Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > HeliDirect

HeliDirect HeliDirect HDX300, 450, 500, 550, 600 Factory Sponsored Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2009, 07:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default HC500se build problems

Hey all, just got a brand new HC500se and I ran into a couple of problems. First off my kit didn't come with tail blades, is this normal? And secondly my motor was not an outrage like the pictures show it, it was a sonix motor. The motor appears to be the same as the outrage but branded with a different name. And thirdly the motor had a bent shaft right out of the box, has anybody else run into this issue. Any feedback is appreciated, and if you know of any issues I should keep a look out for feel free to share. Thanks again.
spootman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2009, 10:07 PM   #2 (permalink)

Email where ever you got it.. I'm sure they'll send out replacements at their cost. =)

My 500 was photographed with CNC head components that arrived plastic. I got everything CNC for free. =)
B2TheEYo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2009, 12:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2TheEYo View Post
Email where ever you got it.. I'm sure they'll send out replacements at their cost. =)
+1. Contact the vendor. If it was Helidirect, they will make it right.
AMA #895632
Axe Ez, Axe CP, Blade MCX, HDX 450SEv3, HK-450, HC-500
dwgwinn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2009, 04:03 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Thanks for the replies. I sent them a email, helidirect has been good to me in the past so I'm not too worried about that. I came across another problem, the belt rubs on the bottom of the main pulley. It seems like it wants to hop off of the gear, it looks like the gear needs to be just a lil bit lower. Anyone dealt with this issue? Thanks again.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:38 AM   #5 (permalink)

If it was HeliDirect Larry will go out of his way to make it all right.

As far as any issues with the unique parts to the HC500, I can't really call on, I've just gotten an HDX500 SAH and SAS.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:02 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well as always HeliDirect was fast and pleasant to deal with. Just have to send in the motor for a replacement and they'll send some tail blades with it .
Old 07-31-2009, 10:45 PM   #7 (permalink)

Awesome.
Old 07-31-2009, 10:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have got to add my comments about HeliDirect.... These guys know customer service!! It doesn't matter if you spent 5 dollars or 500, they will take care of their customers. I have spent a lot of money with them because of their service alone. I know I have nothing to worry about. I joke with Jody now about my weekly parts orders, I told him I just am going to start calling once a week to say Hi! if I don't need anything. As far as the belt running low on the gear...I noticed that on my HC conversion from an SAH model. The SAH runs true and the HC runs low. I was going to look at hole placement on the 65 tooth tail upgrade in relation to the stock 54 on the SAH to see if there is a difference. I will post if I find anything. Good luck with your motor!!! Also for what its worth, I have had some issues with the K&B tail blade with fitting the HC grips and also I get an uncurable tail twitch that goes away as soon as I put the stock blades back on. Had the gain all over the place and nothing helps get rid of the twitch. I am running the black TREX blades now with good results. I will see if anything changes with the 65 tooth upgrade.
Old 08-06-2009, 06:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well just got the replacement parts from helidirect . They even sent me kbdd tail blades instead of the stock. But I still have a couple of problems, my front tail pulley is still too high and my motor pinion is just a lil too high. I tried a different pulley and its still seems like its gonna hop off the pulley when I spin the head. And the pinion is just a touch too high where the tapered part of the pinion is just at the bottom of the main gear making impossible to get my mesh right. I sent helidirect a message to see what answers they might have, anybody have any suggestions? As always thanks.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I actually sacrificed a main gear by cutting it down to just the hub and useing it as a spacer for the main gear. I figured the reason mine didn't mesh right was because I am running a scorpion motor and the lock collar was stopping the pinion from going lower. As for the belt, mine just rubs a little bit on the flange of the 65 tooth pulley. It seemed to fit better with the stock pulley, but has not frayed the belt in 20 or so flights.

Hurricane 550 cf fes and beasted
june8781 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2009, 10:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by spootman View Post
Well just got the replacement parts from helidirect . They even sent me kbdd tail blades instead of the stock. But I still have a couple of problems, my front tail pulley is still too high and my motor pinion is just a lil too high. I tried a different pulley and its still seems like its gonna hop off the pulley when I spin the head. And the pinion is just a touch too high where the tapered part of the pinion is just at the bottom of the main gear making impossible to get my mesh right. I sent helidirect a message to see what answers they might have, anybody have any suggestions? As always thanks.
Can you take a picture of your main bearing blocks? I recall that I assembled them per the instructions, and had the same issue you are describing. I had to flip the lower block over to get the pinion and tail pulley to sit correctly.

AMA #895632
Axe Ez, Axe CP, Blade MCX, HDX 450SEv3, HK-450, HC-500
dwgwinn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2009, 10:56 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwgwinn View Post
Can you take a picture of your main bearing blocks? I recall that I assembled them per the instructions, and had the same issue you are describing. I had to flip the lower block over to get the pinion and tail pulley to sit correctly.

I didn't assemble the lower bearing block as per the instructions as it needed to be flipped in order to hold the bearing in the block.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:19 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ok I havn't figured out the problem with the front tail pulley but I have eliminated that it is not the belt catching on the flange. I took the bottom flange off and installed it and I'm still getting the same ticking/popping noise. It almost seems like the belt and pulley are not meshing up properly. I've also noticed that there is a good amount of slop in between the main shaft and the one way bearing sleave.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:54 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by spootman View Post
I just got some KBDD tail blades for the 500 and they wont fit without removeing a good bit of material from behind the grip hole. Not a big deal but some people may not want to hack a new set of tail blades. I also mounted a new pair of the 50 size paddles, I'm not in the air just yet so I can't report on thier flight characteristic or a comparison to the stock paddles.
ACKopter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2009, 11:29 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If anyone has a spare one way bearing sleave and main shaft and check the inner diameter I would appreciate it. yea I also had to file down the blades to get them to fit, no biggie though IMO.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:02 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,

I have a small problem, the belt rubs on the bottom of the main pulley.
I affraid that the pulley rub the belt enough to break it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pulley1.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	110394

If someone have find a soulution to this problem, let me know please.

My solution could be to add a spacer between the beering block and the 65T pulley.

Any idea will be welcome

Thank's
Vortex VX1N
jacquesjb is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2009, 08:12 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yea I am having the same trouble with mine, I just took someones advice and beveled the bottom flange and seems like it will be okay. I thought about spacing it as well but that will make your main gear lower as well. The problem with my gear turned out to be a bad one way bearing sleeve. Helidirect sent me a new one which is better but it's still not a good fit.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:47 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well good news, Helidirect sent me a new one way bearing sleeve (excellent customer service as always). The sleeve was my problem , the replacement is still a little sloppy but not anywhere near as bad as the original. No more clicking/ticking noise , now I'm just waiting for a few odds and ends and I'll have it in the air.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in