Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics > 2.4G Spektrum Radios

2.4G Spektrum Radios Spektrum 2.4 Gigahertz Radios and Technology

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2015, 01:23 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelsonhelijunky View Post
This now has me worried. Guess I need to start looking for a backup.
Sheesh NOW you tell Me...

After I just sold 3 DX6i's !!

Shame Shame Shame on You !
JonJet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2015, 01:25 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJet View Post
Sheesh NOW you tell Me...

After I just sold 3 DX6i's !!

Shame Shame Shame on You !
Oh, no!
Old 09-26-2015, 07:49 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Update:
Got my DX6 back a few days ago from Horizon. All I can say is that I couldn't be happier with their customer service! They replaced the Rf transmitter and updated the software. The tech gave me a call to explain what was wrong, how it may have happened and chatted for a while. I was out of warranty by about two months but they took care of everything free of charge. All I paid for was shipping the DX6 to Horizon. Got a chance to sneak a quick flight in between all the rain today and it's working perfectly. 👍🏻
NewToRC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2015, 10:18 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Brand new out of the box and cabbage, not good.
stevehastings is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2015, 01:01 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehastings View Post
Brand new out of the box and cabbage, not good.
You would prefer Spinach or Broccoli?
HELIFREAK !!!
aerocal is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2015, 09:52 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToRC View Post
Update:
The tech gave me a call to explain what was wrong, how it may have happened
Thanks for the update. Could you let us know what the tech. said re: the possible cause of the failure. Anything us fellow DX6 owners can do / not do to avoid the problem?
Newdon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2015, 02:38 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bump
Old 09-27-2015, 05:07 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newdon View Post
Thanks for the update. Could you let us know what the tech. said re: the possible cause of the failure. Anything us fellow DX6 owners can do / not do to avoid the problem?

The tech said the main reason for the RF going out is low battery, especially keeping it turned on accidentally overnight. My battery was never low so he guessed it was possible that one of my batteries came loose in the battery holder. (Using alkaline batteries)

My guess is it is like any other electrical part, it quits when it quits. Luckily it didn't die while flying. Tech did state it rarely ever dies when bound to a model. Wish I could tell you more but that's all I know...
NewToRC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2015, 03:37 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for letting us know the suspected cause. Sounds like HH is not all that sure themselves; as you know, the TX will warn you of low batteries and if you have voice alerts turned on it will also state 'system idle' if it has left on accidentally so their explanation is a bit weak. Your guess is probably as good as theirs.

I upgraded to the LiPo battery pack and so far so good.
Old 10-26-2015, 08:25 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Dx6 G2 + DSMX Sat + RX2SIM bind fail.

Hi all,
i bought my Dx6 G2 in February this year, this was to use mainly for the Accurc or neXt heli sims.
I also bought the RX2SIM wireless adaptor of which i connected a DSMX Satellite mainly to use with neXt Heli.

This set up after binding worked perfectly with my DX9 but, i have since tried to bind the DX6 to the sat / adaptor and its a no go, no orange light & bind failed.
I have since updated the firmware on the RX2SIM adaptor & tried binding at different distances but still a bind failed.
Sounds like i could have a similar problem with the Dx6 RF Module?
any ideas appreciated thanks...
Old 11-11-2015, 07:40 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Rats! It happened to me yesterday. I totaled my 360 CFX so I moved the motor pinion away from the gear to discharge the batteries to storage levels. While I was doing this the DX6 started saying "Transmitter low battery". When I got to it the voice was starting to distort already. Turned off and next time it would not bind. I tried to rebind no luck. Then I noticed my orange LED was off. I came into Helifreak and found the answer. DX6 packed and today a call to HH.
Podcast host Skids Up
toadiscoil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2015, 09:48 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

A word of warning, this happened to me too. I left the transmitter on overnight and it died. When I powered up with new batteries, the orange light did not come on.

I purchased it a few months ago so will send it in for warranty repair, but it is somewhat disappointing that there is no protection from failure for this (disregarding my own human error).
Xypheron is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2016, 01:01 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

IMO, they should redesign and recall the RF modules. Just did a search of "RF module failure" on HF here and this is not the only thread I find this issue. Sure it's user error to forget to turn off the radio and drain the battery but it should not result in burning up the RF module. On my DX-8 I power it with HobbyKing Turnigy 2S 4000mAh Lipo with internal protection circuitry that'll open circuit on over-current, over-voltage, and I believe also over-discharge and luckily I haven't had a battery drain incident for the 3 years I've owned my radio [knock on wood]. But, lately I have heard at least 5 cases at my flying field of the exact RF module failure from a few different buddies with different radios ranging from the DX6, DX7s, DX9, etc. most possibly resulting from forgetting to turn off the radio. We are in Canada which means shipping the radio to Horizon for repair is ridiculously expensive. And then in at least one case the owner fears that the cosmetic damage on his radio from normal wear-and-tear over time may result in Horizon denying this faulty design result so the owner doesn't even want to send in for repair.

Now with this faulty design in mind, I'm seriously thinking to transition to Taranis (which is a much better radio anyways) and possibly just get the Spektrum module for the transition period. I know some of my buddies who suffer from this problem are seriously thinking to switch to Taranis. I know for sure I won't upgrade to another Spektrum radio in the future if they don't redesign the RF module.
DoubleCH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in