some edf jets and a plank or two, DX8, AMA# 923167, Clubs: Silver Hills RC, Coeur D Alene Modelers Association
JasonJ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2007, 01:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

hello nice job spotting the FMA . the gyro on the GAZAURS are mounted at the safest place of any heli i know of , they are completely surrounded by carbon fiber on 3 sides and the servo i know is at the safest place possible if it got took out in a crash there wouldnt be a lower frame , motor pinion or motor , or any of the gear assembly cause the tail servo is directly under the main gear between the frame halves at the bottom where the landing gear mounts and if a tail servo did get taken out im thinking there wouldnt be anything salvagable , not even a screw . i couldnt imagine what kind of a crash could take out the servo unless maybe a direct head-on with a real heli or maybe a train , what do you think oh yeah check out my RAPTOR with CENTURY 500 fuselage for sale in the ( nitro forsale ) section thanks
Old 11-24-2007, 10:52 AM   #6 (permalink)

hey bob they are half of on HL you should check it out i just bought one
trex600pub is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2007, 02:16 PM   #7 (permalink)

which version did you get and i got mine from HL when they first started dealing them and i had to order motor seperate and when i received it there was a motor in box and now i have an extra motor heres a pic of motor the pinion is what holds motor together and what radio are you using the manual gives pics of 9303 complete set-up
Old 11-24-2007, 03:33 PM   #8 (permalink)

hey robbin
i got the mars i can't wait to get it i just love the futuristic look of it and to be diferent on the flying field is a plus LOL
well i have a scorpion motor here waiting for this heli but will see when the heli comes to see if it comes with the motor
Old 11-24-2007, 09:50 PM   #9 (permalink)

you are in for a surprise when you get it in the air for first time and when you start with assembly there are alot of holes to use to mount motor and motor plate that changes position as well as boom mount having the same way can be set at alot of different positions and theres a fiber plate that is optional but use it ,as it will keep vertical fin perfect if you leave it off boom can twist and is hard to keep straight , you will see when you get it that there are alot of options everywhere if you need some suggestions let me know i tried every mounting hole and option that listed in the manual good luck and i hope you love yours as much as i do mine and they are aggrevating at a couple of stages but they are fun cause theres no screws holding the frame together it wild how it interlocks
Old 11-25-2007, 07:02 AM   #10 (permalink)

Man, I want a one, especially with the $199 special Hobby Lobby is having right now. Trying to sell my Mini-Titan to get it.
brovic777 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2007, 08:57 AM   #11 (permalink)

Man, just jumped the gun and ordered a Mars 480!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a very happy camper right now!!!
Old 11-25-2007, 01:39 PM   #12 (permalink)

you will be real happy when you fly it and there is a couple of things that the manual isnt clear on so i had to go searching for answers when i got mine back in summer so if you have any questions on some of the options when assembling just ask.
Old 11-25-2007, 04:23 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******777 View Post
Man, just jumped the gun and ordered a Mars 480!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a very happy camper right now!!!
awsome man preaty soon they will be opening a tread just for the mars LOL
Old 11-25-2007, 06:39 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trex600pub View Post
awsome man preaty soon they will be opening a tread just for the mars LOL
oh yea.. Its such a HOT heli man. Its like a bad a$$$$ spaceship comming to take over the world!!! Well at least the flying field. Now that I'm progressing in 3Dz, it will be great to show off this heli!!!
Old 11-25-2007, 08:10 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******777 View Post
oh yea.. Its such a HOT heli man. Its like a bad a$$$$ spaceship comming to take over the world!!! Well at least the flying field. Now that I'm progressing in 3Dz, it will be great to show off this heli!!!
yea man i can't wait for it to come they should ship it tomorrow so i will have it here by thurday or so, i already got a scorpion motor waiting for it LOL now i got to figuer a paint job for the canopy
Old 11-25-2007, 08:46 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trex600pub View Post
yea man i can't wait for it to come they should ship it tomorrow so i will have it here by thurday or so, i already got a scorpion motor waiting for it LOL now i got to figuer a paint job for the canopy

Do you know if the kit comes with blades and stickers? I'm assuming it does.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:19 PM   #17 (permalink)

i wanted a carbon fiber windshield and they dont make one so i went to ADVANCE autoparts and on the pinstripe shelf they carry a roll of carbon fiber look tape ,i think its like maybe 6'' wide by 8' long and then i cut it out leaving excess and pasted it on windshield area trying to get out as many bubbles but it took me two tries to get it the way i wanted but i ended up splitting in half down center and installing in 2 halves,then after i got as smooth as i could i trimmed off excess then i used a hairdrier on high to finish smoothing .the carbon tape can also be used to make graphics also and the silver that is on side of canopy is a new contact paper that comes in a large roll at wal-mart and looks exactly like brushed stainless ,here are some pics

Last edited by robbin wilham; 11-26-2007 at 11:17 PM..
Old 11-25-2007, 09:26 PM   #18 (permalink)

i really dont know if it comes with stickers but robbin did a great job on that
Old 11-25-2007, 09:32 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbin wilham View Post
i wanted a carbon fiber windshield and they dont make one so i went to ADVANCE autoparts and on the pinstripe shelf they carry a roll of carbon fiber look tape ,i think its like maybe 6'' wide by 8' long and then i cut it out leaving excess and pasted it on windshield area trying to get out as many bubbles but it took me two tries to get it the way i wanted but i ended up splitting in half down center and installing in 2 halves,then after i got as smooth as i could i trimmed off excess then i used a hairdrier on high to finish smoothing .the carbon tape can also be used to make graphics also and the silver that is on side of canopy is a new contact paper that comes in a large roll at wal-mart and looks exactly like brushed stainless ,here are some pics
How u get the black frame version? Hope I get the silver, cause the image on Hobby-Lobby showed silver.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:55 PM   #20 (permalink)

yeah mine came with stickers and wood blades and it also included the VG2 outrunner motor ,the blue one and i was wanting the silver frame but it was out of stock everywhere i looked , i found i think 8 or 10 dealers and my second choice was the white frame have you saw it i think ive got some pics if you havent its pretty cool really different but cool ,guess what ,it was out of stock also so i had to settle for the black,if mine sells im gonna try to get one of the white POSEIDON and one of the silver MARS,and thanks for compliment

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in