Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics > 2.4G Spektrum Radios

2.4G Spektrum Radios Spektrum 2.4 Gigahertz Radios and Technology

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2012, 10:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default d6xi newbie help

Is there a video or download that explains in detail the programming functions with definitions of terms? I have a MCX and have tried to offset some characteristics that came with the bird out of the box. I've scrolled through this and other forums as well as the manual and really would appreciate a dummies' guide. Any suggestions would be appreciated!!!
Arroyojon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2012, 12:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Look here.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=354008

G.
Old 05-26-2012, 02:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Thanks!! Does it apply to Dx6i?

Thanks for the great link. It is for the Dx8, is there a similar set of videos for the Dx6i? I looked on the Horizon Hobby site and they don't show the videos for the Dx8, so I'm wondering whether they are somewhere else.

If there aren't Dx6i specific videos, is the Dx8 programming similar enough to use those videos? They say on the first video that the Dx8 has differences from other Spektrom transmitters.
Old 05-26-2012, 05:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arroyojon View Post
Thanks for the great link. It is for the Dx8, is there a similar set of videos for the Dx6i? I looked on the Horizon Hobby site and they don't show the videos for the Dx8, so I'm wondering whether they are somewhere else.

If there aren't Dx6i specific videos, is the Dx8 programming similar enough to use those videos? They say on the first video that the Dx8 has differences from other Spektrom transmitters.
The dx8 has more functions etc, however many of the core concepts are the same.

What I did when I purchased my Dx6i was to Google all the options, watch youtube vids etc. Get your head around DR&Expo, Pitch and Throttle Curves etc. Once you understand all the concepts, you will be able to work out how they relate to your CX and your future heli's.

Good Luck!
Own a Dx8 or Dx7s? Check out https://sites.google.com/site/txprofilemanager/
OfficialCrashTester is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2012, 05:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Perhaps one of the biggest differences is the gyro gain. On the DX6i HH is from +50 to 100. Rate mode is 50 or less. The DX8 has HH from zero to 100 and rate mode zero to -100. Other than that and some switch assignment issue, the concepts are similar.

G.
Old 05-27-2012, 12:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The DX6i is nothing like the DX8.

See these videos.. he is working with the B400 but that is a CP heli just as is the MCPX.

DX6i part 1
Blade 400 3D DX6i PT1 (8 min 37 sec)

DX6i part 2
Blade 400 3D DX6i PT2 (9 min 6 sec)
Old 05-27-2012, 11:37 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Very helpful

These posts have been very helpful and make the progamming more understandable and less indimidating. I found another set of videos that really explained the theory which I was lacking. Here is the site.

http://www.hoverandsmile.com/

Thanks to all for your help!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in